COMPLETED CG Upgraded Xeno Scanner Requires Resources (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
To what end? So if you get there without being whittled to near death and find that hummies are on the titan. Then what?
Let me guess, skin sample it to find out.
Next boring CG for AX Operations Multi limpet controller. But first, one week without CG.

Maybe this is one of those "It isn't a game, it's a sim" moments. Reality is inconsistent and unfair, why shouldn't the Elite galaxy also be?
But you can explain literally anything that way!
It can be a little like this, and it can be like that, and it can be not at all!
Actually, I don't care if the ED is unconvincing or unfair, as long as there's some fun to be had. And CGs like this are certainly not fun!
And I'm sure the progress of this CG will prove it!

What makes a CG fun? (Other than giving you billions of credits per day.)
Tricky one that.
  1. Decals.
  2. Activities you enjoy anyway.
  3. The joy of helping the cause or purpose of the CG
  4. Helping provide a global reward for all players
  5. Limited availability modules
  6. Credits, this was much higher up the list the first few years I played but not above activities I enjoyed.
All other players will have a different list if only in terms of priority.

What makes a CG fun? (Other than giving you billions of credits per day.)
I don't care about billions, I already have too many.
It's fun to compete, to be in the 10 or 25% if it's important for some special prize.
It's fun if it's a new activity like Titan tissue sampling.
It's fun to have a common goal that makes sense - like defending Tekkeitjal, Chun Pindit, and 42 n Persei from the Thargoids. Playing CG in HIP 22460 was especially fun.
Of course, other players will find satisfaction in different activities and CGs.
I just want to say that every CG could be fun if Fdev put in a little more effort.

Maybe it's boring to ask the same questions for the tenth or twentieth time, but I dare to ask again - why doesn't FDev give us the CGs to make FSD v1 (class 3,4,6) and CRCRs (class 5,6) publicly available, for shopping at a technology broker?

Let's see how many great advantages such a thing would bring to both players and FDev!

1. These modules already exist in the game, so it does not require any additional effort.

2. The Thargoid war is the main thing in the game right now, and these modules are important precisely in the context of that war.

3. They are very useful but not game-changers, so nothing would be disrupted by their introduction.

4. They would make a large number of players feel happy and satisfied.

5. Such CGs would attract probably 10 times more players than these current CGs have.

6. Since we have a lot of weeks without any CGs, that "empty" time would be filled.

Well, I see only advantages for both sides, and I don't see any disadvantages. Even players who already have these modules, because they earned them in the CGs, wouldn't mind if they were made available to everyone, because it's been a long time.

And yet - those modules are not for sale! I'd better not talk about it any further, because I'd start using bad words.
So when players on the forums react openly hostile to FDev - should we really be surprised?

Because this cannot be explained by any bugs, nor accidental omissions and oversights. This can only be explained as knowingly and intentionally screwing up and disrespecting the players.

Maybe it's boring to ask the same questions for the tenth or twentieth time, but I dare to ask again - why doesn't FDev give us the CGs to make FSD v1 (class 3,4,6) and CRCRs (class 5,6) publicly available, for shopping at a technology broker?

Let's see how many great advantages such a thing would bring to both players and FDev!

1. These modules already exist in the game, so it does not require any additional effort.

2. The Thargoid war is the main thing in the game right now, and these modules are important precisely in the context of that war.
Yet many of us are actively avoiding it or totally indifferent to it.

3. They are very useful but not game-changers, so nothing would be disrupted by their introduction.

4. They would make a large number of players feel happy and satisfied.

5. Such CGs would attract probably 10 times more players than these current CGs have.

6. Since we have a lot of weeks without any CGs, that "empty" time would be filled.

Well, I see only advantages for both sides, and I don't see any disadvantages. Even players who already have these modules, because they earned them in the CGs, wouldn't mind if they were made available to everyone, because it's been a long time.
Some hopefully many of those players would feel that way but there will be enough who don’t to make a fuss about it.

And yet - those modules are not for sale! I'd better not talk about it any further, because I'd start using bad words.

IMO if we just had an exclusive currency like CG merits or something that we could exchange for engineering materials or credits then the profits doing the CG activity wouldn't matter. They'd even be able to setup CGs for each commodity so it doesn't end up being 99.9% polymers or whatever is the easy commodity to haul.

It would all come down to participating in a CG because you want to impact the game.

Seeing posts about the payouts for the CG commodities makes me see a certain, twisted irony in it all.

Insane and completely senseless vanity project to build statues so the Imperials can further their ego and feel more important about themselves? Absurd payouts to deliver gold and other materials.

Project to help rescue humans from a Titan? You get paid a pittance(I wonder where all of that funding that should’ve been there went …) but get to feel good about yourself if you contribute. About 90% of the Bubble probably still doesn’t care, though.

What a fantastic world Elite is to live in. The discrepancy might or might not be intentional, but it’s so fitting either way.

Insane and completely senseless vanity project to build statues so the Imperials can further their ego and feel more important about themselves? Absurd payouts to deliver gold and other materials.

Project to help rescue humans from a Titan? You get paid a pittance(I wonder where all of that funding that should’ve been there went …) but get to feel good about yourself if you contribute.
Sounds very realistic to me, actually.

I’m just saying it’s quite fitting for the universe of Elite.
For the universe of Elite? I'm afraid we see more than enough examples of such disproportions in real life.
I have many opportunities in real life to compare available budgets for automotive engineering and for hospitals / the health sector. ED is just sometimes taking the whole thing to the extreme.
It’s a very sad to see how priorities are distributed… in real life as well as in ED. I think ED makes light of this unfortunately very human problem very well.

Maybe this is a "supposed-to-fail CG".
With a side dish of holding up a mirror for people to gaze in.

I wonder what the consequences would be.
The "corrosion resistant cargo rack" CG a long long time ago also didn't do quite well and we still feel the effects of that today.

If the first tier is 20% of the cap (which the pixels seem to suggest), then the estimated completion as per Inara of ~18% in 4d 8h 57m at time of posting won't cut it. Activity typically slumps after a weekend... and while Sunday's yet to arrive, it'll still be dicey.

Maybe they could give a real incentive for people to compete in the CG. Like, for example, giving the top 10% contributors a pre-engineered class 6 FSD v1, which cannot be procured anywhere else (at least for quite some time). Now commanders would really be competing for that precious top-10% position.

I wonder what the consequences would be.
Likely nothing. We're not delivering supplies for the improved scanner; it's already been manufactured. The CG text says they are for "humanitarian rescue efforts" but we all know it will be the independent pilots doing the work anyway, like it always is.

Minor curious detail, but it seems like Frontier didn’t just randomly choose the materials for the CG… at least, in a way.

Thallium

Produced by: Refinery (Surface)
Consumed by: High Tech

Thallium, Tl, atomic number 81. Melting point 577K. It is a post-transition metal. It has a number of technological uses including medical imaging, infra-red optics and high temperature super conductivity.

Neofabric Insulation

Used by factions as a reward for mission contracts.
Consumed by: High Tech and Military

Neofabric insulation is a material using complementary fibre structures to retain, or protect from, heat build up

At least, I see a good case to be made for the medical imaging component of thallium. The neofabric insulation, I only see some vague connection to the heat conductivity component of thallium.

No idea what they could want the polymers for. I doubt it(glue) is gonna be very helpful to keep any of the rescued humans contained if they aren’t quite as friendly as hoped for.

We're not delivering supplies for the improved scanner; it's already been manufactured. The CG text says they are for "humanitarian rescue efforts" but we all know it will be the independent pilots doing the work anyway, like it always is.
Are you claiming that Aegis is pulling a fast one on us?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom