Waypoints, bookmark categories, locking routes

A few very simple and easy-to-implement features that would make exploring and traveling long distances much easier:
  1. Waypoints. People have been suggesting this for years. There's no reason this can't be implemented this year.
  2. Bookmark categories. I'd like to be able to categorize (e.g. with colors or labels) any of my bookmarks, and then be able to selectively display bookmarks by category. I have several bookmarks for populated systems outside of the bubble, so that I can easily find these rest stops while exploring. When I'm not exploring, these bookmarks get in the way, so I'd like to hide them, but leave other bookmarks visible.
  3. Locking a route once plotted. I'd like the ability to prevent the route plotter from changing a route once made. If I have the "Apply Filter to Route" option enabled, then I can no longer change the filter in the Galaxy view, because otherwise it will change the route.

Last edited:
Waypoints. People have been suggesting this for years. There's no reason this can't be implemented this year.

By waypoints you mean manually plotted route, or points in game which you can mark something like mountain in planet you like? (I support both ideas) :)

Manually plotted route in the galaxy view. You click on a star, and the context menu will have another option "Add to route". Just like a GPS does.

A few very simple and easy-to-implement features that would make exploring and traveling long distances much easier:
  1. Waypoints. People have been suggesting this for years. There's no reason this can't be implemented this year.
  2. Bookmark categories. I'd like to be able to categorize (e.g. with colors or labels) any of my bookmarks, and then be able to selectively display bookmarks by category. I have several bookmarks for populated systems outside of the bubble, so that I can easily find these rest stops while exploring. When I'm not exploring, these bookmarks get in the way, so I'd like to hide them, but leave other bookmarks visible.
  3. Locking a route once plotted. I'd like the ability to prevent the route plotter from changing a route once made. If I have the "Apply Filter to Route" option enabled, then I can no longer change the filter in the Galaxy view, because otherwise it will change the route.
I like all of these though could I get some clarification on 3 because your wording for that is alittle confusing what to you mean prevent the router from changing. the current system doesn't really change unless you go massively off the route.?

Would be pretty cool to target something while also going back to jump after checking out a signal or something, but I have to do it manually from the galaxy map each time I lose lock of the next system.

I should add, I'd like to double filter.

So I want to route K-Stars that I've not visited before. That's two filters, currently I can do one or the other.

I might be the only one to find it useful, but still it'd be great.

I love those ideas, sadly I don't see it happening before Odyssey (or anything else really)
I secretly hope they do some rework improvements to HUD and starmap for the DLC, or at least later this year.

1. Locking a route once plotted. I'd like the ability to prevent the route plotter from changing a route once made. If I have the "Apply Filter to Route" option enabled, then I can no longer change the filter in the Galaxy view, because otherwise it will change the route.

Then you have the possibility, of course, that the route will just fail to work. One of the principals of the route plotter is that it actually plots a route where possible. If you plot a route, stop on the way to pick up some cargo from a USS, thus shortening your jump distance, the route plotter compensates for that by replotting your jumps through stars closer together when you open the galaxy map, if it can't do that it will just...fail, you will not be able to jump anywhere.

I'd love to lock the route, been doing an approximately 18kLy route over the last week, I get down to a round number, decide to take a break. When I jump back into the game and open the galaxy map, the route loads as usual but the number of jumps has increased, and I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing something wrong or if the route plotter is bugged.

I would like to add to the #3, that a plotted route is saved, so when you next login, you previously plotted route is still there, and no need to recalculate it, avoiding things encountering things like no route to target issues and other such issues...

Top Bottom