Engineers Vulture Engineering Advice

Hi everyone! Hopefully this is the correct place for this kind of thing. I've got here a vulture build, on EDSY because the computer I have access too (consistenly) unfortunately can't open Coriolis.io...

Anyway, how well did I do? I don't engineer combat ships often, and I've been experimenting and enjoy the Vulture quite a bit. I was thinking Pulse Laser, since it's fast gimbal, consistent, and rarely overheats with how often I use it. I have considered a Beam/MC combo though. That, or maybe some Rail Guns!

How, and what, should I engineer? What shields should I pair with this fine ship? What weapons should I use, and how should I engineer them?

Depending on the level of engineering you can do, you can go with a dual beam laser build which is fun and lasts a long time in bounty hunting and conflict zones. With grade 5 engineering, you can do some crazy stuff with the Vulture and get a frame shift drive booster on there as well to get a good jump range for a combat ship.

Depending on the level of engineering you can do, you can go with a dual beam laser build which is fun and lasts a long time in bounty hunting and conflict zones. With grade 5 engineering, you can do some crazy stuff with the Vulture and get a frame shift drive booster on there as well to get a good jump range for a combat ship.

What would I put on the beam lasers?

I flew a vulture pre engineering, so it's out of date, but I always used a pair of big ol' pulse lasers. Ram them right up a Conda's nose, and it likely could never hit you afore it blew up... (blew, nose... Geddit?)

It'll be different now, but the Vulture's one hell of a fighter. Just learn to dock with your HUD off, because you'll often be coming home with no canopy.

It looks pretty good overall.

Usually people will put thermal/deep plating on the smallest available HRP when using HD/deep on the bulkheads.

You definitely want the super conduits experimental effect on the PD.
You get more range, slightly, with deep charge on c4 and below FSDs.
I use shielded on my combat ships.
Do the powerplant last, after you are settled on the weapons.

The life support seems like overkill.
D rated LW is probably fine unless you plan to fight without your canopy for extended periods.

2 small MRPs will get eaten fairly quickly so you might consider one larger one instead of one small, and doing thermal/deep on the small HRP you replace it with.
You'll sacrifice a little hull strength, but since the Vulture is known for losing it canopy(ie a module of sorts), that might be well spent.

Everything else looks ok but you could save some power by going with D rated LR sensors.
They're a bit lighter too.

I'd suggest overcharged frag cannons for the weapons, one corrosive and the other drag.
You can even use gimbals if you must, arguably better so with frags than other weapons due to the range limitation.

The Pacifier frag cannons are great on a Vulture, but they're Powerplay and only fixed.
Beams I'd use efficient with thermal vent.
PAs/APAs are also very popular on the Vulture.

Depending on the rest of your loadout, you might be able to run an armored powerplant.
That would be ideal, but the Vulture tends to be tight on power.

You're not using Prismatics or SCBs so you might be able to pull it off, depending what you decide on otherwise; sensors, weapons, life support etc all add up.
The G5 overcharged PP should be a last resort.
It's weak and hot.

o7

Last edited:
I presume this is a PvE build that you are building? At least it looks like it is.

If you want lasers for the vulture AND you are fully engineered, you can use efficient bursts or even efficient beams and shoot with 4 pips indefinitely. Before engineering the pulses were the way to go with vulture for lasers. I know that you said that you have issues using coriolis, but maybe you can see the builds behind the links?

https://s.orbis.zone/1a-2

The build above has more shields than the one you were building and less armor (but pretty decent anyhow if your shields happen to drop and it would be pretty hard to drop those in pve with the build above if you fly at all defensively). I has overcharged PP, but it will not overheat at all because of the thermal vent beams. If the PP sniping has been fixed it maybe pretty efficient also for a laser build.

The weapon loadouts that Bob was suggesting above maybe a lot more fun though :) (and definitely more efficient if you intend to pvp and in that case the stronger hull will also work out better for you).

If you like to go fixed, dual efficient G5 PAs can be used with G5 armoured PP with monstered.

Currently I am enjoying a mix of either frag cannons or Pacifiers with different mods... works better for PvP.

Top Bottom