Discussion Vector Sigma - A Free Voice Attack Profile

ive figured it out not even 10 minutes ago. its to do with windows tts where tts in eddi is default to system which is whoever is set to default in windows settings. ie. david is set in windows settings and only david will respond, all other voices will not sound because tts is only supported for one voice at a time.

ive figured it out not even 10 minutes ago. its to do with windows tts where tts in eddi is default to system which is whoever is set to default in windows settings. ie. david is set in windows settings and only david will respond, all other voices will not sound because tts is only supported for one voice at a time.
@Kenjiro Respectfully, this is incorrect. EDDI does support multiple voices, unless something about the recent Windows 11 update has affected it (I've heard reports that the latest Windows 11 update removes the English UK voice pack, at least for some people?).

I spent several hours with @etoree examining this issue. I never could convince him to test EDDI separately from the Sigma profile so that we could see what it was doing in isolation from VoiceAttack, but we did eventually find that the Sigma profile he was using as a base was referencing voices the with "Desktop" suffix when those suffixed names were not available in EDDI (the same names were available without the "Desktop" suffix but an exact match is needed for voice selection). Since the VoiceAttack profile was not matching an available voice, responses through the VoiceAttack Sigma profile utilizing those voices appears to have fallen back to system defaults.

If there were any underlying issues with EDDI proper then we were unable to view them clearly because EDDI was not tested in isolation and the issue described above was not addressed.

@Kenjiro Respectfully, this is incorrect. EDDI does support multiple voices, unless something about the recent Windows 11 update has affected it (I've heard reports that the latest Windows 11 update removes the English UK voice pack, at least for some people?).

I spent several hours with @etoree examining this issue. I never could convince him to test EDDI separately from the Sigma profile so that we could see what it was doing in isolation from VoiceAttack, but we did eventually find that the Sigma profile he was using as a base was referencing voices the with "Desktop" suffix when those suffixed names were not available in EDDI (the same names were available without the "Desktop" suffix but an exact match is needed for voice selection). Since the VoiceAttack profile was not matching an available voice, responses through the VoiceAttack Sigma profile utilizing those voices appears to have fallen back to system defaults.

If there were any underlying issues with EDDI proper then we were unable to view them clearly because EDDI was not tested in isolation and the issue described above was not addressed.
Sorry for taking long to reply. I was travelling and just got back home a few minutes ago :p
Sigma can use either EDDI or Voice Attack for the responses, the user can choose which way to go. Might be a mistake by my part, but by default it uses EDDI.
All we have to do to choose the "response system" is use one of the commands bellow:

• use E D D I (Sigma will pass the responses to EDDI)
  • use Voice Attack (Sigma will pass the responses directly to Voice Attack)
It's been a very long time since I last used the HORRIBLE microsoft TTS voices, but I will test them with EDDI as the 'response system' and see what happens.
Thanks for your time, @T'kael

About the "multiple voices", well... it works just fine for me. Sigma can use up to 5 TTS voices, even with EDDI. Sigma tells EDDI which voice to use and there we go. Of course, said voice must be installed in Windows and must be recognized by EDDI.

Thanks for this excellent work. My english pronunciation aside, I can't put to work the mediaplayer functionality. The player I'm using is Windows Media Player, so, wmplayer is the process but nothing happens (the player is open). Any tip will be appreciated!

Thanks for this excellent work. My english pronunciation aside, I can't put to work the mediaplayer functionality. The player I'm using is Windows Media Player, so, wmplayer is the process but nothing happens (the player is open). Any tip will be appreciated!
Next week I should be back home (travelling at the moment), so I can test if Sigma is able to control WMP ;)
(just wrote a note on my "to do list")

OK, I am finally home and able to tinker with Sigma.
I just tested it using Windows Media Player as... well... the media player :p
I simply editted the MEDIAPLAYER.txt file (Sigma\Sigma\MEDIAPLAYER.txt) and changed its content to "wmplayer" (without the quotes). Then I started Voice Attack, then used the 'play music' command and answered "yes" to the question presented by Sigma. That's it, WMP started playing a MP3 file I had loaded before hand. Then I said "pause music" and it paused, as expected.

