Community Event / Creation Vocals : Free Voice Controlling software

I'm using your software for a few days now and absolutely love it. It does most things I need and is a great alternative to VoiceAttack. The only problem I'm having is "holding" down a key for x seconds. For example when I want to select my left panel (navigation etc) I say "panels, left" which triggers "Hold Shift for 5 seconds, press A" in VoiceAttack. Did you not implement that feature yet or am I just too stupid to make it work?

I'm using your software for a few days now and absolutely love it. It does most things I need and is a great alternative to VoiceAttack. The only problem I'm having is "holding" down a key for x seconds. For example when I want to select my left panel (navigation etc) I say "panels, left" which triggers "Hold Shift for 5 seconds, press A" in VoiceAttack. Did you not implement that feature yet or am I just too stupid to make it work?

Don't worry, you are not "just too stupid". It's coming pretty soon ;)

Last edited:
Very nice. I approve of this delicious hack!

Being a bit ... cheap, I skipped voice attack, but finding this I thought "Hey, I'll try that!" and I'm already hooked. Only problem I had was the program triggering sometimes on far too low probabilities, but I see you posted a fix on that (at least I can't find the probability threshold settings so... binary download probably not up to date.)

Well done Cmdr Henker!

Edit: Never mind me, I found the options. I was so excited to get it running I didn't even look through the interface properly. I'm a muppet. :)

Last edited:
You, sir, are a true hero!

Wonderful piece of software. Simple yet very effective. Also very free, which is a big deal in my book! Thank you very much for making this available to us! The ED community is pretty increadible... voice attack clones, DYI head trackers... Unbelieveable.

I didn't realise just how convenient this is and how much I've come to rely on it. Take my voice commands away now, and I can barely open a cargo scoop or set my power levels... Hah!

Got this thread linked up from my twitch stream page.

CMDR OlFart

Last edited:
Nice project! I hope you keep working on this so there's an alternative to VA :) It's always good to have options!

Great skills there, I applaud you.
Now, if you're looking for another project, how about a free user configurable touch screen interface that runs of a phone/tablet ala TouchBuddy/Roccat Power Grid etc. :)

can you macro "request docking" with this? (I'm sorry, I only have Mercenary Edition, so I can't test it yet)

I'm having a slight problem. I made a command for deploying and retracting my landing gear, but the command stopped working after being used once. I tried to remake the command aswell as changing the bound key but nothing worked.

Any idea of what the problem might be?

Great program! Can you please add categories for commands? Would be much easier to navigate. And would be great to see, what program recognize, when i say something.
Thanks!

Hi - I've just been trying your neat little app out - but I can't get SHIFT+<letter> commands to be accepted.

It's not just your app, and on other VR/remote keyboards (roccat PowerGrid) I normally have to sequence the key presses (e.g Press and Hold SHIFT; pause 0.1 sec; Press <key>; pause 0.1 sec; release SHIFT)

Any thoughts on how to do this?

Many thanks!

Thank you henker for doing this. I'll have to check it out!

Apparently Voice Attack isn't much more than a config utility.

I just wish I could switch my german windows to english but no....

So this does work better with non-english Windows installs than VoiceAttack?

Having a no-supported-language Windows 7 install, I have resorted to using an alternative called "tazti", which although it is kind of expensive; very clunky and unflexible; and I-don't-know-just-how-legit-given-it-apparently-bundles-and-uses-Microsoft's-Kinect-voice-libraries, does work... most of the time.

My next version of windows definitely is going to be english. You can download any native language pack for an english version, but you can't download an english version for a localized version. At least not for the consumer "home" versions.

Very cool program, but i have problems binding the arrow keys in.

Like energy to shields ( down, left, left, up ) i cant get this command to work

Top Bottom