Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I got it. I found three different piles of that and then three different plants so I got two full samples.

This is so freaking cool. But I really need a new GPU for this.
Elite Observatory is great aid/tool when it comes to exo - even if you only use it to get the minimum distance travelled for diversity.

It does a lot more than just that though - it's pretty good for general exploration too

Last edited:
I got it. I found three different piles of that and then three different plants so I got two full samples.

This is so freaking cool. But I really need a new GPU for this.
Yes, it is pretty cool. I've done a bunch of exobiology myself, and it really gives you a good reason to explore planets, and that's where you see the coolest sights (I think).

I've always enjoyed working on the surface of planets, even when it was just prospecting for minerals in the SRV. But for a long time there wasn't much else to do or see. For a short while there were "rescue downed pilots" missions where you had to go search for occupied escape pods and bring them back. I liked it because it gave me a reason to fly low and look around.

Now, exobiology does a much better job at giving me a reason to be down there. I always feel very immersed and in-tune when I'm roving a planet like that. It's one of my favorite activities.

The plant life is pretty varied, and there's a science-y vibe to it, what with all the plant types and what terrain they grow on and what star types they show up in and what sort of soil composition they like, etc. FDEV did a pretty good job with it all.

Yes, it is pretty cool. I've done a bunch of exobiology myself, and it really gives you a good reason to explore planets, and that's where you see the coolest sights (I think).

I've always enjoyed working on the surface of planets, even when it was just prospecting for minerals in the SRV. But for a long time there wasn't much else to do or see. For a short while there were "rescue downed pilots" missions where you had to go search for occupied escape pods and bring them back. I liked it because it gave me a reason to fly low and look around.

Now, exobiology does a much better job at giving me a reason to be down there. I always feel very immersed and in-tune when I'm roving a planet like that. It's one of my favorite activities.

The plant life is pretty varied, and there's a science-y vibe to it, what with all the plant types and what terrain they grow on and what star types they show up in and what sort of soil composition they like, etc. FDEV did a pretty good job with it all.
And I'm glad they didn't implement the original method of using the plant scanner - that was... unpleasant :D

By far, the biggest system I've discovered so far. One of the planets is terraformable.

big system.jpg

I may have made a error of judgement in a rather long distance trade venture I've embarked on.

Responding to someone's request for a lift to Rackham's Peak which can only be reached by Fleet Carrier,I thought, Adventure!
It's only 5500 ly so 11 jumps each way.
Then I had the bright idea of checking the market there to see if it was worth shipping anything as doing some trading with the carrier is on my ED bucket list.
Holy moly, they're paying 134,000 per ton for wine I can buy at 214 per ton. Several Cutter runs later, I have over 3600t of wine on board. I also congratulated myself for seeing Rackham's Peak is an outpost, so rebought a Python (keep selling them thinking I won't use one again) ready to bring in the megabucks with a great view above the galactic plane while I transport wine.

Then the trouble started...

Someone in the fleet carrier owners club pointed out the Rackham's Peak public holiday will be over by the time I get there. Yep, Quain is shipping over 3600t of wine to a party that will have finished, so the prices will have dropped 🤣

Then I plotted the fleet carrier route to get there, and for reasons I don't yet understand, it will be 18 jumps to make the trip!
I hope it's not more than 18 to get back.

Fortunately I have the tritium to make the round trip.

If for some reason no one wants the wine at Rackham's Peak, your all invited to the galaxies biggest p*ss up on Quains carrier come Wednesday evening when I get back. Or maybe Thursday considering I have 36(?) instead of 22 carrier jumps to do.

Back
Top Bottom