OK, I am finally home and able to tinker with Sigma.
I just tested it using Windows Media Player as... well... the media player :p
I simply editted the MEDIAPLAYER.txt file (Sigma\Sigma\MEDIAPLAYER.txt) and changed its content to "wmplayer" (without the quotes). Then I started Voice Attack, then used the 'play music' command and answered "yes" to the question presented by Sigma. That's it, WMP started playing a MP3 file I had loaded before hand. Then I said "pause music" and it paused, as expected.
Ok, first at all, really thanks for taking the time to actually answer such a dumb request of mine. Why "dumb question of mine"? Well, because I'm a f****** moron! Never actually realized that I'd to answer with a "yes" when Sigma asked if I was tired of the silence of space! Feeling SO dumb right now... Again, thanks and sorry for the inconveniences!

Ok, first at all, really thanks for taking the time to actually answer such a dumb request of mine. Why "dumb question of mine"? Well, because I'm a f****** moron! Never actually realized that I'd to answer with a "yes" when Sigma asked if I was tired of the silence of space! Feeling SO dumb right now... Again, thanks and sorry for the inconveniences!
Don't few so dumb. I have been thinking about changing the way that command works. That is removing the wait for an answer. :p

Hi. I just installed this and I'm finding it quite difficult to set up. I've tried to load the keybindings but it doesn't work, it keeps saying "invalid plugin context" and so most of the commands don't work. I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. Any advice?

telling it, left panel, right panel, center panel, communications, doesn't work well. I tried the "run diagnostics" and I think it made an even bigger mess. Everything seems to work except the voice commands for the panels. I'm pretty sure this is due to the panels not being controlled by hot keys. also, while going through the "run diagnostics", when it gets to the comm panel, numbers start apprearing in the chat. I'm sure this is due to script calling quick comms instead of the comms panel. I may or may not look into this further. I ran into the same thing when trying to get voice attack to do certain things for me. Too much menu navigation and not enough hot keys makes a mess. It might also be from "load keybinds" not picking everything up properly. It's so close. Everything works except navigating the panels. Honestly, imho, the best thing that could happen is hotkeys added by fdev.

[edit]
Sigma just lost it's job. It picks up things, from other people talking or a video playing on another device and sometimes me saying something, then it executes a command on what it heard, which wasn't issued as a command. I was attempting a planetary landing and about 1km off the deck it thought it heard "Afterburner" while I was pointing straight nose down.

I will attempt to edit the profile, removing boost and any other such potentially dangerous commands and see how it goes.

Last edited:
Hi. I just installed this and I'm finding it quite difficult to set up. I've tried to load the keybindings but it doesn't work, it keeps saying "invalid plugin context" and so most of the commands don't work. I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. Any advice?
Hello there.

The bindED plugin has been upgraded some months ago (by its developer) and now we don't need to tell it load the keybinds anymore. The "invalid plugin context" warning is displayed when we try to make bindED re-scan the bindings.

If you have all the keybinds Sigma needs configured in the game, it should work kindda of "out of the box".

If you still have issues, please join the Discord server ( https://discord.gg/76TkVmZp ) and head to the #sigma-english text channel. I believe I can help you better there.

telling it, left panel, right panel, center panel, communications, doesn't work well. I tried the "run diagnostics" and I think it made an even bigger mess. Everything seems to work except the voice commands for the panels. I'm pretty sure this is due to the panels not being controlled by hot keys. also, while going through the "run diagnostics", when it gets to the comm panel, numbers start apprearing in the chat. I'm sure this is due to script calling quick comms instead of the comms panel. I may or may not look into this further. I ran into the same thing when trying to get voice attack to do certain things for me. Too much menu navigation and not enough hot keys makes a mess. It might also be from "load keybinds" not picking everything up properly. It's so close. Everything works except navigating the panels. Honestly, imho, the best thing that could happen is hotkeys added by fdev.

[edit]
Sigma just lost it's job. It picks up things, from other people talking or a video playing on another device and sometimes me saying something, then it executes a command on what it heard, which wasn't issued as a command. I was attempting a planetary landing and about 1km off the deck it thought it heard "Afterburner" while I was pointing straight nose down.

I will attempt to edit the profile, removing boost and any other such potentially dangerous commands and see how it goes.

Hmmmmm no, Sigma doesn't use 'quick comm', it should use '1' for left panel, '2' for comms, and so on.

Remember Sigma only works with keybinds configured to use keyboard. If you play using a gamepad/joystick/gamecontroller/HOTAS you have to bind the keys to keyboard too. (that's how I play with my HOTAS).

About the problem regarding "misinterpreting sounds as commands", you have to check Voice Attack configurations. Perhaps you might need to increase 'Minimum Confidence Level', or work some magic to decrease the noise in the environment where you play (for example using a headset instead of speakes).

I had issues similar to that. I would be typing a message or the name of a system in the Galaxy Map and VA would get that sound as a command. Now that I have a RTX videocard I am using NVidia Broadcast for a better noise cancelation and that's it, VA no longer get my typing sound as a command ;)

If you still need help with Sigma, please join the server I linked above and head to #sigma-english. I should help you faster/better there.

I've found that VA can get stuck in a loop of responding to its own acknowledgement of the command (often the acknowledgement is a repeat of the command word) and reads that as a new command, resulting in, say, constant boosting until I mute the mic or something.

Even if I have a feminine voice responding which sounds nothing like my voice (I hope!) it will still do this. I've run through the voice training half a dozen times and even switched to a headset with full ear cans and a noise cancelling microphone, which helped a bit but it still happens sometimes.

Hopefully it will reduce as the speech recognition engine learns more about my voice. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hello just started using Vector Sigma and I love it, very awesome work. I am having some issues though I can not make out.
1. It will only use 3 voices David, Hazel and Zira even though I have all the windows 10 English packs installed
2. The commands are recognized and repeat back however are never sent to ED.
3. EDDI uses what ever voice it wants and switches between them at random

I am using voice attack 1.10.3? I think and have tried to auto update. says current version also the latest versions of Sigma and EDDI. I am certain I have something crossed here... please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello just started using Vector Sigma and I love it, very awesome work. I am having some issues though I can not make out.
1. It will only use 3 voices David, Hazel and Zira even though I have all the windows 10 English packs installed
Windows' TTS voices can be a little pain in the @$$. It's been a very long time (years) since I last struggled to make all those English voices (windows) work. If I remember it right, it has something to do with 32bit or 64bit voices. I don't remember which ones work with Voice Attack.

Since I got 'Ivona 2' on my PC I dropped Windows voices for good.
2. The commands are recognized and repeat back however are never sent to ED.
Can you send a screenshot of VA main window showing what happens when you use a voice command and it doesn't do anything?
3. EDDI uses what ever voice it wants and switches between them at random
Hmmmm that's weird. Never saw that happen.
I am using voice attack 1.10.3? I think and have tried to auto update. says current version also the latest versions of Sigma and EDDI. I am certain I have something crossed here... please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the compliments ;)

So it says I have no hot keys set, they are all the default ED keys, previously I was using EDDiscovery free voice which also auto detected the ED keymap but it worked fine

Does it matter that I do not have Elite installed in the default location?
it did not seem to matter with the EDDiscovery

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
is there a setting or config for the plugin
EDDI?
Found it... So All of the windows voices just started working on their own and I corrected the issue with EDDI changing the voice at random by assigning a voice rather than allowing it to be system default which I think was changing for some reason on its own

Also just saw this on boot-up SOLVED

6:29:36.881 ERROR | bindED: No bindings file found for preset 'KeyboardMouseOnly'. If this is a default preset, please change anything in Elite’s controls options.

6:29:36.879 ERROR | bindED: You have selected multiple control presets ('KeyboardMouseOnly', 'Custom'). Only binds from 'KeyboardMouseOnly' will be used. Please refer to the documentation for more information.

It appears you have to change something in all 3 profiles. Mine are now all set to custom and all is right as rain

Last edited:
Oh, yes, the plugin (bindED) complains when you use different 'keybinds profiles'. So for it to work properly you have to use the same profile for all modes (general, ship, srv and on foot)

Good day, commanders!

I come to announce Sigma version 4.2 is released. Please let me know if you find any issues ;)

CHANGELOG
fixed:
"Request Docking" now should work as intended, no longer issuing a 'fake button press' at the end of the process (request dock button on the left panel)
fixed: The Galaxypedia "Tell me a random fact" command was no longer working. Now it's back after some tinkering (and a big tip from VoiceAttack's developer)
changed: When we use the media player commands Sigma won't ask for confirmations anymore
updated: "Jump" and "Supercruise" commands will check if landing gear, cargo scoop and weapons are deployed before trying to start charging the FSD
updated: Sigma won't ask for confirmations when we use the "Deploy Weapons" or "Holster" commands

Top Bottom