Welcome to the new forums!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
I wish we had the option to switch to a dark background so it looked more like the ED forums. Bright white hurts my poor nocturnal eyes.

I wish we had the option to switch to a dark background so it looked more like the ED forums. Bright white hurts my poor nocturnal eyes.

You can change the style in the bottom right corner, but it appears to do nothing in my case.

In preferences you can also change the default style, but that also only seems to work for the main forum hub.
As soon as you open a specific game forum, it changes to the style of that forum, it does not stick with your preference.

@Paul_Crowther Is this intended?

You can change the style in the bottom right corner, but it appears to do nothing in my case.

In preferences you can also change the default style, but that also only seems to work for the main forum hub.
As soon as you open a specific game forum, it changes to the style of that forum, it does not stick with your preference.

I believe the style changer changes the banner on the top of the page to what game you want displayed.

I believe the style changer changes the banner on the top of the page to what game you want displayed.

In my case it does really nothing.
When I change it it sticks with Planet Coaster, but when I go to the main hub everything turns into Elite Dangerous Colours as I set in my preferences.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator

Yes, that is intended.

Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Jurassic World Evolution each have their own forum theme, which cannot be changed by setting a user preference for another theme (due to a limitation with XenForo). If a user changes their preference for a forum theme, then that forum theme will be applied to all "neutral" forums, in this case the Homepage, Frontier Developments, Frontier International and Off-Topic.

There is currently no way to change this. The team is aware of the request of many forum members to enable changing the forum theme on game-specific forums, and will get back on this matter in case anything changes regarding this matter.

Yes, that is intended.

Elite Dangerous, Planet Coaster and Jurassic World Evolution each have their own forum theme, which cannot be changed by setting a user preference for another theme (due to a limitation with XenForo). If a user changes their preference for a forum theme, then that forum theme will be applied to all "neutral" forums, in this case the Homepage, Frontier Developments, Frontier International and Off-Topic.

There is currently no way to change this. The team is aware of the request of many forum members to enable changing the forum theme on game-specific forums, and will get back on this matter in case anything changes regarding this matter.

Thanks for explaining Joël! (y)

Yes, that is intended.

Yeah thanks joel, you are always nice and helpful.😉

Yes, that is intended.

Thanks! It's not a deal breaker but it's just easier on my eyes if it can be dark.

i dislike this new forum. it looks and feels awful. and the navigation often collides with games i have no interest in.

bad decision.

is there a way to see the exact number of views for a thread when it is rolled up like this: "Views 15K"

Top Bottom