ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to the new forums!

My received warnings are also displayed when I point the mouse on my avatar and I do not see how to prevent the display.
Hi Patrick the warnings are only visible to yourself.
And my avartar that was in animated GIF format does not work.
I just saw another member with an animated GIF avatar and it was working, so you could try deleting and re-uploading. Anyway Brett C has said it is something they will work on.

Hi Patrick the warnings are only visible to yourself.

I just saw another member with an animated GIF avatar and it was working, so you could try deleting and re-uploading. Anyway Brett C has said it is something they will work on.

Excellent! Thank you for your answers.

I am happy to keep my good reputation !

:giggle:

Hi pilots! As something else - quoting strikethrough text does not work. Citation works in mobile style where strikethrough is not supported. I think this is important in quoting dialogues.

The new forum is clean and modern-looking. I like it. 😊
Not seen anything quite this "modern looking", since I was regularly playing the original Elite, back in the mid 1980s. Most bulletin boards (what passed for forums in those days), also used a dark background with light text...

Not seen anything quite this "modern looking", since I was regularly playing the original Elite, back in the mid 1980s. Most bulletin boards (what passed for forums in those days), also used a dark background with light text...

This thread looks good - bright background, black text, black bar at the top. Forget the "themes" - apply this default to all the threads and it'll go a long way to improve readability. As I said elsewhere, forums are not spaceship cockpits :p

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone! We're working to improve the login so it's not as confusing if you have a different store email than forum email. We're also grateful to you for sharing your feedback on the Elite theme and we'll be looking into that.

One feature that I relied on all of the time, and is considered standard on most features, doesn't appear to be in the new forum. I don't see any markings on threads indicating which ones have new unread messages, or a button to take you to the first unread in the thread. Marking a forum section as "read" doesn't seem to do anything, since those aren't there anyway. Is it just me?

Brett C

Frontier
One feature that I relied on all of the time, and is considered standard on most features, doesn't appear to be in the new forum. I don't see any markings on threads indicating which ones have new unread messages, or a button to take you to the first unread in the thread. Marking a forum section as "read" doesn't seem to do anything, since those aren't there anyway. Is it just me?
Clicking on the thread title should take you to the last unread post in it, so long as you've previously viewed the thread to a certain page number.

Thread marking status i think only lights up if you've participated in a thread.

Clicking on the thread title should take you to the last unread post in it, so long as you've previously viewed the thread to a certain page number.

Thread marking status i think only lights up if you've participated in a thread.

OK great, clicking the thread title should be good. I haven't seen any marking status at all yet, whether I've participated or not, but I'll keep looking.

Threads with unread posts should appear with their title in bold in the thread list. Unfortunately, that isn't particularly obvious, especially in the ED forum, with it's white on black theme. I'd much prefer a separate 'unread posts' icon.

Regarding going to the first unread post - that's the default action when clicking on the thread title.

Threads with unread posts should appear with their title in bold in the thread list. Unfortunately, that isn't particularly obvious, especially in the ED forum, with it's white on black theme. I'd much prefer a separate 'unread posts' icon.
Was just about to write the same thing. It's extremely difficult at a glance to tell which titles are in bold and which are not, so either this needs to be made more obvious or an icon needs to be added.

Regarding going to the first unread post - that's the default action when clicking on the thread title.
Was just about to write the same thing. It's extremely difficult at a glance to tell which titles are in bold and which are not, so either this needs to be made more obvious or an icon needs to be added.

They all look bold to me. Ugh. Agreed, I think the theme needs tweaking so that we can tell them apart.

EDIT: In this section of the forum, using the "Frontier" theme, I can tell them apart fairly easily. In the Elite section, they're almost identical. The difference is very subtle. Enough that I couldn't see it at all until it was pointed here, and then I started looking more closely. It's more guesswork, than informative. This is the only thing I've hated on the new forum so far. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom