Welcome to the new forums!

I do not know if it was really a good idea to put all the forums together. Okay, it may be easier for the community manager. In addition, sooner or later you do not need so many of them anymore (it is amazing how enthusiastic some people are to rationalize their own workplace).

But with the exception of the "Welcome to the new forum!" Thread, there is definitely less happening here than in the old Planet Coaster Forum. Perhaps forums that specialize in a game or at least a game genre alone (like the old forum) are simply more interesting for many users, because they are easier to navigate and, above all, have the same interests.

This is just my personal opinion.

I think its good to have everything in one place, and the new system seems much better. But I do agree that it is a bit harder to navigate if all you are interested in is just one game. Its definitely harder to see what is new compared to the old system.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
When you’re on a page (forum) that is within a specific game then you will have that games background but if you are not (ie international threads, off topic, new posts etc....) you will see the background that you set in the Preferences.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I do not know if it was really a good idea to put all the forums together. Okay, it may be easier for the community manager. In addition, sooner or later you do not need so many of them anymore (it is amazing how enthusiastic some people are to rationalize their own workplace).

But with the exception of the "Welcome to the new forum!" Thread, there is definitely less happening here than in the old Planet Coaster Forum. Perhaps forums that specialize in a game or at least a game genre alone (like the old forum) are simply more interesting for many users, because they are easier to navigate and, above all, have the same interests.

This is just my personal opinion.
I think it's been busier the past few days actually.

Hmmm just because you put them in the same place doesn't mean there is less of it. :unsure:

Finally made it here thanks to the fast response from the help desk. Thanks so much.
From what I've seen so far it looks fantastic. It will just take a little time to get used to it.

Brett C

Frontier
Hi folks, for those having usernames with the 1 at the end, please pm me. It is likely you've an account on both forums but differing emails. As such during the merger, it caused the forum importer script to think you were two different people.

Alternatively, you can contact customer support to assist, https://support.frontier.co.uk for username assistance.

I'm actually quite okay with the new forums. It's not too fancy and maybe a bit more reduced in some aspects than the old one,but still great and very modern.;)

Well it's taken me a while to get back on here (work and shenanigans) but the new forums look great! Good to be back with everyone as well :D

(and yeah I'll need to get my username sorted sometime, the 1 isn't meant to be there xD)

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for the feedback everyone! We know some if it will take a little getting used to, new things usually do. We're already looking into some improvements such as being able to filter new posts by game rather than for everything. Currently we don't have the ability to enable custom themes in the game specific areas but it's something we are aware of.

I'm loving the new forums. I understand what you're saying about not liking all the forums being merged, Spanky, but it seems a better system to me.
I've found myself looking at the ED and JWE threads as they're just there and I can chip in if I want to without having to create another account.
And many PC players play one or both of the other games too. It makes life so much easier for those members, I'm sure.

But above all, one of the things I love the most is Frontier's attitude about inclusion and community. And merging all the forums does this perfectly. It gives us all the chance to meet and grow bonds with other amazing Frontier community members we would never have known otherwise.

And I think that after a couple of weeks, once everyone is used to the new format and layout, we won't really notice any difference anyway. :)

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I'm loving the new forums. I understand what you're saying about not liking all the forums being merged, Spanky, but it seems a better system to me.
I've found myself looking at the ED and JWE threads as they're just there and I can chip in if I want to without having to create another account.
And many PC players play one or both of the other games too. It makes life so much easier for those members, I'm sure.

But above all, one of the things I love the most is Frontier's attitude about inclusion and community. And merging all the forums does this perfectly. It gives us all the chance to meet and grow bonds with other amazing Frontier community members we would never have known otherwise.

And I think that after a couple of weeks, once everyone is used to the new format and layout, we won't really notice any difference anyway. :)
There's quite a lot of off topic forum activity to mix with the others too.

One thing I miss now that I used all the time on the old Planet Coaster forum was the "New" search filter which list listed all new discussions based on time. That function exists here too but it seems to be Forum-wide so it also includes Elite and JWE discussions. I would like to just get it for Planet Coaster. Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

One thing I miss now that I used all the time on the old Planet Coaster forum was the "New" search filter which list listed all new discussions based on time. That function exists here too but it seems to be Forum-wide so it also includes Elite and JWE discussions. I would like to just get it for Planet Coaster. Or am I missing a setting somewhere?

This, exactly.

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier

This is something we are looking into.

Top Bottom