Was told to post suggestions here by support so I do

I can't believe nobody has yet posted this: scanning the nav beacon will instantly give you all the commodity data for all the stations in the system, permanently. Meaning at any time, no matter how far away you are, you can open the system map and use the commodity filter to see the prices for each item at each location - exactly what you're asking for.
Almost. ;)
Pretty sure you get the trade data of any station you've traded with, but I don't trade so take with🧂

There must be, otherwise GalNet articles wouldn't be up to date when you're far from the Bubble. Let alone the discovery tags updating for you when someone else cashes in their Cartographics.

I dont count these as lore in any way.
They're part of the galactic database updates.

However, you missed the funkiest one: first footfall, which is quasi-instantaneous and it doent require to sell any data. You touch the ground and it just happens 😂
At least, exploration data require someone to make it back alive to a UC clerk and sell their data.

1) You can install the game wherever you want. It doesn't force itself on your windows drive. It might by default go there, but you can change it, like many games will default to C: if you don't change it.

However, you missed the funkiest one: first footfall, which is quasi-instantaneous and it doent require to sell any data. You touch the ground and it just happens 😂
At least, exploration data require someone to make it back alive to a UC clerk and sell their data.
Or flog it on a Fleet Carrier... which might be out near Beagle Point, but someone on the opposite rim of the Galaxy will still instantly have it on their map at that point :)

Also, how do we instantly see where fleet carriers have jumped to (if we've bookmarked them), similar to our friend markers? Maybe the Galaxy Map exists in hyperspace or summat...

Or flog it on a Fleet Carrier... which might be out near Beagle Point, but someone on the opposite rim of the Galaxy will still instantly have it on their map at that point :)

Also, how do we instantly see where fleet carriers have jumped to (if we've bookmarked them), similar to our friend markers? Maybe the Galaxy Map exists in hyperspace or summat...

Some things are inconsistent to make the game more fun, some things are consistent for the same reason.....all games do this!

I think somewhere (novels or the tabletop game?) it was said that FTL comms are possible, but only for relatively small amounts of data, and that they could also be more vulnerable to being picked up on by others. So anything large or sensitive needs to be couriered. Works decently enough

Top Bottom