Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I have heard rumours about that. Maybe @Alec Turner knows more about that...
Actually I don't think I've ever put myself into orbit via a geyser. The Buur's have done it to me using force shell yeeting, I've done it by simply bouncing the SRV very fast and very high, and I've done it by wandering around near the intersection of two colliding worlds ..

GNiDS0w.png

.. but strangely enough not geysers. One for the todo list I suppose!

... I believe they had issues after going through the slot.
Can't imagine why! :D

But, now I think about it, this raises really interesting questions.

Can you request docking permission from an SRV? Do the slot cannons see you as hostile? Do the landing pads acknowledge an SRV as "landed"?

I'd imagine some intrepid Buckyball racers would have no trouble at all getting to a landing pad.

Can you request docking permission from an SRV? Do the slot cannons see you as hostile? Do the landing pads acknowledge an SRV as "landed"?

I'd imagine some intrepid Buckyball racers would have no trouble at all getting to a landing pad.
I have no real recollection of the docking permission issues though I don’t think they docked, I do recall that amongst the troubles is that the SRV has no rotational correction so the inside of the station is moving quite a bit relative to it.

I've seen a screenshot of an SRV in front of the station's lifts (elevators) to the hangars, how is that possible?
Sounds like Ghost Giraffe's work. He tries all sorts of things. Things like pushing the ship kit part of a ship through a station window so someone inside can step on to it, then lift them out and carry them somewhere else. Or fly through part of a wall that doesn't have a hitbox at a planet port, then fly underneath the city and up through the buildings from underneath.

Sounds like Ghost Giraffe's work. He tries all sorts of things. Things like pushing the ship kit part of a ship through a station window so someone inside can step on to it, then lift them out and carry them somewhere else. Or fly through part of a wall that doesn't have a hitbox at a planet port, then fly underneath the city and up through the buildings from underneath.
Okay, that was a possibility I hadn't thought of. There are always these inquiring minds that look at the boundaries of the games and wonder what may lie behind. And if there is a way to take a look behind the curtain.

The SRV's don't have collision code for the space station, they just pass through building and structures so I imagine no you can't "land," and it appears you can't accelerate to match the station rotation and use centripetal force to drive around the inside surface so that's probably a big no all around.

Top Bottom