[Video] Thargoid CAPITAL ship, COMETS, mining fighters, new ships & more!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Why don't they tidy up the list then?
Makes you wonder though ..... if this is a list of subroutines, old and new and discarded .... they dare not throw anything away ...... in case ... it gets called .... by something else and ..... crashes ....the .... game ! :eek:

Greetings Commanders,

When developing a game, especially one the size of a Galaxy, there is a lot of information and naming of files required into putting it all together. This certainly doesn't mean that everything you read in the files will make its way into the game. There are many reasons why these names may have been added over the years and it's important not to jump to conclusions when speculating about these files. To make sure that no one is given any misinformation and becomes disappointed, it's always best to wait for official news and announcements regarding all features and content.

one thing: booooooooooooooooooo!

Wait, this whole video is about text references, not even dxf renderings? Pffft. Text strings are as valuable as phone spam.

There could easily be stuff in there from the very beginning, its true. The real question is when are we getting the ADS back? I havnt been able to motivate myself to log in for nearly a year....Cmon, just let us have the fun back. :)
It's probably because you're wasting all your motivation posting on the forums of a game you don't play anymore hoping for the past to return. At least you're in good company, there are people who haven't played for literally years who still post to complain about Engineering, Offline Mode, and the even the basic flight model.

once a club feels the need to post an official rebuttal, it's pretty much a done deal. 😜😅

excusatio non petita, accusatio manifesta ;)

the quick response is indeed suggestive. some of that can well be just leftover from dead tracks, but some of it probably is not. let the speculation begin!

So this "Glaive" mentioned in the files...

A Glaive is a short medieval polearm, smaller than a lance. Perhaps a little brother to the FDL. My money would be on a combat-focused, high-end, small-pad Zorgon Peterson ship. A Krait to the Vulture's Python, maybe.
I think it's much more likely to be a ship-launched-fighter, probably a guardian hybrid (or maybe thargoid hybrid) to match the already existing Lance, Trident, and Javelin.

Amazing what you can all peel out from nothing! Too bad we can't see your version if this response would have come with a small delay... 🤯

regarding your latin words: that's far from an excuse not being sought for, especially in light of the attention that any crap from Yamik usually generates and the potential damage it can do. To me a well timed clarification to prevent overhyping, which was urgently needed.

i'm just being mean. in a good way!

There could easily be stuff in there from the very beginning, its true. The real question is when are we getting the ADS back? I havnt been able to motivate myself to log in for nearly a year....Cmon, just let us have the fun back. :)
ADS still honks the system, you just got a refund on the now built-in module.

Check your key bindings, free as standard on all ships. ;)

Greetings Commanders,

When developing a game, especially one the size of a Galaxy, there is a lot of information and naming of files required into putting it all together. This certainly doesn't mean that everything you read in the files will make its way into the game. There are many reasons why these names may have been added over the years and it's important not to jump to conclusions when speculating about these files. To make sure that no one is given any misinformation and becomes disappointed, it's always best to wait for official news and announcements regarding all features and content.
Thanks for this clarification, but this is so obvious anybody with half a brain wouldn't jump to conclusions or get on a hype train over thin air and data-mined ghosts, right? ...

Greetings Commanders,

The Panther Clipper was teased 5 years ago and confirmed by David Braben 4 years ago. It's files have been in the game since that time. At present I meanwhile consider it a broken promise, while it is one of the things I've been waiting for most.

They should put the famous elephant butt leather in there just as an easter egg for all future generations.

It should 100% be present in game as a rare good.

Just sayin'

The Yamiks is turning Hypium dealer ? I'm sure he's actually buying Forum Salt futures XD

@Yamiks
While some things have been in there since day 1 and probably won't see the light of day it would be interesting to see if any of these references are new... Doing a compare on the file data we have now and pre Sept or April update would be very interesting.
For example, was glaive and mamba lite added in he Sept update or have they been there since the mamba was first released. If new then that's prob a good induction that something might be on the horizon.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom