Release v1.2.0 elgato stream deck button plugin for elite dangerous

Thanks for superfast (almost instantly) reply and providing solution to the FSS / Hud Mode issue!
Also thanks for creating this plugin, it makes Elite so much better.

If you see the 'fakepath' then the plugin probably isn't running?
so for some reason it may have crashed (or refused to start) ?

please check that you are running the LATEST version of the plugin

please check that you have the dotnet framework installed

please check the log file in the plugin directory for any errors.

Last edited:
If you see the 'fakepath' then the plugin probably isn't running?
so for some reason it may have crashed (or refused to start) ?

please check that you are running the LATEST version of the plugin

please check that you have the dotnet framework installed

please check the log file in the plugin directory for any errors.
Thanks mhwing - the plugin had crashed as you said - restarted and all good now :)

ok, If you have steps, that I can follow, to reliably reproduce the crash (with the LATEST plugin version), that would be great...
(there may be clues to what happened, in the log file in the plugin directory)

ok, If you have steps, that I can follow, to reliably reproduce the crash (with the LATEST plugin version), that would be great...
(there may be clues to what happened, in the log file in the plugin directory)
Here you go.... let me know if you find anything! - I notice the problem after 1pm on this log

Hello,

Unfortunately that is not the correct log

I need the log file from

%appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins\com.mhwlng.elite.sdPlugin

first time I see errors like this :
file not found C:\Users\...\Options\Bindings\KeyboardMouseOnly.3.0.binds
file not found C:\Users\...\Options\Bindings\KeyboardMouseOnly.binds

after that I see errors like this :
The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\...\Options\Bindings\StartPreset.start' because it is being used by another process.
The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\...\Options\Bindings\Custom.3.0.binds' because it is being used by another process.

at 2020-11-10 16:45:17.8583 I see that the plugin was started and then I don't see these errors anymore.

I've put together a bit of a summary of the features of this great tool from the information I found in this forum and elsewhere - Hope someone finds it of use.
All credit to mhwIng for developing a game changer.

Last edited:
@mhwlng...First, thanks to you and the others that put this plugin together! I recently got the Stream Deck XL and tried to get the plugin installed...I downloaded the files from your link ( https://github.com/mhwlng/streamdeck-elite/releases ), however when I double click the 'com.mhwlng.elite.streamDeckPlugin' file nothing happens. I checked the Streak Deck Plugin folder and nothing is there...

Sorry for the newbie question as it seems no-one else has had any issues installing, so I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

@mhwing... Nevermind my previous post, I got it to work...just needed to completely close the StreamDeck app first :cool: Sorry to waste your time...

version 2.2.8

The static buttons can also be used with multi-action buttons.

The static buttons under the 'Toggles' group (like Combat Mode or Deploy Hardpoints) are meant for multi-actions.
These kinds of buttons should not be pressed multiple times in quick succession, because it takes some time for the plugin to receive the game state change.

Added new static buttons :

Supercruise
Hyperspace Jump

Analysis Mode / Combat Mode
Cargo Scoop On / Cargo Scoop Off
Flight Assist On / Flight Assist Off
Deploy Hardpoints / Retract Hardpoints
Deploy Landing Gear / Retract Landing Gear
Lights On / Lights Off
Night Vision On / Night Vision Off
Silent Running On / Silent Running Off

Hi mhwlng,
Why did you add max pips, default and alarm for reset POWER function? Does this button simply reset state of 3 PWR buttons?
What is Hyperspace Jump (in Hyperspace button) little window for? There is never text in it for me. Should it include number of jump until destination?

Thanks a lot

>for reset POWER function
because it's not possible to show different options for different functions. I didn't want to make a separate button type, just for reset power.

>Should it include number of jump until destination?
  • Toggle FSD, also shows Remaining Jumps In Route
  • Supercruise
  • Hyperspace Jump, also shows Remaining Jumps In Route
I can't find any problem :

C9zb6sF.png

ZxwIKo0.png

did you change the text color ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom