Discussion Vector Sigma - A Free Voice Attack Profile

telling it, left panel, right panel, center panel, communications, doesn't work well. I tried the "run diagnostics" and I think it made an even bigger mess. Everything seems to work except the voice commands for the panels. I'm pretty sure this is due to the panels not being controlled by hot keys. also, while going through the "run diagnostics", when it gets to the comm panel, numbers start apprearing in the chat. I'm sure this is due to script calling quick comms instead of the comms panel. I may or may not look into this further. I ran into the same thing when trying to get voice attack to do certain things for me. Too much menu navigation and not enough hot keys makes a mess. It might also be from "load keybinds" not picking everything up properly. It's so close. Everything works except navigating the panels. Honestly, imho, the best thing that could happen is hotkeys added by fdev.

[edit]
Sigma just lost it's job. It picks up things, from other people talking or a video playing on another device and sometimes me saying something, then it executes a command on what it heard, which wasn't issued as a command. I was attempting a planetary landing and about 1km off the deck it thought it heard "Afterburner" while I was pointing straight nose down.

I will attempt to edit the profile, removing boost and any other such potentially dangerous commands and see how it goes.
Edit the ((Boot Sigma)) command and add the following;
Code:
-- Is VA listening?
Begin Text Compare : [{STATE_LISTENING}] Equals '1'
    -- VA is listening so stop it
    Stop VoiceAttack listening
Else
    Write [Yellow] 'Listening is already suspended' to log
End Condition
Then edit the profile and click the Options button, make the Profile General tab the active tab and tick the top option Override listening if my spoken command begins with and enter something in the box: Sigma or Computer for example you will then find when the profile starts it auto stops VA listening and you'd also need to prefix any commands with what ever you enter in the text box. The commands will then be understood and executed as long as you remember to prefix them so why are you here becomes computer why are you here. I had the same problem as you with a different profile but doing the above changes solved it for me.

Oh and in regards to the panel commands, they should be:
Open (or show) left panel
Open (or show) center panel
and so on. ;)
(among other variations)

Hi there, commanders.

I have been working on Vector Sigma (or just Sigma) since 2017. It is a free Voice Attack profile which was born based on Anubis (by Zenuel).

Of course Sigma "was born" to satisfy my needs while flying in ED, but then some friends tried it and made some suggestions/requests, so it grew a lot. Sigma can work with or without EDDI. But then, for Sigma to show its true potential, you better have EDDI installed as a VA plugin.

Some of Sigma's key features:
  • Simple panels control - it will open the left, top, bottom or right panel for you
  • Automatic keybindings detection - you won't need to set the game keybinds to match Sigma's or the other way around. It should get the information from the game and work accordingly (as far as all the functions it uses are mapped in-game)
  • It supports more than 15 Text-To-Speech (TTS) voices - by default Sigma will work with almost all Microsoft English TTS "voices" and a bunch more from IVONA 2 package.
  • You can set up to 5 different voices to be "on duty" on your ship at the same time - I divided the ship in 5 "areas/sections", being First Officer, Navigation, Helm/Weapons, Engineering and Science Officer. You can have one voice for each of those sections if you like.
  • The Galaxypedia - there are hundreds of subjects Sigma can tell you about. Among them you have information about the commodities, materials, powerplay characters and astronomy/science subjects.
  • It can keep EDDI less verbose - if you don't like EDDI because "it talks too much", Sigma might help you with that. Since version 3.7.1 it should let EDDI talk only when needed (or requested by the pilot), without losing the ability to get crucial information from EDDI. But this feature is optional. You choose when EDDI will be verbose or not.
  • NOW ODYSSEY COMPATIBLE
The project website -> https://sites.google.com/view/vector-sigma/home
Current version -> 4.3

I will edit this post everytime a new version is released. If you have any suggestions or complaints, please let me know. I'll try and accommodate requests as much as possible.

Oh, if you have a TTS voice which Sigma "doesn't support" out of the box, let me know and I can add it to the supported list. The more the merrier, right?

And yes, the project's name is a tribute to a character from the Transformers cartoon (80's).

P.S. - I am brazilian, so English is not my primary language. If you spot any mistakes I made (be on Sigma's commands/responses or my posts, feel free to correct me. You will be helping me improve)
I've just begun using this and love it. Thank you.

On the Installation page here:

It links to the old 4.0 version.
Are you sure about that? Just tried the site and it points to Sigma-4.3.zip

The only thing I had to correct was on the Installation Instructions. I forgot to change Sigma-Galaxypedia-4.2.vap to Sigma-Galaxypedia-4.3.vap.

1685547023749.png

And here we go! Sigma-4.3.2 has just been released.

I added support to 14 more TTS voices, this time from Nuance:
  • American English Alisson
  • American English Ava
  • American English Evan
  • American English Nathan
  • American English Samantha
  • Australian English Karen
  • Australian English Lee
  • British English Daniel
  • British English Kate
  • British English Malcolm
  • British English Serena
  • British English Stephanie
  • Irish English Moira
  • South African English Tessa
Download the new version here: https://github.com/yucatan/VectorSigma/raw/master/Sigma/Sigma-4.3.2.zip

You can find installation instructions on the project website: https://sites.google.com/view/vector-sigma

Found any bugs/issues? Please report them on this Discord (https://discord.gg/zAWgG3zC), in the #sigma-english channel.

Enjoy!

Not sure what this is supposed to say but at a loss at the word stante unless its supposed to be status?

Anyway it's in the file sigma\panels\diagnostic_question.txt

I need to update my knowledge for the current stante of {TXT:Ship name}. May I run diagnostics now?

Top Bottom