Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Looks like the bug. Just went to Palin and repinned the dirty drives. I can now select both them and clean:

8OmgyY0.jpg
You can pin one blueprint per engineer, no?
So you have the clean drives pinned from somebody else (judging by the fact that it only goes to G4)

I'm currently overloaded with stuff I want to play, not just ED. It's a good time for space gamers.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is out, and it's decent. The flight model is typical old-school arcade, no vertical or lateral thrusters. They included an auto-aim thingy that lets you pretend you can fly, though, heh. Still, it does a pretty good job at recreating the old Privateer feeling. I've only dabbled for a few hours, but there's some fun to be had there.

No Man's Sky had a big update, which is buggy as heck. Worse than ED's usual launches, no kidding. It's bad. But even so, the game has improved in remarkable ways. If it had decent flight mechanics instead of the terrible flight model it currently uses, I might not ever stop playing it. Unfortunately it's just not a game about flying.

But the exploration and survival stuff is amazingly good. The game does have its moments (I want to fly my Krait over this planet!):

And currently in ED, the Buckyball race is in progress and I have yet to even start planning!

There's too much to do, lately. Which makes me happy, hehe. I'm such an addict.

I'm currently overloaded with stuff I want to play, not just ED. It's a good time for space gamers.

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is out, and it's decent. The flight model is typical old-school arcade, no vertical or lateral thrusters. They included an auto-aim thingy that lets you pretend you can fly, though, heh. Still, it does a pretty good job at recreating the old Privateer feeling. I've only dabbled for a few hours, but there's some fun to be had there.

No Man's Sky had a big update, which is buggy as heck. Worse than ED's usual launches, no kidding. It's bad. But even so, the game has improved in remarkable ways. If it had decent flight mechanics instead of the terrible flight model it currently uses, I might not ever stop playing it. Unfortunately it's just not a game about flying.

But the exploration and survival stuff is amazingly good. The game does have its moments (I want to fly my Krait over this planet!):

View attachment 140762

And currently in ED, the Buckyball race is in progress and I have yet to even start planning!

There's too much to do, lately. Which makes me happy, hehe. I'm such an addict.
You'll need a decent pair of skates...it's fast..very fast.Very..buckyball.:D
jet boots.png

Last edited:
Finally crossed the Outer Orion-Perseus Conflux (great name for a breakfast cereal :giggle:) and tomorrow i will cross the border into The Conduit,which i always wanted to visit because it sounds so utilitarian compared with the other ,more romantic, sectors,although there do not seem to be many obvious targets for exploration.
From there i will probably push on to Newton's Vault to visit a rather splendid looking dust cloud, before making my way back.
The loss of the scarab is beginning to make itself felt,and i have resorted to mining asteroids for whatever scraps i can dislodge.This is proving to be exceedingly tedious and quite frustrating at times.Depleting five or six asteroids (good stuff,too,by old mining standards) in return for one chunk of iron is not the best way to gather,but needs must etc.
lumpy.jpg

Found this surface deposit on one of them,but my mining laser had no effect.

A bit later, i found some more floating rocks...

which was pretty strange but then...

JACKPOT !!!

I'm still mooching about to the north-west of Colonia. Finding plenty of bio sites, but mostly bark mounds. Currently in a system with multiple sites across four or five moons and my first landing turned up a new (to me) kind of pumpkin. Past experience suggests that the other sites will be the same, but we live in hope!

I've now turned due east, cutting back towards the galactic core, where rumour has it that the elusive tubeworms hide.

You guys want your own carrier?
Working on it now. My fleet currently now has,
1 sneaky low emissions phantom, for sneaky stuff.
1 long jump ASPx , mats and exploring the dark.
1 Big IMP cutter at 600T for mining and hauling, to make the crd for a Carrier.
1 small sidewinder, I call as a taxi if I need one.
The rest of the fleet will be all sidewinders, to begin with, there won't be any crd left over....

TPT Mongo corvette build has been sold for the bigger cutter load out, but will be back if I can afford it...
I wonder how much crd's I can make by December.

Top Bottom