Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Oh my, I can whack pirates all night long at the belt/CNB without rearm with this! I wish I can put corrosive MC on the fighter :devilish:
1649342524334.jpeg

Found a nice little system today. Small, but there was a terraformable HMC and two planets with biologicals (4 and 5 respectively). Both planets were similar, with open plains that were filled with plant life. Everything except the bacteria, which was nowhere to be seen. It's hardly worth it to scan bacteria, but if I see it I will scan it anyway.

Here are some very tall Tubus Compagibuses. Hmm. That'd be a good name for a strange band of some kind. :)
erg.jpg

A few Statum Paleas strewn about. They aren't much to look at. :p
ert.jpg

More Tubuses. Tubii? Anyway, more of them.
ghhg.jpg

I've gone back to building and engineering ships. Currently I'm working on an Imp Courier. My philosophy this time is based on Colin Chapman and the old Lotus racing cars. Not one gram wasted means a very agile ship, that will boost at more than 876 m/s. I've used f e-rated shield boosters and guardian shield reinforcements, together with lightweight beam lasers to shave the mass down, so that I can get the full effect of the enhanced performance thrusters. The shield might be too tiny, but it is only intended for when I'm "sleeping" > getting hit, and there is more room for extra guardian thingies if needed. Right now, the courier handles like a SLF. Great fun!

E-rated, not f-rated, but same same

Last edited:
I've gone back to building and engineering ships. Currently I'm working on an Imp Courier. My philosophy this time is based on Colin Chapman and the old Lotus racing cars. Not one gram wasted means a very agile ship, that will boost at more than 876 m/s. I've used f-rated shield boosters and guardian shield reinforcements, together with lightweight beam lasers to shave the mass down, so that I can get the full effect of the enhanced performance thrusters. The shield might be too tiny, but it is only intended for when I'm "sleeping" > getting hit, and there is more room for extra guardian thingies if needed. Right now, the courier handles like a SLF. Great fun!
That thing only weighs 58t empty, no wonder it's a screamer. Did you fly it yet?

Yeah I'm flying it, but I still need some final engineering of the Power Plant and Power Distributor before I jump in the mosh pit. I passed a Compromised Nav Beacon on the way, and stopped for some flight testing. This thing moves, and it is perfect for my flying style in PvP. I normally use a Vulture, and I like brawling, using frags from very short range, like clinging onto the back of larger ships. Also, I much prefer Flight Assist On, and yet I use gimballed guns. All in all it works better for me, and that's what counts, for me.

Against NPCs I like doing 180s and staying close to smaller ships, then orbit them like I orbit rocks when mining. All NPCs are alike. If you flip and brake at a pass, they get confused and turn their back towards you while turning towards you. Then just 4 pips to wep and squeeze the trigger. In an agile ship, using thrusters (!), it's "easy" to fly FAon and still get behind the enemy ship. Otherwise you can always switch to flyby for a couple of rounds, just to see if you can get a better position.

At least that's what I hope for with this build. I'm concerned that the PD is too small. I like to keep the trigger squeezed, sort of one shot kills. Now, I think it's time to go try it :alien:

Yeah I'm flying it, but I still need some final engineering of the Power Plant and Power Distributor before I jump in the mosh pit. I passed a Compromised Nav Beacon on the way, and stopped for some flight testing. This thing moves, and it is perfect for my flying style in PvP. I normally use a Vulture, and I like brawling, using frags from very short range, like clinging onto the back of larger ships. Also, I much prefer Flight Assist On, and yet I use gimballed guns. All in all it works better for me, and that's what counts, for me.

Against NPCs I like doing 180s and staying close to smaller ships, then orbit them like I orbit rocks when mining. All NPCs are alike. If you flip and brake at a pass, they get confused and turn their back towards you while turning towards you. Then just 4 pips to wep and squeeze the trigger. In an agile ship, using thrusters (!), it's "easy" to fly FAon and still get behind the enemy ship. Otherwise you can always switch to flyby for a couple of rounds, just to see if you can get a better position.

At least that's what I hope for with this build. I'm concerned that the PD is too small. I like to keep the trigger squeezed, sort of one shot kills. Now, I think it's time to go try it :alien:
I don't know if I'd want to tangle with that thing, I'd be turning and burning and you would be right above my head pecking on it.

I have always wondered about the names and regions they give stars, some are completely unpronounceable, they must get a chuckle out of it.
@Sapyx did a wonderful write-up on this some time ago when I asked a similar question. I'm not sure if it was on this thread or not. I'll look it up - pretty sure the Stellar Forge cropped up somewhere.

EDIT Found thread. Interesting stuff!

Last edited:
This game sometimes seems to be able to read your thoughts :unsure: After finishing the last engineering of the Courier, I aimed for a Haz Res about 1,600 ls away. These days I never get interdicted by NPCs, but bam! and it was an elite FDL :devilish: All went as expected. Sort of. I won, but I don't like the placement of the center hardpoint below the Courier. Half of the time it doesn't have clear line of sight, and then it doesn't fire, FDL style. Also the shield went down and I had to rely on the hull (~200 HP). However, the handling of this ship is almost as good as my racing Eagle. Nice new toy! Now if only there was a chrome paintjob...

This game sometimes seems to be able to read your thoughts :unsure:
I absolutely concur!

• "I need opinion polls". You won't find any here.
  • "I need financial projections". They're in HAB and IND buildings. Pity you can't find any.
  • "I need that third fungoid sample". Not on my watch matey.

Lastly: "I want to go to bed!" - you just discovered an untagged and unmapped ELW 435,000 LS away.

This game sometimes seems to be able to read your thoughts :unsure: After finishing the last engineering of the Courier, I aimed for a Haz Res about 1,600 ls away. These days I never get interdicted by NPCs, but bam! and it was an elite FDL :devilish: All went as expected. Sort of. I won, but I don't like the placement of the center hardpoint below the Courier. Half of the time it doesn't have clear line of sight, and then it doesn't fire, FDL style. Also the shield went down and I had to rely on the hull (~200 HP). However, the handling of this ship is almost as good as my racing Eagle. Nice new toy! Now if only there was a chrome paintjob...
You took out a Fer-de-Lance with your lil woodpecker ship? You must be a quad elite in combat.

I absolutely concur!

• "I need opinion polls". You won't find any here.
  • "I need financial projections". They're in HAB and IND buildings. Pity you can't find any.
  • "I need that third fungoid sample". Not on my watch matey.

Lastly: "I want to go to bed!" - you just discovered an untagged and unmapped ELW 435,000 LS away.
  • "I found the perfect asteroid for mining". Computer crashes. (not the game's fault, though).
  • "Time to don the Artemis suit and do some exploration", A mission that gives 5x [insert most needed engineering material] pops up at a mission giver, and I negotiate it up to 10x, after months of drought.

That's my lot for tonight but I'll leave with a poser. On a fleet carrier, the captain has a "ready room". But where's his/her CBN? Where does he sleep? And if there is ever one built, it should have a toilet - like in some planetary settlements - a kitchen and a man cave. And probably other stuff too,

I wonder of the screen in the "ready room" can get Netflix. Or the command chair console playts Prime Video...

Such things will keep me awake tonight but hey ho.

Nighters!

Back
Top Bottom