Community Event / Creation Vocals : Free Voice Controlling software

Having finshed my new build PC, I intend on installing this to complement my Xbox controller. I was thinking about using an old bluetooth handsfree headset to do this with. Anyone re-cycled any "phone tech"?
#gamingonabudget!

Caught your thread on reddit.. and had to come here and say thank you so much! Voice Attack may be cheap and worth it, but this being free and open source calls to many of us who have a hard time affording games and software, let alone the hardware needed to run em. Every little bit counts. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Just one question, and I'm kinda doubting it.. but hey, who knows. Is it possible for the key listed to trigger a macroable keyboard press? I'm got a docking request macro bound to my numpad 9 key, and tried to bind that to "request docking permission" but it only sends the 9. I'm doubting it since it uses razor synapse to remap the key, but hey. I guess I can live without that one voice command. Been having a blast setting up the commands, thanks again. Works perfectly!

*edit*
After going through and setting every command up (maybe 15 minutes) I noticed that a few keys don't register. Not sure if it's due to different language keyboard, or special gaming ones. Arrows don't work, nor do the ins, home, del, end, pgup or pgdwn. No biggie, just gotta find some more unused keys, like numpad and such. Still, works great on the ones that do register ;p

Last edited:
Caught your thread on reddit.. and had to come here and say thank you so much! Voice Attack may be cheap and worth it, but this being free and open source calls to many of us who have a hard time affording games and software, let alone the hardware needed to run em. Every little bit counts. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

Just one question, and I'm kinda doubting it.. but hey, who knows. Is it possible for the key listed to trigger a macroable keyboard press? I'm got a docking request macro bound to my numpad 9 key, and tried to bind that to "request docking permission" but it only sends the 9. I'm doubting it since it uses razor synapse to remap the key, but hey. I guess I can live without that one voice command. Been having a blast setting up the commands, thanks again. Works perfectly!

*edit*
After going through and setting every command up (maybe 15 minutes) I noticed that a few keys don't register. Not sure if it's due to different language keyboard, or special gaming ones. Arrows don't work, nor do the ins, home, del, end, pgup or pgdwn. No biggie, just gotta find some more unused keys, like numpad and such. Still, works great on the ones that do register ;p

Having same issue here, arrow keys don't register and all the other keys you mentioned.

I had an issue last night,

Set up all the controls, then realised i was running this from my usb stick (doh!)

Now the Xml files have been copied over to the same location as the exe.

It seems unable to pick up the controls, so has effectively wiped everything.

Incidentally, if you add a control then change the program the control is for, does this break the profile?

Next, me being simple, do i need the PC voice control thing running or does Vocals do that bit, and lastly does vocals launch when i launch ED Client or do i have to remember to launch both?

First of all, this is pretty great! I have set up a couple of things that I do quite often on my computer that aren't game related, and it works pretty well.

A couple of things I noticed about this program, though. First, when you hit the # next to the application you have chosen, sometimes it takes a while for the program to come back where you can use it again. That might be my machine, but I don't know. All I do know is that it goes to (Not Responding) for a little bit if I hit it.

Second thing I noticed is that when you switch profiles, it doesn't switch the application that is selected in the area just below the profile selection/creation area. It seems to me that if you are going to set up different profiles, then the app the profile is set up for should stay tied to that profile. For instance, if I make a ED profile and choose the client in the application area, then it should go ahead and be hard selected in that profile and select that even if the game isn't running when I choose that profile. It would just make it easier to use.

Third, the actions in other profiles should be able to be made where they don't work when you are in game if you don't want them to. Otherwise, what is the point of having different profiles if they all work no matter what? You should just put all the commands in one profile and not bother with multiple if it is going to work as is now. Of course, you should be able to choose that the iTunes (or your preferred music application) and ED profiles should be able to work together if you want to play music while you are playing ED if that is what you are wanting.

Just a few thoughts I had about it that might make it more useful. Either that or it does like I am saying already and I just don't have a clue about it. I've only put about 15 minutes maybe into using the program including setup time. :)

arrow keys aren't working

just let you know, the arrow keys aren't working when i trying to add actions "Up" "down" "left" "right"

Only problem I had was the program triggering sometimes on far too low probabilities, but I see you posted a fix on that (at least I can't find the probability threshold settings so... binary download probably not up to date.)

Edit: Never mind me, I found the options. I was so excited to get it running I didn't even look through the interface properly. I'm a muppet. :)

Hi OldFart, I have the same issue in ED. when i am using teamspeak with friends, commands are made accidentally and wondered how you changed the probability settings or what the fix is? I have looked everywhere on the web and cant find it! I have over a 100 commands setup including ones like request docking which some people seem to be having issues with, I am happy to share my bindings and commands, if only i can stop the annoying command being started when general talking on TS. Also i have added the word 'computer' to the start of each of the commands so it shouldn't activate?

Thanks in advance.

Eno.

Possibly Adding a Mute Function so Teamspeak Communications are unaffected by the Commands

Hi,

As a E:D player myself, I had a look at the hype Voice Attack had recently. I tested it and it was awesome, especially with E:D and a DK2 on my head. As I like to dev in my free time, I developped a free open-source clone of Voice Attack because I just wanted to have some fun. It turned out well, and I wanted to share it.

Here is the Github folder for anyone interested : https://github.com/Al-th/Vocals

Here is a link to the binary for people that don't want to bother compiling their own : https://github.com/Al-th/Vocals/blob/master/Vocals/bin/Release/Vocals.exe?raw=true

The setup is pretty much simple.

1. Follow the Windows Recognition Engine setup instructions here : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/set-speech-recognition#1TC=windows-7

2. Open Vocals

3. Create a Profile

4. Add new commands. A command is composed of a command text (for example "Activate engines", and a series of actions (for example : Key press "Z", wait 0.3 seconds, Key press "A").

Once you have set up all the commands you want to, switch the software you want to send those commands to in the main window (for elite, it's "Elite Dangerous : Client")

You are good to go, and you can activate your commands !

Edit : Added a youtube video to present Vocals. Sorry for the accent guys !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIeDKT_qRxw

Do you think you would ever add a Button to mute the Vocal so it does not pickup regular speech? I Love this its just that i cant speak to my buddies in Teamspeak without the Commands going haywire, "Engaging Boosters", "Deploying Cargo scoop", "Retracting Weapons", Especially in the middle of combat, lol. I love this it makes the game very immersive and is a Joy to use and i believe this feature will only make this better.

So i noticed that this forum has been mostly dead. is this thing still being developed? i have a couple of ideas and wants but i wasnt sure how to communicate that to the programmer or to program it myself.

So i noticed that this forum has been mostly dead. is this thing still being developed? i have a couple of ideas and wants but i wasnt sure how to communicate that to the programmer or to program it myself.

Voice attack (the paid app - which is very reasonable i might mention) is still in production. Kics - the free to use voice profile that is used with voice attack is no longer being developed as the developer has moved onto other projects but has kindly released it to the Elite Dangerous community to use. I myself use it on a Win 10 machine and thoroughly enjoy it.. in fact a couple of the commands that are in the download are ones i sugested to the developer when Kics 3 was released .. i am using Kics 4.1 now - lots of improvements and performance tweaks..

Eno.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

can you macro "request docking" with this? (I'm sorry, I only have Mercenary Edition, so I can't test it yet)

Hi Pille,

the command request docking in Kics 4.1 is already a standard command. on the verbal command it will open the left panel, navigate to the contacts menu item, move to the nearest object (usually the station) and select the request docking item, then it will close the left panel.. all in less than 1/2 a second.

hope this helps

Eno

I'm having a slight problem. I made a command for deploying and retracting my landing gear, but the command stopped working after being used once. I tried to remake the command aswell as changing the bound key but nothing worked.

Any idea of what the problem might be?

Hi there,

make sure that the command you have created is using toggle on the key binding in ED for landing gear.

Regards

Eno

Hello commanders,
I know this might be a little bit necroposting as this thread has been abandonned a few years ago, but I can't find any news about an update on this fantastic tool.
Anyone knows if henker is somewhere arround to get in touch with?

[...]
Here is the Github folder for anyone interested : https://github.com/Al-th/Vocals
Here is a link to the binary for people that don't want to bother compiling their own : https://github.com/Al-th/Vocals/blob/master/Vocals/bin/Release/Vocals.exe?raw=true
[...]

Thanks, and fly safe.

Top Bottom