Update notes

Zac Antonaci

Head of Communications
Frontier
Hey guys,

I've been speaking to the dev team who had some handy insights into some changes planned before release (and some that already exist) which are being discussed in this thread.

The first are the slopped block breaks. As hinted at by Bitter Jeweler, this was actually something that was added in to Alpha 3 update 4 and should be possible currently. In addition the friction and magnetic breaks can also be sloped and have been for a while. It's certainly worth taking a look and giving your feedback on the alpha feedback forum if you have any.

Secondly the derestriction of the Hydraulic Launch angles. Well Gary, you will be pleased to hear that Hydraulic Launch Coaster slope angle range for standard track will be increased to -90° to 90 and this is planned sometime before launch. [happy]

AAAAAAAND finally, for those of you asking about the Featured creators. These are vitally important in a number of ways and being able to promote them helps those players as well as the wider community by showcasing great content they might want to use. However, we understand that some of you might not want to have them in your list so these will be toggleable sometime before launch.

Hope that helps!

Zac

Hey guys,

I've been speaking to the dev team who had some handy insights into some changes planned before release (and some that already exist) which are being discussed in this thread.

The first are the slopped block breaks. As hinted at by Bitter Jeweler, this was actually something that was added in to Alpha 3 update 4 and should be possible currently. In addition the friction and magnetic breaks can also be sloped and have been for a while. It's certainly worth taking a look and giving your feedback on the alpha feedback forum if you have any.

Secondly the derestriction of the Hydraulic Launch angles. Well Gary, you will be pleased to hear that Hydraulic Launch Coaster slope angle range for standard track will be increased to -90° to 90 and this is planned sometime before launch. [happy]

AAAAAAAND finally, for those of you asking about the Featured creators. These are vitally important in a number of ways and being able to promote them helps those players as well as the wider community by showcasing great content they might want to use. However, we understand that some of you might not want to have them in your list so these will be toggleable sometime before launch.

Hope that helps!

Zac

Thank you for the update. I will just go offline and everything is fine.

Hope that helps!

Zac

What's really funny, maybe only to me, is I spent a lot of time building a coaster, and making sure my block sections were flat and level. It was frustrating in trying to keep a compact layout. I had forgotten one, and was fighting to work it in where I planned. I finally got a flat one worked in, but then thought it wasn't working right, so I tried to put one in right before it, which is in the pic posted, and it happened, and I didn't know how!!! I thought I gamed the system! LMAO!!!

Awesome, this is really helpful news!!!!

Great news about the Featured Creators! I LOVE having them available, but I like checking out MY friends stuff first.
Featured Creators are a valuable asset.

Last edited:
Thank you for the update. I will just go offline and everything is fine.

Why would you need to go offline if they can be turned off later?

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Hey guys,

Hope that helps!

Zac

Zac,

Thank you for the update. I assume the part about the breaks was missed so have assumed that they had not been placed back in. I assume a few will be jumping on this to check and build with then. This certainly seem like it has the direction we as a community again.

Just hope curved launches/chain lifts on all coasters that are engineering speaking possible will be available rather than one coaster car type.

Regards,

Adam

Hey guys,

Hope that helps!

Zac

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS - Zac I LOVE YOU !!!!!! (and the team)

EDIT: Now We just need Free Running Blocks ....PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASE

Last edited:
i would love to have more rides...you know when you thease us, 2 weeks ago in the 1rst stream, they had full stuff in the background that we curently dont have in the game...Like the Mega thea pot as a decoration...and the Rides thas look like a thea pot ride but full colorfull :) i want them if they are finish :) PLZZZZZZZZZ!! :) or even a monorail for my guess! lol my parck is prety big to walk ;) Or maybe just thease us more with a live stream to present the rides you are working on! that would be very cool as a minimum ;)

Last edited:
EDIT: Now We just need Free Running Blocks ....PLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASE

Coaster geeks, correct me if I am wrong, but block brakes shouldn't be free running.

The block brake has to be able to safely stop your train, in an emergency, and It has to be able to propel the stopped train with the force needed to complete the next section of track. So you couldn't realistically design a block section to allow a train to pass at 50 MPH, if this speed is needed to complete the next section of track. You would then need to launch at 50 MPH, and block brakes aren't designed to do that.

This seems to be why block sections alone (not followed by a launch, or chain), mid course, are always up high, and never down low.

This is a bit of the realistic design puzzle that should remain, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Why would you need to go offline if they can be turned off later?

I don't know what "toggleable" means and don't want to discuss it anymore. If i can switch them off i am also fine.
Please mark my post as never made then. In the end it is solved for me. Check.

Last edited:
Coaster geeks, correct me if I am wrong, but block brakes shouldn't be free running.

The block brake has to be able to safely stop your train, in an emergency, and It has to be able to propel the stopped train with the force needed to complete the next section of track. So you couldn't realistically design a block section to allow a train to pass at 50 MPH, if this speed is needed to complete the next section of track. You would then need to launch at 50 MPH, and block brakes aren't designed to do that.

This seems to be why block sections alone (not followed by a launch, or chain), mid course, are always up high, and never down low.

This is a bit of the realistic design puzzle that should remain, in my opinion.

Yes exactly, and it's a part of the puzzle that I personally really enjoy about building coasters. I always make sure that my blocks are placed high enough that the train will naturally slow down before it passes over them, and then the potential given to the train by the height of the brakes allows it to complete the course. I want the post-block brake experience to be the same when the train has to stop as when it doesn't stop.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Just like how the song goes...

Frontier...every day i love you more ;)

Last edited:
Zac,

About the water placement what are the requirements of the terrain need to be possible to place water ? Cause i notice when you want to make a bridge whit the land tools en fill it up whit water it doesn't allow you for some reason the sides need to be a mim thickness?

Clarification on my "Free running Blocks" request:

Some people seem to think i was asking for blocks that just allow a train to pass regardless, I wasnt , here is what i mean:

Blocks run free IF the next segment is free - My segments are always free, however the blocks always activate the brakes in planet coaster , that's what i mean.

I don't mean free running regardless,

At the moment the blocks slow the train down REGARDLESS of the next segment being clear or not.

To clarify, I want Blocks that allow a train to pass WITHOUT brakes being applied IF the next segment is free if another train , this is exactly how they work in "Real Life"

:)

Last edited:
At the moment the blocks slow the train down REGARDLESS of the next segment being clear or not.

To clarify, I want Blocks that allow a train to pass WITHOUT brakes being applied IF the next segment is free if another train , this is exactly how they work in "Real Life"

:)

Should they still have a speed limit?

Yes... I would like to see this implemented too. But, it would be good to have an optional 'trim' block brake.

Top Bottom