Update notes

You guys are taking such big steps in the right direction, but it's not enough. I hope for all restrictions to be removed on ALL coasters.

Seems the hight restrictions are the only think they took out?

Thats was not really the concern for the majority of people, it was only one of the details about coaster restrictions we wrote.
The question is, have the brakes not able to be on downwards slopes, like in real life, still in or has that restriction also go out of the window with the heights thing?

I love they added the new lifthills 2 coasters, but i wouldnt be surprise if theres other coasters out there with turning lifthills also.

EDIT? Just read other posts, so you actually DIDNT take out the unrealistic brake restrictions? Really? Why?
Theres aboslutely no excuse there frontier, they were not there in alpha 2, and they are not realistic at all, so i dont know why its taken you so much time when it should have be gone with the height one (in fact, the height one is the less realisitc one and you let it slide).

Hope we have a response you are adding it in the future, and you didnt have time now, instead of waiting for a response that never comes and those restrictions still being there in the beta and final release.
You explained about the texture problems locking into biomes, and even if I dont like it, you actually answered it and Im happy about that. The worst you can do is radio silence in this things.

EDIT 2:
After playing with it you can actually create brakes on downwards slopes like in real life, but not upwards.
Ok at least is a step in the right direction, but Im sure someone that knows more than me is going to find a brake that goes upwards on a real life coaster, or makes a turn with the brakes. Or drive tires that go downwards and upwards...
Why still try to put restrictions there if there no height anymore and those ones are less realisitic?

Last edited:
· Track height restrictions have been removed. Allowing more creativity in building coasters.
[up][up] please ditch realism and "simulation" for creativity is what makes this game unique [up][up]

· Removed the small circles that appear when you build/connect adjacent paths in align to grid mode. Allows the creation of plaza like areas.
this is good news! I hope you continue to improve pathing for the sake of simplicity, paths are annoying!

Strange you decided, of any other coaster, the hypercoaster was the one that was going to have now a curved lifthill... Why not all? You said you based it on Knightmare, but will still dont have (and we really need it) a Schwarzkopf coaster in the game yet.
Here an article of there bein very little restrictions on lift hills in this day and age
http://www.coaster101.com/2013/09/25/coasters-101-lift-hills/
Maybe after reading it you will reconsider and put 0 restrcictions in the majority of pieces in the coasters.

Oh yes, and we still can't recreate something like space mountain in paris becuase you have the silly restriction of launches not being possible on slopes. Or the Hulk, a type of coaster that we actually have in the game (EDIT or at least I though we had since alpha 1 normal steel sitdown B&M coaster, i cant find it anymore), but still does't have the launch system piece.

Last edited:
All updates are great! [happy]
I have noticed though, since this latest update, all the vertical supports for handrails in the queues are missing. [where is it]

Hey don't hope you guys mind but you need to add more coaster types. I'm dying for a Steel Hybrid, Arrow Mine Train Type Coaster, Taron Intamin Muitlaunch and the one that is the 4 seat carriages. Oh and try to add these flat rides. BREAK DANCE, Spider, Enterprise.

No more floating zombie peeps stuck in my rides so that's good news.

After the update about 80% of the people were sent back to the main park entrance which caused a major traffic jam but thats no biggie.

This is a good update, but these limitations bother me. You guys have been making an awesome work, specially with modular building, but why limit coaster building? Because you want us to build realistic coasters?

We don't need limitations, people who want build real coasters (and know how to) will build real coasters.

What about the people who want have fun and build the craziest coaster? They can't because of these limitations.

For the good of the game, you guys should drop coaster limitations at all. And this will be the best theme park simulation game where EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Please, think about it [wink]

Last edited:
For coaster limitations, an idea might be to have a toggle....have a mode where there aren't restrictions on coaster track placement, and one where it is has "realistic" constraints. People can choose which they want to do in the sandbox, but maybe some campaign maps have restrictions as well....

Awesome news but I would still like to see some things:

1) Please put back realistic coaster friction. At the moment it is impossible to recreate existing coasters due to the friction being too high which means the trains slow down way too fast.

2) Please make us able to build back from the station without the trains being backwards.

3) Please let us make block brakes on a slope down, but when the slope is down, friction wheels get removed so only the block brakes remain (like in real life)

4) Please let us enable/disable catwalks for different types of track like normal track or block brakes so not only on lifts.

5) Please let us save paths along with our blueprints. Making paths is really difficult and time consuming. I have made some coasters faster than the entrance/exits of said coaster.

6) Please give us a menu music volume slider

Thanks again for listening to the community and this game Frontier. The game is amazing but it's these little things that kinda drive me mad sometimes. I hope you will consider fixing this! Thanks!

Last edited:
I love Frontier, but PLEASE remove ALL restrictions for building coasters, there are so many REALISTIC things we CANT do because of arbatory restrictions on pieces of tracks.

jeah, please remove all collisionboxes, so we can plant bushes and trees near to the coastertracks. the hitboxes are too big on most of the trees/scenery. thats what we're waiting for. :)

Nice to see some restrictions removed, but why stop?
Why are not all restrictions removed?

Is this a competition thing or something?

Because some of us WANT real restrictions - I hate the new height restriction removed option - Put it in a cheat code for those who want unrealistic rides.

Because some of us WANT real restrictions - I hate the new height restriction removed option - Put it in a cheat code for those who want unrealistic rides.

Sorry if you got the impression i want coasters to be unrealisitc or prevent you from doing so. But you are wrong there.

Sorry to bring it to you too, but the restrictions make the coasters unrealistic, because you can't smooth the restricted tracks anymore for example.
There is no grid to aim at the station or something.
With the old system you could build, push or pull every the track straight ( or the angle you were aiming for) and make the incoming track fit the break for example. Not possibel anymore in my opinion or very restrictive, unless i am doing something very wrong.
Now it is try and errror ending up mostly in error either with a wonky track or with a train facing the wrong way, which hasn't be solved in two updates by now.
And there are at least a dozen real coastertracks in my opinion you currently can't do.

With the old system there would be no problem which has to be solved. Everything could be done nice and easy.

Last edited:
Best solution in my opinion would be to go back to the old coaster builder with an improvement.

You can select a break, a block break, a track etc. and via tickbox make it restricted after you are done. So it wouldn't be taken into account by the smooth tool for example.

Last edited:
My game didn't update...Am I missing something?

Yesterday i didn't receive any update... (just saw this thread)
No idea if the update was already released or not.

Someone can confirm?

Many thanks.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

No more floating zombie peeps stuck in my rides so that's good news.

After the update about 80% of the people were sent back to the main park entrance which caused a major traffic jam but thats no biggie.

Really?!
Will now i be able to continue my building park series without having all those zombies above the tracks?! LOL
That would be nice :D

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

For coaster limitations, an idea might be to have a toggle....have a mode where there aren't restrictions on coaster track placement, and one where it is has "realistic" constraints. People can choose which they want to do in the sandbox, but maybe some campaign maps have restrictions as well....

Some option when building a coaster that would activate or deactivate the height limitation.
That would be nice (similarly the coaster supports on or off).

Top Bottom