Update on Communication

For me this sounds as prioritization. They need to prioritize internally all events, content, new features and updates in roder to be able to communicate them externally.
Where do y'all get this media training? Start speaking like normal people, please. It's just contradiction after contradiction.

Untitled10.jpg

Sorry, Ian, I rarely disagree with your comments, but this time I think we have been given 'fluff', not information.
I think you're reading more disagreement into what I said than there was. I entirely agree that there's nothing here we didn't already either know or could have reasonably inferred from previous statements - but even the fluff/reiteration may help to reassure those of a more nervous disposition, so I can understand why they said it.

(And to be clear, not criticising the CMs for the lack of hard info. If no-one's telling them anything useful they can't tell us either)

Deleted member 182079

D
With respect, the paragraphs, whilst beautifully formed, are lacking in real information and appear to be sidestepping the questions that have been asked since December last year by the members of the forum.

Has the 'new era' of communication been shelved? Is ED and its expansions actually 'doomed' as is being bandied around? Read around Arf, the children are nervous!
To me it seems the 2022 communication strategy is "more mystery".

While the post itself was welcome (and the timing quite peculiar given I just posted a complaint in a now locked - of course - thread about the lack of comms) it doesn't really tell me anything of substance at all other than more vagueness, so find it difficult to give it a 'like'.

Really?

Is that a new description for the forum undead?

Who those guys? They just point out ways that elite could be improved.

Saying the game is doomed as a response is only one option. The other option is frontier could take the sprit of the suggestion and work an agreeable solution into a future patch. Which would not be doom at all, just a suggestion.

Right, which means there's rather more consequence for them if they tell us stuff they're not authorised to.

I'm not at all endorsing Frontier's communication strategy here, but that's a decision (and a culture) which goes way above the CMs.
Like what? The CMs apparently barely have to time to even read the forum, who's going to know?

Thanks for the info. Now that we know what is going on, we can lean back and wait.
But next time, please publish such information earlier, not after over a month of silence and multiple discussion and rumors about the reason why there is no communication.

Greetings Commanders,

I want to speak directly about the lack of official streams and reduced communications from our social channels since the start of 2022. I understand the concerns this has caused and hope this statement goes some way to alleviate them.

The whole team are excited to share all of the upcoming content for this year including new updates, content expansions and the next major phase in the ongoing narrative following the Azimuth Saga finale. Beyond this, we also look forward to sharing our new streaming format when the series returns as a weekly show. Changes will include new segments, year-round Twitch Drop campaigns and studio-quality production once we move back into the office.

However, there are several questions that must be answered internally to inform this communication plan. It is important to me that we address key subjects by priority and when we do that the information we provide is clear. The team and I are working incredibly hard behind the scenes to gather this information and provide these answers.

As always, the team and I are grateful for your patience and support while we wait for the opportunity to share all of the above with you. We will update you with more detail as soon as we can.

See you in the black o7.

-Arf​
The problem is that "behind the scenes". The game has tons of features that seems completely abandoned and honestly it's harder and harder to keep faith on it.

Top Bottom