Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

989790.jpg

After a few days finding enough Titan Drive Components to have put me into the top 10% of the CG (and managing to slow my Orca down enough to not destroy 3 of them) I decided to unlock the size 4 Corrosion Resistant Cargo Rack after all Meta Alloys just involved taking them off the ignore list and everything else was straightforward.

Neofabrics unfortunately needed me to either do a mission, yuck, or keep inflating the buy price on my carrier. I decided to do a Conflict Zone mission (for 56 ships) and along the way started to test something out For Science*. The mission went quite well after I had remembered how to fly, fight and Brave Sir Robin in a CZ and the numbers were reached at an accelerating pace hopping between a Low and Medium intensity zone with the occasional visit to the station to replace lots of hull. All good fun.

Today I need to get back to the carrier load all the tasty cargo onto a suitable ship and visit a broker for the unlock.

*There is a bug report about NPC crew not being able to hit the target as much as they used to and a claim that newly hired and ranked up crew being unaffected or at least less affected. There is also a forum legend that SLF pilots do better if you equip the fighter glimpsed in the background of their mugshots.
The experiment is to start and rank up a new pilot with the fighter I use in the background of the their picture. Obviously it is too soon for results but there is one thing that has come out from this, the pilots voice and responses are more obviously different than I was expecting after years of keeping just the one pilot.

Assuming that I can get used to the new pilots voice and that they at least equal the veteran I will probably keep the new one as this time I have followed the recommendation to start with one from the lowest rank.

After a few days finding enough Titan Drive Components to have put me into the top 10% of the CG (and managing to slow my Orca down enough to not destroy 3 of them) I decided to unlock the size 4 Corrosion Resistant Cargo Rack after all Meta Alloys just involved taking them off the ignore list and everything else was straightforward.

Neofabrics unfortunately needed me to either do a mission, yuck, or keep inflating the buy price on my carrier. I decided to do a Conflict Zone mission (for 56 ships) and along the way started to test something out For Science*. The mission went quite well after I had remembered how to fly, fight and Brave Sir Robin in a CZ and the numbers were reached at an accelerating pace hopping between a Low and Medium intensity zone with the occasional visit to the station to replace lots of hull. All good fun.

Today I need to get back to the carrier load all the tasty cargo onto a suitable ship and visit a broker for the unlock.

*There is a bug report about NPC crew not being able to hit the target as much as they used to and a claim that newly hired and ranked up crew being unaffected or at least less affected. There is also a forum legend that SLF pilots do better if you equip the fighter glimpsed in the background of their mugshots.
The experiment is to start and rank up a new pilot with the fighter I use in the background of the their picture. Obviously it is too soon for results but there is one thing that has come out from this, the pilots voice and responses are more obviously different than I was expecting after years of keeping just the one pilot.

Assuming that I can get used to the new pilots voice and that they at least equal the veteran I will probably keep the new one as this time I have followed the recommendation to start with one from the lowest rank.
That is an interesting theory. Keep us posted, will you?

Top Bottom