Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Got interdicted and accidentally surrendered. Decided to see what my Python could do. Erm... wha? The blighter hit me with some kind of hull damaging missile. Good job I have A rated G5 thrustypoos.

Tail deffo between legs. Hit that booster!

Lesson learnt.

Deep joy.

LOL, okay cue the minstrels!

Bravely bold Sir Robin
Rode forth from Camelot.
He was not afraid to die,
Oh brave Sir Robin.
He was not at all afraid
To be killed in nasty ways.
Brave, brave, brave, brave Sir Robin.

He was not in the least bit scared
To be mashed into a pulp.
Or to have his eyes gouged out,
And his elbows broken.
To have his kneecaps split
And his body burned away,
And his limbs all hacked and mangled
Brave Sir Robin.

His head smashed in
And his heart cut out
And his liver removed
And his bowls unplugged
And his nostrils d
And his bottom burnt off
And his split
"That's, that's enough music for now lads, there's dirty work afoot."

Brave Sir Robin ran away.
("No!")
Bravely ran away away
("I didn't!")
When danger reared its ugly head
He bravely turned his tail and fled
("No!")
Yes brave Sir Robin turned about
("I didn't!")
And gallantly he chickened out

:D just kidding w/you Tyres. Better to fly than rebuy, mate!

No worries, CMDR D! Doing a Brave Sir Robin is part of my pilot ethic :D

Yesterday, I picked up almost 600 tons of biowaste, all for delivery to just one station. Very lucrative payout: who knew there was so much profit in efleuence?

Anyway. As I dropped speed at 7 seconds I picked up another interdiction from a pirate whose nasal receptors were obviously sympathetic to er... well, you know, THAT smell.

I got away by chasing the escape vector, almost dismantling my joystick in the process. You can imagine... a hold chock-full of detritus and me in a T9 kicking myself for unengineered D thrusters.

Last edited:
No worries, CMDR D! Doing a Brave Sir Robin is part of my pilot ethic :D

Yesterday, I picked up almost 600 tons of biowaste, all for delivery to just one station. Very lucrative payout: who knew there was so much profit in efleuence?

Anyway. As I dropped speed at 7 seconds I picked up another interdiction from a pirate whose nasal receptors were obviously sympathetic to er... well, you know, THAT smell.

I got away by chasing the escape vector, almost dismantling my joystick in the process. You can imagine... a hold chock-full of detritus and me in a T9 kicking myself for unengineered D thrusters.
Maybe they were the rare sort of pirate farmers in need of the stuff.

Pirate farmers lol.

Fess up ye fertilizin', arr

I mentioned a couple days ago that the core mining racket was ticking off goals. Sure enough, another night of dedicated mining took me to Trade Elite/Double Elite.

After getting home from my son's flag football game yesterday (they lost in the rain 28-7), I decided to get Selene Jean unlocked. So I looked for pristine metallic rings, and found some not far away in a system called Zeta Octantis. Flew there in Poison Whiskey (Krait II), and probed the rings on a couple of gas giants. Found a number of hotspots, but no painite. Then I noticed that planets are listed as having more than one ring. So I flew back to planet 4 and got down in tight so I could probe the small sliver of brownish inner ring. Close, so that the probe didn't get gravitationally sucked toward the planet and went in the ring instead.

Sure enough, when this probe stuck it revealed about 20 more very small hotspots, including several painite, around the inner edge of the ring. In business now. Dropped in, and prospected around. Found a rock with a good percentage of painite. But it soon became clear that neither abrasion blasters nor seismic charges would get at the painite, which is a 'subsurface deposit'. Mining Lasers?

EDDB'd it and found a nearby station selling mining lasers and flew there. That's when I noticed a new whizbang called subsurface displacement missiles. Hmmm, that sounds like just the thing. How does it work? No matter, how hard can it be?

Flew back to planet 4 and dropped in to the hotspot, found another rock and spent a couple of minutes wasting drill-bangrockets until I worked it out and 15 minutes later had my ten painite. These things are neat. Good one FDev.

Flew to a nearby tech trader, sold the mining stuff, bought a class 5 GFSDB to make it less painful and flew to Kuk. In another thread I advised using exploration data to increase engineer rep to save mats. I unlocked Selene Jean, then went to cartographics and sold 400k of the 1 million in data I had on me. That took me to access level 3.5 and then I G5 lightweight/deep plated the Krait's armor which took me to access grade 5.

I pinned lightweight and flew back home to Dvorsi to do the FDL. But the lightweight blueprint didn't show in the remote workshop. Clearly a bug as it is certainly pinned. So I had to fly the FDL all the way to Kuk. I would have needed to do Deep Plate eventually anyway, so whatever. Did G 4.39 since I only had a couple military composites, and added deep plate and heavy duty'd the HRPs. This netted me a whole +2 m/s! But it's a little faster, and has better integrity and resistances. So a win-win.

Then I flew the FDL to my hunting ground in Exioce and raised combat rank another 4%. And so it goes.

Now, only combat rank remains. That will be true for a while :)

I had a really good haul of Void Opals yesterday after a 2 hour session that netted me 202 million credits and put me at Trade Elite, so now I have access to Jameson Memorial.:)

I'm gonna keep banking those credits, then I will get my Corvette and A rate everything I can. Then it is off to get it engineered. Although I think I will need to go unlock that Guardian FSD booster so that I can at least have some decent jump range for it too.

Found a planet with volanism and, apparengly, geysers (not geezers). Are these something you can see and, if so, is there a method of finding them?

Yes! :)

If you have a DSS fitted, get yourself about 0.15 ls away from the planet (or as close as you need to be until the surface scanner says it is “In Range”) and then map the planet by bombarding it with probes.

When mapped, the top right hand message pane will show “X Notable Geological Features”, and you will then find the Nav panel populated with Geological Feature locations. Select one of them, and it will show up on your HUD on the planet surface.

Now just fly down and land at it as usual :)

I would try and avoid sites that are in darkness to start with, just to make it easier to see them.

Edit: I should add, this only works if it is a landable planet... Many HMC atmospheric planets have volcanism, but obviously we csn’t land on them... yet ;)

Landing in the dark can be “entertaining” ;) (even with Night Vision on!)

The geo features will have deposits which can be shot at to harvest them; you’ll get a ton of G4 / G5 materials out of them. Needle Crystals have the G5 stuff. I have more Antinomy, Arsenic, Polonium, Selenium, etc than I know what to do with after 12 months of visiting geo sites :D

Which is why I flog my explo data in Avik - they give me the permit, sits there in the mission board after the three rep change messages in the comms panel.

On topic - I clear save too often, sad innit?
I took the Sidey as I lost my python yesterday as punishment for losing it in a stupid way. Im not sharing how stupid I was. 🙂

I took the Sidey as I lost my python yesterday as punishment for losing it in a stupid way. Im not sharing how stupid I was. 🙂

Ettiquette Breach Detected

You must complete your obligation to share stupid actions within 24 hours. It is against the rules to drop such a bomb and not follow through. After 24 hours you will be considered in Violation and appropriate forces will be dispatched.

Just been back to the Guardian sites to start filling the sticker book.

Guardian finished, started scanning Thargoid Interceptors.

Can't find Hydras anywhere!
Dropped into 5 threat 9 NHSSs, 4 scouts in every one. :(

Ettiquette Breach Detected

You must complete your obligation to share stupid actions within 24 hours. It is against the rules to drop such a bomb and not follow through. After 24 hours you will be considered in Violation and appropriate forces will be dispatched.
All right you win. I forgot the limpets and the packhounds I was in such a rush to start pirating and I got killed by a wing of four elite vultures.
What a maroon I am.

Recall the Violation Enforcement Squadron

Haha, thanks mate. Elite Vulture NPCs are no joke. They always seem to have rails and can spin on a dime. Four of them is a bit of a pickle. No shame in that :)

Top Bottom