General / Off-Topic What are you reading currently?

I am now reading a book, sharp objects and I recommend it to everyone, as for me this is a very interesting detective story, I know that the series was released and I even started watching, but everything is somehow not right there (

Just finished the 3 Body Problem trilogy to mild disappointment and am reading some total fluff sci-if/cold-war spy series that isn’t good enough to recall the name of (the plague of Ebook readers is the same as its boon; you can buy a book without thinking about it when you can’t sleep at 3 am, but it’s a book you bought without thinking). I have Children of Time on the shelf and I’ve enjoyed the first 1/3 but haven’t returned to it for reasons I no longer remember, possibly I didn’t bring it on vacation and it lost its’ place in line.

Currently reading the Lazarus comics and they are excellent.

I loved the first book how it basically retold the same story 3 times in increasing detail and accuracy.

Also came across an NPC in Elite just the other day called Succurso, and yes, he was a pirate :D
Angus Thermopyle and Morn Hyland are also in the game along with Nick Succurso.

I loved the first book how it basically retold the same story 3 times in increasing detail and accuracy.

Also came across an NPC in Elite just the other day called Succurso, and yes, he was a pirate :D
My wife could barely get thru the first book with the violence commited against Morn. I told her to bear with it and is one of her favorite series ever.
Well. after the Daughter, Servant, and Mistress of Empire series from Raymond Feist.

Yea, the first book in the Gap series is a hard read. I'm not convinced that it wasn't just meant to be a one-off novel originally. The thing I enjoy about the later books is how slippery the ground is for the characters as allegiances and conditions shift under foot as they're trying to survive.

My wife could barely get thru the first book with the violence commited against Morn. I told her to bear with it and is one of her favorite series ever.
Well. after the Daughter, Servant, and Mistress of Empire series from Raymond Feist.

Ah, Feist. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Magician was a classic.

David Drake's series about Captain Leary and Signals Officer Mundy plus the rest of the crew of the Princess Cecile, currently on the 10th book (The Road of Danger).

Just started buying all of Lee Child's Jack Reacher series of books. I have been reading nothing but Sci-Fi since 2013 and decided is was time for something different. I will start these after I finish the last Captain Leary book

Just finished the 3 Body Problem trilogy to mild disappointment and am reading some total fluff sci-if/cold-war spy series that isn’t good enough to recall the name of (the plague of Ebook readers is the same as its boon; you can buy a book without thinking about it when you can’t sleep at 3 am, but it’s a book you bought without thinking). I have Children of Time on the shelf and I’ve enjoyed the first 1/3 but haven’t returned to it for reasons I no longer remember, possibly I didn’t bring it on vacation and it lost its’ place in line.
Three Body Problem = The Emperors New Clothes ( rubbish ).

I love Sherlock Holmes stories, it’s one of the things I read when I was younger that aged very well for me (unlike Conan which I’d read a few short stories and thought was awesome, then read a collection a few years back and for quite a few of them thought “yikes”). Mystery is my second-favorite genre, but I keep getting put off it by poorly written stories.

I finished Bayern Agenda and fluff it still is, but I warmed up to it (sci-fi with a bit of a mystery, I wonder why). There’s a sequel, and I’ll get around to it, but meanwhile I’m correcting a mistake and reading an old recommendation - Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds. Too early to tell, but the first few pages have me hooked.

Sci-Fi can be a difficult genre to love. It attracts the worst story-tellers aside from possibly romance novels, but the few gems tend to stick with you forever. On that note, a series I loved despite itself was the Bobiverse novels. Lots of cringe, but enough of that solid founding idea that it pays off. Maybe someone already mentioned it in this thread, I don’t recall.
I also hope everyone is re-reading Dune ahead of the movie spectacle so we can all throw popcorn at the screen when it inevitably disappoints.

Just finished this:
1616727246896.png

For me, that was a great read, totally deep information.

Now reading this:

1616727344011.png

Get some history on..........

Top Bottom