Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

It's interesting about the PP. It outputs 50.4mj but, with stuff deployed, I only use 34.11mj. And, if I D rated the PD, I could gain 5lys in jump range. A couple of experiments for the future then! Anyway, my bridge looks a little lonely so I might pop into the crew lounge.

Don't D-rate it. Instead get the next smaller A class, it'll have better heat efficiency. Most of my ships are built that way, with a smaller PP, which I often overcharge a bit too. Works well.

It's like when I discovered how much better long-range or focused is than efficient. I still have a bunch of those old efficient ones laying around, though. Maybe I'll find a use for them. Nah. I should sell 'em.

Yeah - I dropped in to the Sag Eye CG with a neglected commander in an armed Python trader and wondered why the pirate scum that interdicted me were taking so long to go boom. Yes the beams are still efficient - need to fix that. :oops:

P.S. I wonder, does anyone actually fit a size 7 power plant in their Python?

o7 and greetings, commanders!

Just returning to the galaxy after an 8-month break. I logged off just after the big beta last October/November and somehow never logged back in. After a while, the salt storm became too depressing to deal with and I stopped checking the forums, too. Now, as often seems to be the way, I'm feeling the call of the black and will be back in the pilot's seat sometime this week.

Seems like much new stuff to learn/re-learn - even the forums have changed! But good to see so many of my favourite commanders still active in this thread (although I'm finding Chris Simon's new avatar disturbing!!)

As of right now, I can't remember where I parked the trusty AspX - a small moon somewhere west of Colonia, I think.

I'm sure I'll have questions

It's like when I discovered how much better long-range or focused is than efficient. I still have a bunch of those old efficient ones laying around, though. Maybe I'll find a use for them. Nah. I should sell 'em.
You need to get close with efficient beams, but I still find them efficient. On my new Corvette though, with the Dweller finally unlocked, and only using the two huge slots for two beams (no other hardpoints), I might have to go and try long range instead. (y)

Brb...

And away we go...I count 30.

I have no doubt in my mind this has already been done, but I'm excited anyway. Blue good.

Um. If you're in a Vette you should be trying to ram them?
Heh. :D(y)
Ramming is my favorite, combined with frags.

Just went through the mailslot at Jameson in open using my DC. Three ships were shooting at a ship parked in front of the station. Techno light show 2000. When I got into the slot I was kind of stuck while Verity said "under attack" but I couldn't see anything on my shields. To tired for combat now, but I'll have to try that again :)

The long range beams are interesting. I added a Flow Control Exp to each, and with a little pip management, which is not my strongest, they are pretty good. They also allow me to move around more, meaning that wings are easier to deal with (y)

Efficient weapons have only one good use - as turrets on non-combat ships. As a crutch for somebody who sucks at heat and power management they actually do more harm than good.

Top Bottom