Update on Communication

Whats that?
I have one of those for my joysticks, I think. :D

But as for a "binding roadmap", we're unlikely to see one because it's nearly guaranteed that if a roadmap were released, and something people want either isn't on it, or is on it and moves, people will come out with their pitchforks and torches and throw a fit about it. Unfortunately, Frontier decides that the alternative is to not say anything until something is being released, and people come out with their pitchforks and torches and throw a fit about it.

I have one of those for my joysticks, I think. :D

But as for a "binding roadmap", we're unlikely to see one because it's nearly guaranteed that if a roadmap were released, and something people want either isn't on it, or is on it and moves, people will come out with their pitchforks and torches and throw a fit about it. Unfortunately, Frontier decides that the alternative is to not say anything until something is being released, and people come out with their pitchforks and torches and throw a fit about it.

Horizons roadmap flashbacks :(

vietnam-cats.gif

Good to hear in a way, but perhaps you could have communicated this a lot earlier when you knew you wouldn't be able to talk much.

And perhaps while Sally is facing some difficulty in her life, perhaps one of the other CMs can step up to bat on the forums and engage with the community actively in her stead?

I have to ask, and I hope you understand this is frustration talking, but what are you and the other ED focused CMs actually doing for 8 hours a day if you are not engaging with the community? It can't be all sitting in meetings!

Deleted member 182079

D
I think what gets me most is the complete lack of even a hint of a timeline.

We could be talking days (nope), weeks (probably not, but possible), months(possibly not, but probable), years (wouldn't surprise me).

And the apparent complete lack of confidence around even just giving a tiny clue (bullet points) what those content updates could be about.

It really just feels like being strung along, without any guarantee (or better, likelihood) of any of this actually materialising in the end (exhibit A: past 2 months).

It doesn't help that since EDO (which came with its own overpromises and misleading statements in the run up to its release) I'm taking any announcements with a massive pinch of salt anyways.

Greetings Commanders,

I want to speak directly about the lack of official streams and reduced communications from our social channels since the start of 2022. I understand the concerns this has caused and hope this statement goes some way to alleviate them.

The whole team are excited to share all of the upcoming content for this year including new updates, content expansions and the next major phase in the ongoing narrative following the Azimuth Saga finale. Beyond this, we also look forward to sharing our new streaming format when the series returns as a weekly show. Changes will include new segments, year-round Twitch Drop campaigns and studio-quality production once we move back into the office.

However, there are several questions that must be answered internally to inform this communication plan. It is important to me that we address key subjects by priority and when we do that the information we provide is clear. The team and I are working incredibly hard behind the scenes to gather this information and provide these answers.

As always, the team and I are grateful for your patience and support while we wait for the opportunity to share all of the above with you. We will update you with more detail as soon as we can.

See you in the black o7.

-Arf​
It's nice to finally have some information about the team, FDev and ED. Thanks for showing up, Arf. I'm sure you all understand the importance of having news about the game to keep ED healthy and us, the community, happy with the game. The words about "content expansions" are the most looked forward. Please, let us know really soon the plans for ED:Oddysey on this year. Odyssey has so much potential, and we need to see more functionalities and content added soon to keep the game alive (Those on-foot Thargoids? More mission types on settlements and even stations and fleet carriers? Other species in the galaxy? More content variety on planets?)

Thanks a lot for breaking the silence and please return really soon and periodically.

o7

Greetings Commanders,

I want to speak directly about the lack of official streams and reduced communications from our social channels since the start of 2022. I understand the concerns this has caused and hope this statement goes some way to alleviate them.

The whole team are excited to share all of the upcoming content for this year including new updates, content expansions and the next major phase in the ongoing narrative following the Azimuth Saga finale. Beyond this, we also look forward to sharing our new streaming format when the series returns as a weekly show. Changes will include new segments, year-round Twitch Drop campaigns and studio-quality production once we move back into the office.

However, there are several questions that must be answered internally to inform this communication plan. It is important to me that we address key subjects by priority and when we do that the information we provide is clear. The team and I are working incredibly hard behind the scenes to gather this information and provide these answers.

As always, the team and I are grateful for your patience and support while we wait for the opportunity to share all of the above with you. We will update you with more detail as soon as we can.

See you in the black o7.

-Arf​

Thanks for the update. This doesn't seem like something that couldn't have been posted a few weeks ago tbh, but better to have something out there than nothing :)

Is Update 11 still on track? I'm assuming it's going to be delayed based on the change in comms from FDev since the new year. I'm currently headed for Ratraii in anticipation of needing to buy extra modules for my carrier (Vista Genomics is the main one I'm interested in) before the end of Feb, if there is to be a significant delay I'd like to know so I can reorganise my route plans.

Like what? The CMs apparently barely have to time to even read the forum, who's going to know?
There's a difference between reading the forum - which I'm sure the CMs do - and responding to the comments and questions. Which, clearly, they aren't able to at the moment because decisions above the CM level are still not forthcoming.

My take overall is thanks Arthur for confirming what he clearly can - the game isn't dead.

The problem with the Livestreams last year was that despite the content which was presented, the chat was just swarmed with 'When is Odyssey going to be released on Console?" or "You lied about Odyssey on release!" comments. I think before they start these livestreams back up again, they need to have an answer to the first question (there's nothing that can be done about the second). Otherwise, the streams will be spoiled with the same behaviour.

Either that or they have one of those news feeds scrolling across the bottom of the screen with answers to the most frequently asked questions, so the presenter can redirect peoples attention to the new feed.

My take overall is thanks Arthur for confirming what he clearly can - the game isn't dead.
Well, I'm glad to see they're still really excited about wanting to be able to share all kinds of information with us. Just like they were on December the 3rd in the holiday message, when they were really excited about wanting to be able to share all kinds of information with us in January.

Just in case, simply saying the game is in maintenance mode until some time in the future where it will be looked at again would probably do alot to clear things up, if that is the case.

If the monthly patches keep coming anyway, without any frontier (tm) aloof marketing to keep people hoping, each patch would then be free to exceed expectations (none).

Stringing people along for nothing is < having the message to just go enjoy what you have. If it has to be that way.

Top Bottom