Update notes

The change to coaster limitations is great news! The path update is like the cherry on top. Can't wait to open up the game when I get home.

I got 2 crashes today when I was doing some simple things (as always).
Never had crashes before. It only happens after this update. PC Specs are above the requirements and my drivers are up-to-date. Anyone else having issues with this?

I got 2 crashes today when I was doing some simple things (as always).
Never had crashes before. It only happens after this update. PC Specs are above the requirements and my drivers are up-to-date. Anyone else having issues with this?

Yes, had a few crashes and performance has dropped noticeably for me in this latest build. I guess it's doing a lot more, but I'm seeing frame lag/drops while moving around.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Awesome news but I would still like to see some things:

1) Please put back realistic coaster friction. At the moment it is impossible to recreate existing coasters due to the friction being too high which means the trains slow down way too fast.

2) Please make us able to build back from the station without the trains being backwards.

3) Please let us make block brakes on a slope down, but when the slope is down, friction wheels get removed so only the block brakes remain (like in real life)

4) Please let us enable/disable catwalks for different types of track like normal track or block brakes so not only on lifts.

5) Please let us save paths along with our blueprints. Making paths is really difficult and time consuming. I have made some coasters faster than the entrance/exits of said coaster.

6) Please give us a menu music volume slider

Thanks again for listening to the community and this game Frontier. The game is amazing but it's these little things that kinda drive me mad sometimes. I hope you will consider fixing this! Thanks!

Agree with all of the above.
I would also like to see all braking, propulsion systems being available to all tracks/coasters, and not only when track is perfectly straight. Many coasters have brakes on slopes, and have a choice of acceleration technologies.

Because some of us WANT real restrictions - I hate the new height restriction removed option - Put it in a cheat code for those who want unrealistic rides.
One problem with height restrictions, is coasters built to that max, but go underground, or just dip into the surface a meter or two, are/were unsharable via blueprints, because the coaster is too tall. They kinda shot themselves in the foot on that one.

I'm sure they are working on getting "auto tunneling" to work when placing blueprint coasters though.

Why is there so much freedom with buildings so people can be really creative (which Frontier keep saying that they love what people are coming up with) but have so many restrictions on coasters (& flat rides for that matter). It is Planet Coaster, it should not be Planet RESTRICTED Coaster. Please take restrictions off coasters & remove collision of scenery near flat rides.

LOL!!! @Bitter Jeweler Thanks for making me laugh... I get so... ummm... let's say passionate about my all time favourite game. I just want it to be perfect for everyone!!!

Last edited:
LOL!!! @Bitter Jeweler Thanks for making me laugh... I get so... ummm... let's say passionate about my all time favourite game. I just want it to be perfect for everyone!!!

kZnNAL2.jpg

One problem with height restrictions, is coasters built to that max, but go underground, or just dip into the surface a meter or two, are/were unsharable via blueprints, because the coaster is too tall. They kinda shot themselves in the foot on that one.

I'm sure they are working on getting "auto tunneling" to work when placing blueprint coasters though.

Ahh this makes sense, thanks for explaining it.

1) Please put back realistic coaster friction. At the moment it is impossible to recreate existing coasters due to the friction being too high which means the trains slow down way too fast.

2) Please make us able to build back from the station without the trains being backwards.

3) Please let us make block brakes on a slope down, but when the slope is down, friction wheels get removed so only the block brakes remain (like in real life)

4) Please let us enable/disable catwalks for different types of track like normal track or block brakes so not only on lifts.

5) Please let us save paths along with our blueprints. Making paths is really difficult and time consuming. I have made some coasters faster than the entrance/exits of said coaster.

6) Please give us a menu music volume slider

Thanks again for listening to the community and this game Frontier. The game is amazing but it's these little things that kinda drive me mad sometimes. I hope you will consider fixing this! Thanks!
+1 [yesnod]

Removed the small circles that appear when you build/connect adjacent paths in align to grid mode. Allows the creation of plaza like areas.

hallelujah !

[heart][heart][heart]
Ok ...

so ... in fact ... Nope !

Not hallelujah at all !!! [mad]

I tried to make a plaza, and for the first time with this game : I rage quit !!!

I'll go play a game of Overwatch to calm my nerves .......

Last edited:
Theres a problem with this plazas though, they are not real, they only make invisible the circles, so if you want to create a big one with decorations inside, like putting benches and bins, they will try to snap to this invisible circles. And becuase doing plazas right now is easier with the 4X4 path size, its impossible to create decorations inside exactly how you want.

In fact there should be a non snapping option for the benches and bins.

Please remove all restrictions! Give us freedom. Otherwise great work! The player will choose if he wants realism or not. Add a toggle. Or a game pre setting. Realism or Creative. Player choice is always best.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Originally Posted by zuhcvffq (Source)

I would like to +1 this also.

Last edited:
Top Bottom