[Video] Leaked Thargoid models

WRWaWrB.png

Hello folks,

The model detailed in Yamiks' video is actually an old model from 2014, which the community had previously discovered, and is not indicative of our plans for Elite Dangerous. :)

Hope that helps to clarify things!

Which is exactly what someone would say if they wanted to deflect from anyone discovering their conspiracy!

Hello folks,

The model detailed in Yamiks' video is actually an old model from 2014, which the community had previously discovered, and is not indicative of our plans for Elite Dangerous. :)

does it mean there will be no such thing as space legs in the elite. sad, very sad.

Last edited:
Without knowing much of the story - why it would be indicative of that?
But why add this model to the game, if not for space legs? moreover, if Will says that “not indicative of our plans for Elite Dangerous” (c) it means that the plans have changed and the cosmic legs no longer belong to them.

Last edited:
But why add this model to the game, if not for space legs? moreover, if Will says that “with the plans for Elite Dangerous” (c) it means that the plans have changed and the cosmic legs no longer belong to them.

The same reason player or NPC avatars exist.

And cutscenes like this video.
[video=youtube_share;-WzS-n0EiCI]https://youtu.be/-WzS-n0EiCI[/video]

Or commander chronicles videos.

Last edited:
But why add this model to the game, if not for space legs? moreover, if Will says that “not indicative of our plans for Elite Dangerous” (c) it means that the plans have changed and the cosmic legs no longer belong to them.
Because often stuff gets released into files for a game long before it's ever needed, or never gets removed. As for 'our plans', it's sightly ambigious term so don't need much into it.

Oh, so what was meant by space legs in the elite, is this a pair of pre-render video? heh ...

No, that's just the community blindly jumping to conclusions on wishful thinking, and showing a lack of imagination when it comes to how new features or content can be used — just like when people thought holo-me meant spacelegs were coming soon, this is just +1 to that list.

No, that's just the community blindly jumping to conclusions on wishful thinking, and showing a lack of imagination when it comes to how new features or content can be used — just like when people thought holo-me meant spacelegs were coming soon, this is just +1 to that list.

yeah, and then the frontiers will say that this is exactly what was intended and under the "legs" they were short videos and a static picture of "holo me" and meant.

in general, the promise of frontiers is clear. "legs" should not wait.

but at the expense of the community, there is probably some truth. legs in the elite will not be until the community is satisfied and everything suits him.

Model or even concept of Thargoids might have changed since those models. If nothing has been confirmed official, it is in flux. Doesn't indicate anything about space legs, or other feature really.

I understand it's not done by every games dev company, but, for me, I would love to see a publicly facing roadmap for Elite Dangerous for the major milestones ahead. Dates can be optional, I would just like to see what their ideas are for expanding the game without being so flirtatiously vague as to slowly frustrate me into dating other games.

I understand it's not done by every games dev company, but, for me, I would love to see a publicly facing roadmap for Elite Dangerous for the major milestones ahead. Dates can be optional, I would just like to see what their ideas are for expanding the game without being so flirtatiously vague as to slowly frustrate me into dating other games.

Last time they released a roadmap (horizons) they got slaughtered both here and other places for having to delay parts of it.

Hello folks,

Thanks for the response. I hope we get live Thargoids with EVA ship-boarding this year.

Last edited:
Expression is a human concept which we try to put on everything to give us a greater understanding of it. On the Thargoid front we would no greater chance talking to them as we have to a beetle we do not understand their language enough and like the beetle it to does not have expressions we can comprehend :)

If we are getting the ability to move around then this year will be very exciting indeed and I look forwards to what the future will hold :)

I don't know, I find it really weird that this information manages to get out of the Frontier office twice... I'm pretty convinced that these leaks are both legit, even more so after the precision of the first leak.

But I feel like the IT department could easily locate the machine from which the leak came from, or the employee that pulled it off. I doubt that anyone would risk losing their job, and probably much worse, only to leak a pic on 4chan. If this got out, imho, it is either from a really mad person or it is a voluntary move from FDev.

Looks dope anyways :)

Top Bottom