Release v1.2.0 elgato stream deck button plugin for elite dangerous

Yes. I only have the steam edition to test but it should work with the epic store version as well but I can't test that.
Potentially the problem could be related to the contents of the keyboard binding or journal files but I think that is less likely

yeah steam edition here. Alright well, ill keep going through these files and see if I can fix it, I really hope I can get this up and running.

Thanks for your help!

I have an issue...I have put in the "Target previous sub system" and "Target next sub system", and I can't assign an image to them.

Yes. I only have the steam edition to test but it should work with the epic store version as well but I can't test that.
Potentially the problem could be related to the contents of the keyboard binding or journal files but I think that is less likely
wondering if i have all the files that are supposed to be with the plugin.

what is supposed to be in the folder for the elite plugin?
in: \AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.mhwlng.elite.sdPlugin

@Reaper_26

for static buttons, you need to add an image in a different way from the other buttons types: click on the image, and select 'set from file'
(don't do it this way for the other type of buttons)

@Cyrus_Great415

the com.mhwlng.elite.streamDeckPlugin file, that you download from github, is a zip file.
Just change the extension to .zip and look at the contents.
Those files should be in the plugin directory.

Last edited:
thanks, seems to be good as far as files.

an chance its the stream deck software itself? I'm currently on the latest 4.9.2.13193

re-reading through the comments i read something about making sure the dotnet had to be installed, im unsure how to check or what to download if its not installed.

Last edited:
I'm also use the latest streamdeck software.
I think dotnet is installed ok on your pc, otherwise the (normal looking) log file in the plugin directory would not be generated by the plugin.

Last edited:
Thanks CMDR, I got it figured out. Is there any way to add a docking request function, similar to what voice attack has? Or is that simply a macro?

no sorry, macros are not within the scope of the plugin.

If you want to make your own multi-step macros, just use multi-action buttons and hotkey buttons.
You don't need to use the plugin to make such macros.
(although the static buttons can be used in multi-action buttons)

for a multi-step macro tutorial, see here :
https://youtu.be/4XNHBH58DuQ

(I don't think that they use this plugin in the video)

Last edited:
I'm also on the latest streamdeck software.
I think dotnet is installed ok on your pc, otherwise the (normal looking) log file in the plugin directory would not be generated by the plugin.
I think I may have just solved my issue, after doing some intense research into stream deck crashes, it seems there's some kind of bug when using a dual monitor set up. people have reported having plugins crash or the streamdeck program crash when setting them up when using the stream deck program on the second monitor, but when using the main monitor, the plugins work and I have been able to drop at least 1 button(toggle) and set it up without the program crashing! I have yet to test it in game and probably wont until tomorrow but its working so far!

may want to add this simple troubleshooting to your instructions just in case someone else runs into something similar.

thanks for all your help troubleshooting!

I can confirm the dual monitor bug - drove me crazy for a while. Setting everthing up on the main screen solved the problem.

Okay so I bought my Stream Deck, downloaded/installed the Elite Dangerous plugin and now can't begin to getting it to work after 2 hours of reading and re-reading the instructions on how to get the functions within the plugin to work in the game. It says something about "mapping keyboard keys" - only none of the Elite Dangerous plugin button functions have a way to map a keybinding in the SD to the keys ED uses. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Hitting a key on the SD and trying to map it in ED controls setup doesn't seem to work at all. And my SD won't even recognize ED so far as I can tell, ATM.

Any/all help appreciated.

An aside

Just bought a new Corsair K100 keyboard. I didn't know it when I bought it, but the documentation states that the 5 macro keys on the left will tie into Stream Deck.

Just another plus. More to explore.

@CMDR Trium

instructions are here :

https://github.com/mhwlng/streamdeck-elite

plugin installer is here :

https://github.com/mhwlng/streamdeck-elite/releases

just double click the streamDeckPlugin file. (after you install the streamdeck software first)

on the right are now 8 new button types, with the elite dangerous icon.

for example :

Drag the 'toggle button' onto a streamdeck button on the left.
Select the function that you want from the dropdown (for example 'lights')
Pick the images that you want to see when the lights are on and off.
And that's it.

Note that this only works if the related function in Elite Dangerous already has a keyboard key binding configured.
If it is only bound to a joystick or mouse button, then you need to add a secondary key binding in Elite Dangerous first.

It looks very cool. I've not long switched from Xbox to PC and looking to expand the experience.
What are the small screens you have either side of the stream deck?

I have doubts about the installation. I have a stream deck with 32 buttons.
I install com.mhwlng.elite.streamDeckPlugin and I can see the plugin in stream deck. All good so far.

I don't understand how to proceed and what to do with the other downloaded files. What do I do with the folders: Elite, Elite Journal Reader and InputSimulatorPlus ?

Thanks

Top Bottom