Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Unless you are 100% positive that you have done something wrong always report things like that in beta or at the very least check the beta bug forum and add confirmation to any existing reports.

Right, good point, will do.

Late last night, I took a trip to Deciat in my Asp for some engineering on my Krait. I used the Asp as it was only four jumps and I'm scooping like a nutter these days.

Foolish really. I should have flown the Krait there. The ship transfer cost 600k.

600k.

And I paid it. Numpty. Now Moist Von Lipwig is going to blimmin well do some work to pay me back.

Right, good point, will do.

Late last night, I took a trip to Deciat in my Asp for some engineering on my Krait. I used the Asp as it was only four jumps and I'm scooping like a nutter these days.

Foolish really. I should have flown the Krait there. The ship transfer cost 600k.

600k.

And I paid it. Numpty. Now Moist Von Lipwig is going to blimmin well do some work to pay me back.

Ha! Making money?
Goldish paint job?:D

Last night, I found some water geysers on a flat plain, quite by chance. So I got out the SRV and went prospecting, and then driving around, using the geysers like a slalom course :) This was further enhanced by having recently discovered the joy of driving with "Drive Assist" off - much more fun, and more like driving a real performance vehicle!

Anyway, I had the mad notion to drive over one of the geysers that was going off, to see how much of a lift it would give me. Now, I've done this before, but it was obviously on a higher G planet, and probably with a less powerful geyser... I went up like a bat out of hell, and lost sight of the ground and horizon immediately :) I had just started to realise I was upside down, and was going about correcting that, when I looked at the altimeter... 1.80Km, and rising! I had just stabilised the SRV, when I heard the sound of a ship engine close by, which puzzled me a bit, as I am in Solo and over 8kly from "civilisation". Then I looked at the altimeter again, and saw I was at 2.75Km at this point, followed shortly by the surreal and slightly disturbing sight of "Hecla" rising up from the bottom of my view, and heading off into orbit, passing in front of me and looking quite magnificent in it's vertical thrust boost phase :D :D :D

So I was able to observe that going more than 2Km away from your ship in the SRV does indeed auto-dismiss the ship :D :D

It took me another 5 minutes to get back on the ground, and required some entertaining work with gentle thrust and RCS manoeuvering :)

Now that was fun :D

I always have drive assist off ; just couldn't get it right with it on. Just wait till you drive in the update - I swear it's much more sensitive and throwing a u-ey happens unintentionally.

I have a hauler (vibrant yellow of course) that I use to travel to a stored ship location, fly the stored ship back and then just have the much lower cost of transporting the hauler back to the origin. Hauler because of it's jump-range for very low cost ship. In the days before ship transfer everyone used a taxi to get to stored ship then flogged the taxi.

BTW - any Dev on here - WHERE IS OUR YELLOW WITH A BLACK-CHEQUERED-STRIPE HAULER REPAINT? - Been waiting years for that. ;)

I have a hauler (vibrant yellow of course) that I use to travel to a stored ship location, fly the stored ship back and then just have the much lower cost of transporting the hauler back to the origin. Hauler because of it's jump-range for very low cost ship. In the days before ship transfer everyone used a taxi to get to stored ship then flogged the taxi.

BTW - any Dev on here - WHERE IS OUR YELLOW WITH A BLACK-CHEQUERED-STRIPE HAULER REPAINT? - Been waiting years for that. ;)

All my ships are in one place. I may need to rethink my strategy.

I have one of those! This pic is from 2 years ago. Before ship names were a thing!

OqvbHlB.jpg

Hooo Weeee! At just over 46mil for the frame it might be a little bit before one of those is in my fleet. Can't imagine the cost of a fully A-rated ride. Nice ship...

Hooo Weeee! At just over 46mil for the frame it might be a little bit before one of those is in my fleet. Can't imagine the cost of a fully A-rated ride. Nice ship...

Cheers!

To be fair, it's probably not a post for the newcomers forum but, well, it's Arnie and he goes where he likes. And he'll be back.

Cheers!

To be fair, it's probably not a post for the newcomers forum but, well, it's Arnie and he goes where he likes. And he'll be back.

Oh no... post away. It gives us noobs hope and dreams of greater things. I'm just finishing up my Cobra upgrades so I can start on the next adventure and credit accumulation for the next ship. That T6 will be mine and hopefully very soon!!!

You do what!!?? No way! How.... words fail me! Seriously, I just can't imagine doing that! /faints clean away

I quote:

Spock: If I told you to jump off the bridge of the Enterprise, would you do it?

Sheldon: No. If I got on the bridge of the Enterprise, I would never, ever leave.

Spock: Trust me, it gets old after a while. You must right your wrong, Sheldon.

live long and prosper [alien]

You do what!!?? No way! How.... words fail me! Seriously, I just can't imagine doing that! /faints clean away

Heheh. Yeah. The longest time I've played one commander was a little over a year, but usually I cut it much shorter. Once I have the engineers and the Cutter unlocked and I've reached Elite in exploration (and usually trading due to missions), I'm usually left fumbling around. Sometimes I do a bit of PvP for fun to lose some credits, go onto a long exploration trip or adopt a system and do some BGS work, but in the end, I get bored and simply start over. :)

Heheh. Yeah. The longest time I've played one commander was a little over a year, but usually I cut it much shorter. Once I have the engineers and the Cutter unlocked and I've reached Elite in exploration (and usually trading due to missions), I'm usually left fumbling around. Sometimes I do a bit of PvP for fun to lose some credits, go onto a long exploration trip or adopt a system and do some BGS work, but in the end, I get bored and simply start over. :)

I suppose I might consider it when I get to triple Elite but that is probably years away seeing as I don't do many missions.

Back
Top Bottom