Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I've set myself a new goal: get 20bnCR in the bank. Not sure how long it will take though! :D
Yes that's the sort of figure I'm hoping for as well. Now the Exobiology rank progress bars are on the move once more though, I wonder if it means they'll be nerfing the rewards before long? If so, better get saladising and fill yer boots with as much as you can get while it lasts. :geek:

Woo hoo! Been having rotten luck all morning until now.

ELW-7.jpg

They've never gotten the ring rendering right. You can dock, change ships and the rings and hotspots you saw 30 seconds ago in one ship vanish in the ship you just got into, or go rainbow colored, or whatever.

It's a very annoying glitch I really wish they'd fix.
The hotspots seem to be "bound" to the DSS. Without it, I don't see any hotspot, even though I was there to scan the rings with another ship mere minutes ago. But when I show up in a ship equipped with a DSS, those rings I scanned weeks ago, all the sudden have their hotspots back.
And the rings seem to look the same in the Elusive Imp as they did when I first saw them from the cockpit of the Stargazer...
But maybe that is an Oddyssey issue.

Make war on love.
Usually, it is the other way round...

The hotspots seem to be "bound" to the DSS. Without it, I don't see any hotspot, even though I was there to scan the rings with another ship mere minutes ago. But when I show up in a ship equipped with a DSS, those rings I scanned weeks ago, all the sudden have their hotspots back.

Yes you do need to actually have a DSS fitted to see the hotspots, even if you have previously scanned the ring.

Finally after what seemed like a lifetime of grinding!

Introducing Valley Forge :)
No prizes for guessing the 1970's scifi film.

1675450180530-png.344176
I really like the paint job.

The hotspots seem to be "bound" to the DSS. Without it, I don't see any hotspot
That's correct. Without a surface scanner, you'll not see them.

But even when I get out of my Krait Phatom that has one and can see them, and get into my Anaconda that also has one, suddenly they vanish. I can see the menu items for the hot spots, but not the hotspots themselves.

It's just this games awful rendering. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Robigo Mine runs are a classic example of how bad the ring rendering is. When you get back from the run, you basically have a 33/33/33 chance of seeing the rings around the planet that Robigo Mines is orbiting. You either see them normally, not at all, or rainbow colored. It can change each run you make.

Top Bottom