Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

LTD means you are laser mining
Not where I'm from.

Where I'm from, LTD means you're low riddin'.

1655647504538.png

Hmmm, after rail gunz, I have revisited PAs~! But I still suckz at it :cautious:

So, I'm moving 4x rails to my wreck'em conda to have a test. TTK from railz can never beat the Lazor MC combo, I just want to see how they perform on conda.

Watching a video of 8x rail conda, really hate the heats.
I love my Railaconda.
The heat is not so bad with 4 pips to weapons and alternate firing (4 upper, 4 lower), even with the toasty power consumption of all these shields.
It might not be the most efficient build in terms of TTK, but it's great fun.

I love my Railaconda.
The heat is not so bad with 4 pips to weapons and alternate firing (4 upper, 4 lower), even with the toasty power consumption of all these shields.
It might not be the most efficient build in terms of TTK, but it's great fun.
This is mine. With SLF assists, TTK is actually not bad. I like it!!
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0bVGPbIlFM

Old trusty wreck'em all Conda!
1655682790960.png

1655682877311.jpeg

The last of the big three is now in the hangar.
Congrats. Now you have a full deck ;)

For me the Anaconda was my first big ship. I hated it at first. Sold it right back. It was so slow and ponderous, I thought.

Much, much later I tried it again, and got along much better with it. For a while, it was my main ship, and I went everywhere in it and did everything with it. It was the best multi-role ship I ever had.

Eventually, when I became rich enough, I started building ships for specific tasks. Even my 2 'condas are specialized now. :p

I enjoyed the progression.

A couple of things happened to me today, I jumped in my Anaconda exploration ship to check out the engineering and make sure the fire groups worked. I went 300Ly out and found a couple of undiscovered systems, I get back to Colonia and got interdicted on my way to Jaques. No big deal, I figured they scan me and leave. Nope, he had major engineered weapons, railguns, blew me up for absolutely no reason. I have no bounty's and no cargo,

I've had 16 CTD's sense update 12, I finally figured it out, my virtual memory was set too small, found it in my windows system logs, I set it to system managed. I just played for a couple of hours and everything went fine.

Last edited:
... I get back to Colonia and got interdicted on my way to Jaques. No big deal, I figured they scan me and leave. Nope, he had major engineered weapons, railguns, blew me up for absolutely no reason. I have no bounty's and no cargo, CMDR Biscutshats.
^^ This again ^^ Thru out my almost 1 yr journey in EDH, except for some occasions i mis-clicked the session (mostly during the Dav's Hope/ Jameson log'in fest), I never flown in open. Yes, I don't do CGs, I only enjoy my own universe lol.

Open is ok, a very little chance to meet someone who'd want to shot at you is only adding some spice. Except for Shinrarta, or something else currently very popular, like a CG, or another Deciat. Venturing there in the Open is indeed asking for an interdiction, which even in a best case is already tedious, if not in a combat ship, as you have to run, and they'll surely attempt again if you run. At those cases when i forget about this (well a few days ago i've found out that Esc to main menu actually lists the mode you're playing in, but sometimes even pressing Esc is too much effort), i think about some pvp-proof ship, that's either very fast, or maybe very cold, i have no idea if those guys will have it harder to heat a silent running ship. Maybe i'll try once to engineer something like a DBS for that, not a fighter, like what if i don't want to fight, but go-to-Shinrarta-without-a-relog-ship, idk if that's viable.

Doing a CG in the Open is too much for me though. Speaking of Colonia, maybe that's because Colonia is small, even if modest, but still an amount of people in a few systems, maybe someone decided to hunt here... What i noticed in Colonia, i'm quite often interdicted by NPC pirates while i'm not having any cargo, and that's a long time since i saw those pirates in Eagles and Adders (and low ranks too). Before i've had a feeling this is happening very rarely, but here there's a lot of em.

Otherwise Solo is fine as too, i've spent a lot of time there as well. Elite got it good with a shared for every mode Universe, you ain't losing anything, except of a chance to meet another cmdr on your way, and you can return to Open at any moment.

I dunno, its a weird thing.

I played the majority of my time in solo, occasionally venturing into open. The unfortunate reality for me at least, is that the few encounters with other commanders in open have been by and large negative. That said, playing with (and against) other people in the game really opened it up for me. Finding a good squadron that matches your comfort zone skill-wise as well as ethos makes this game really take off.

A couple of things happened to me today, I jumped in my Anaconda exploration ship to check out the engineering and make sure the fire groups worked. I went 300Ly out and found a couple of undiscovered systems, I get back to Colonia and got interdicted on my way to Jaques. No big deal, I figured they scan me and leave. Nope, he had major engineered weapons, railguns, blew me up for absolutely no reason. I have no bounty's and no cargo, CMDR **********
No naming and shaming. You should edit your post before a mod notices it.

Open is ok, a very little chance to meet someone who'd want to shot at you is only adding some spice. Except for Shinrarta, or something else currently very popular, like a CG, or another Deciat. Venturing there in the Open is indeed asking for an interdiction, which even in a best case is already tedious, if not in a combat ship, as you have to run, and they'll surely attempt again if you run. At those cases when i forget about this (well a few days ago i've found out that Esc to main menu actually lists the mode you're playing in, but sometimes even pressing Esc is too much effort), i think about some pvp-proof ship, that's either very fast, or maybe very cold, i have no idea if those guys will have it harder to heat a silent running ship. Maybe i'll try once to engineer something like a DBS for that, not a fighter, like what if i don't want to fight, but go-to-Shinrarta-without-a-relog-ship, idk if that's viable.

Doing a CG in the Open is too much for me though. Speaking of Colonia, maybe that's because Colonia is small, even if modest, but still an amount of people in a few systems, maybe someone decided to hunt here... What i noticed in Colonia, i'm quite often interdicted by NPC pirates while i'm not having any cargo, and that's a long time since i saw those pirates in Eagles and Adders (and low ranks too). Before i've had a feeling this is happening very rarely, but here there's a lot of em.

Otherwise Solo is fine as too, i've spent a lot of time there as well. Elite got it good with a shared for every mode Universe, you ain't losing anything, except of a chance to meet another cmdr on your way, and you can return to Open at any moment.
I don't know what kind of ship he had, never got a chance to turn around. I had my bi-weaves on that ship but my weapons were pretty weak, it's an exploration ship. I'm sure it's a secondary account he had. I should have went solo mode.

Last edited:
No naming and shaming. You should edit your post before a mod notices it.
Why? That's pretty petty don't you think? Where does it say that? He never said a word to me, just opened up on me. What if I had been in the black for months and had tons of data? You kinda sound like you might know something about this person.

Okay, I did as you asked, is that sufficient?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom