Hardware & Technical Virpil WarBRD and Mongoos T50 Throttle are now up for pre-order.

If you can sacrifice a torx bit or something similar, maybe you can drill a hole into the screw and then hammer the bit into it and hopefully it sits tight enough and is strong enough for you to take it out.

Wish you good luck on getting that screw out, can be a real pain in the a** when the slot on a screw gets destroyed.

I know what I need, and have bought a warm air gun.
I also will get a screwextractor set but they seemed to be all sold out.

I am simply waiting to do anything until I get the new cams.
Here's hoping I can get the out, but it was seriously mangled, and the screw being countersunk means the head barely has anything left.
It's basically a dent now.

Last edited:
I know what I need, and have bought a warm air gun.
I also will get a screwextractor set but they seemed to be all sold out.

If you can sacrifice a torx bit or something similar, maybe you can drill a hole into the screw and then hammer the bit into it and hopefully it sits tight enough and is strong enough for you to take it out.

I tried both of those approaches, the screws are so soft that it just destroyed more of it. The only thing that worked for me was the dremel. If it's any comfort the screws are easy to swap once you've cracked them open once though ;)

I tried both of those approaches, the screws are so soft that it just destroyed more of it. The only thing that worked for me was the dremel. If it's any comfort the screws are easy to swap once you've cracked them open once though ;)

Yeah, I'm honestly suspecting I might have to chip\drill it out of there,

Will see, the new cams should hopefully arrive today so might get on that tomorrow or later.
Then it's in with the new screws from accu-group :p

Not sure what's up with that software.
When I first tried to do a calibration, as the video directed, it completely broke my stick.
Readout was flying everywhere.

But there seems to be two modes to it that I just stumbled on.
Double click the green button, this turns the main axis display to a spreadsheet like readout.
And using the calibration from that worked.

Bit of a late reply, but I had a similar issue. In the end, I found I had to load a completely different profile to the one the instructions mentioned. It's been a while now, so I can't remember exactly what I did, but when I get a chance I'll look into it again.

Basically, when I did what the instructions said, my stick totally broke, with axis doing crazy stuff, and buttons not responding. Tried a few different files for the se tup, and ended up getting it to work perfectly.

I'll be curious to try out the double click on green spreadsheet method...

Z...

Well, no luck getting that screw out, so I'm just sticking with default cam so far, it's the pitch axis so it's way in there, I seriously can't get in there with a multitool without cutting up the gimbal assembly itself in the process :(.

It is actually not half bad though, the increase to force in deflection is not an issue on the pitch axis, I seem to have plenty leverage that way, the roll axis is the one I was struggling with the most.
I don't normally consider myself that weak but with the default I was getting loathe to fully deflect roll right to 100%.
The alternative was the cam with a heavy center bumb, which is nice for what it is, but I was hoping for a little less of that from the CH.

The cosmosim cams nails it in this regard, easily deflects fully, very nice and add a tube extension as well and we have oodles of control, as well as more leverage.
I am quite happy with how it is performing at the moment.

Only thing to notice with the cosmosim is there a slight bumb as you pass near full deflection, it's there but I don't really mind it.
I suppose without that it would be just a flat CAM and we would have nearly no centering whatsoever.

2 cent's

If you are considering a Mongoose and base and play elite.
Get the cosmo sim cams, and the full extension kit, you will love them.

Guys
Anyone here recived already throttle or warbrd const. delta ? I ordered both from the beginning of July and still waiting for shipment. I heard they will give us cosmocam for free due delay.

Guys
Anyone here recived already throttle or warbrd const. delta ? I ordered both from the beginning of July and still waiting for shipment. I heard they will give us cosmocam for free due delay.

Only thing I have seen about the throttle is that Ralfidude on https://forums.eagle.ru has gotten his throttle and the new warbrd base. He didn't order the delta grip I think.
But he is the first one to get the new stuff and I haven't seen anything that shows anyone else getting shipping notification of these items.

Personally hoping/waiting for the version with an analog stick.

But if their past history us anything to go by their time needed to deliver that is a lot shorter than my patience.

And I have slightly branched out to giving DCS a proper shot and there I find the noise on the ch throttle just a little to much.

I have therefore fallen for the temptation to get a warthog throttle, should have it in a few days.
Thinking of keeping the ch throttle for ed for the time being or adding a second virpil with the constellation grip for spacesims and elite.

Expensive. But sounds like a plan.

Personally hoping/waiting for the version with an analog stick.

But if their past history us anything to go by their time needed to deliver that is a lot shorter than my patience.

And I have slightly branched out to giving DCS a proper shot and there I find the noise on the ch throttle just a little to much.

I have therefore fell for the temptation to get a warthog throttle, should have it in a few days.
Thinking of keeping the ch throttle for ed for the time being or adding a second virpil with the constellation grip for spacesims and elite.

Expensive. But sounds like a plan.

Last edited:
DCS is quite intense, I find the CH Pro throttle really is underwhelming for that purpose (though perfect for ED). The Warthog throttle is almost like a bare minimum requirement. I already own the Warthog and CH Pro, so holding out for the VPC throttle is not so bad, but the VPC will end up at one of my gaming rig locations, and the CH+Warthog at the other, so I can still play ED and DCS at both.

The Warthog throttle, oddly, I find kind sucks for ED. Too many switches and ED doesn't allow "press and hold" assignment to as many functions as I'd like.

Z...

Last edited:
DCS is quite intense, I find the CH Pro throttle really is underwhelming for that purpose (though perfect for ED). The Warthog throttle is almost like a bare minimum requirement. I already own the Warthog and CH Pro, so holding out for the VPC throttle is not so bad, but the VPC will end up at one of my gaming rig locations, and the CH+Warthog at the other, so I can still play ED and DCS at both.

The Warthog throttle, oddly, I find kind sucks for ED. Too many switches and ED doesn't allow "press and hold" assignment to as many functions as I'd like.

Z...

Aye.
I'm sort of having a bit of hard time thinking the warthog is any good for Elite.
And similar with the virpil.

I Just think spacey arcade games prefer a flat sliding throttle with hardly any resistance so the same would probably go for the virpil throttle as well.

Other way around though..
The travel on the ch is a bit short. And I have had to calibrate even shorter at both ends just to make sure I hit 0-100, and a lot of noisy jumping around.

That's actually enough to kill you in a huey I think.
But in ed it's no problem. I mostly just go full force in there anyway, and use my inverter button to slow down.

I'm still considering another virpil delta stick for a dual stick setup as well ;)

Last edited:
Got the warthog today.
Haven't set it up yet but so far I can tell this should be brilliant for DCS and aims.
But quite terrible for ED.

I'm keeping the ch pro throttle for Elite so no loss ;)
Talk about a luxury problem.
Think I could use the warthog as a button box.
Maybe set the two throttle axis as landing gear and cargo hold :D

Aye.
I'm sort of having a bit of hard time thinking the warthog is any good for Elite.
And similar with the virpil.

I Just think spacey arcade games prefer a flat sliding throttle with hardly any resistance so the same would probably go for the virpil throttle as well.

Other way around though..
The travel on the ch is a bit short. And I have had to calibrate even shorter at both ends just to make sure I hit 0-100, and a lot of noisy jumping around.

That's actually enough to kill you in a huey I think.
But in ed it's no problem. I mostly just go full force in there anyway, and use my inverter button to slow down.

I'm still considering another virpil delta stick for a dual stick setup as well ;)

I have thought about dual sticks, but I've dropped a bomb on controllers of late, and I need to wins back. I've allowed for a VPC throttle once the analog version is out, but that's it for me for a while. Maybe a grip...

The VPC throttle with the Analog stick may work, though, really, if CH made a Pro Throttle with magnetic sensors, and kept everything else as is, I'd buy it specifically for ED. The Current CH Pro just does such a nice job. It could do with a few small adjustments, but overall... Niice.

Speaking of VPC, there are pics posted on the DCS forums, and Reddit, I believe, of a few hundred throttles ready to pack, or already boxed, ready to ship.
Z...

Last edited:
I have thought about dual sticks, but I've dropped a bomb on controllers of late, and I need to wins back. I've allowed for a VPC throttle once the analog version is out, but that's it for me for a while. Maybe a grip...

The VPC throttle with the Analog stick may work, though, really, if CH made a Pro Throttle with magnetic sensors, and kept everything else as is, I'd buy it specifically for ED. The Current CH Pro just does such a nice job. It could do with a few small adjustments, but overall... Niice.

Speaking of VPC, there are pics posted on the DCS forums, and Reddit, I believe, of a few hundred throttles ready to pack, or already boxed, ready to ship.
Z...

Yeah made me REALLY want one.

But yeah I really need to stop soon.
I must have spent almost a full grand now... o.0

And now I'm sort of getting heavier into dcs as well.
And I want the gazelle, the f18, the av-8, the a10...
And of course the extra maps...
That's Like 300 right there.

Currently buzzing around in a Huey, only got a few hours in but I think I'm doing ok.

I'm not entirely sure.
But perhaps someone has done a mod on the ch gear using the Leo Bodnar Hall effect sensor...

Should not be impossible.

Yup.
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/inde...t-sensor-conversion-and-throttle-with-bu0836/

So, my WarBRD arrived at my PO Box, at about the same time as the boarding call for my flight to SE Asia... Which is actually where I intend to use my WarBRD. FML...

Z...

Yeah made me REALLY want one.

But yeah I really need to stop soon.
I must have spent almost a full grand now... o.0

And now I'm sort of getting heavier into dcs as well.
And I want the gazelle, the f18, the av-8, the a10...
And of course the extra maps...
That's Like 300 right there.

Currently buzzing around in a Huey, only got a few hours in but I think I'm doing ok.

I'm not entirely sure.
But perhaps someone has done a mod on the ch gear using the Leo Bodnar Hall effect sensor...

Should not be impossible.

Yup.
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/inde...t-sensor-conversion-and-throttle-with-bu0836/

Wait for sales, you can usually get any module for 50% off or more - if you wait, or pre order. There was a chopper sale just on (may still be on). All choppers in DCS for about $60 - bargain!

Z...

Finally got shipment notification on my order for the t50 throttle.

If it's anything like the last shipments. This is going to be a long few weeks.
Even though I have already waited a few months.

Top Bottom