Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

At a price of 101.000 Cr for the controller, plus 100 Cr. for each refuel, which adds 50% to the lifetime of a limpet :devilish:. Or you can synthesize the fuel for 2 Iron and Nickel instead.
Or how about an onboard refuelling carousel.Each limpet weighs a ton,costs 50,000 cr and has a personality chip, an unique manoeuvre, and probably,over time, a union..The spice must flow, after all, but thats no reason the process shouldn't be entertaining.

A Cutter takes approx 2 hours to fill up it's hold and 30 minutes to travel, sell and return. That's for 522T. Assuming that the Anaconda, has the same 4 lasers and 12 limpets, it would take 330/522 times as long to mine the 330T, which is 1.26 hrs to fill up and 1.76 hrs for the return trip. That's 187 T/hr compared with the Cutter's 209 T/hr. The Cutter therefore has a 12% advantage for it's mining rate. You have to compare that with the reduction in selling price between 522 and 330 tons.

The limpets are the main controlling factor for mining speed, so if the Anaconda has only 10 limpets, it's overall rate would give it a further approx 7% disadvantage against the Cutter.

I did a long-term test of a Cutter against a Python over 43 hours of mining, which showed that the Cutter has approximately a 20% advantage over the Python in terms of overall earnings rate.
This is not true. It also has better cargo hatch placement, which means that you can generally get away with fewer limpet controllers. The bridge of the Cutter is also better located for controlling your distance to the asteroid and fragment stream management. I made a quick reference for this some time back:
View attachment 174847
Green dots are the cargo hatches, red dots are the bridges. The cargo hatch on the Anaconda is almost twice as far back as those on the Python and Cutter.

Add to that that, unlike the Python, the Anaconda also suffers from the same drawback as the Cutter of not being able to land on medium pads.

Not contesting any of those.

But i mined 6 bn in a Krait/Clipper (deep core VOs) 15 billions in a Cutter (painite mostly) and 21 billions in a Conda (mostly laser LTD)
Post January patch, i found Conda to work better. 🤷‍♂️

Did a MacGyver repair on my VR headset, and it's just as awesome flying spaceships as it has ever been. I've missed the Vulture in open, but it is not as good on paper as the FDL I have, so I went and bought a load of rapid fire shotguns for all the hardpoints instead of the hopeless rail guns. Holy smokes. Rapid fire screening shell is definitely my weapon of choice. The FDL is not quite as agile as the Vulture, but it's more than agile enough against NPCs. As always, it takes some time to get used to flying the FDL, being almost as much of a drifter as the Cutter. 5 frags is not optimal for PvP, but against less agile larger ships it's great fun. Still some engineering to do, but it might end up being better at PvP than Hindenburg, my burning hot Mamba, or even better than the Vulture. Nah... Nothing beats the Vulture.

Good to be back for a spin. :)

From Wikipedia:
Tritium (/ˈtrɪtiəm/ or /ˈtrɪʃiəm/)”
The links contain guidance to the phonetic alphabet.

Edit: In short, the i-sound is of the same type as you would find in ”history”

Great. I've been saying right all these years, at least for the UK. It's a real isotope, H3. I looked it up when it entered the game and it had to be manufactured due to its short half-life. Opportunity missed?

Decided to move to Diaguandri instead of its outskirts... and to commend myself on this wonderful cheaper ships plan, treated myself to shipping all my stored modules and ships except the Python to their new home, and selling a bunch of modules off to pay for a higher class taxi - A Diamondback Explorer called Addison Lee, although I will keep my Adder 'Uber' for when I need a cheaper run-around!

However true to my comeback roots, I set off to make the quicker jump back to Irula to pick up the mining Python without a Fuel Scoop. Is there anything more shameful than the Loop of Shame to top the Darn It I forgot to Buy something Re-dock?

Decided to move to Diaguandri instead of its outskirts... and to commend myself on this wonderful cheaper ships plan, treated myself to shipping all my stored modules and ships except the Python to their new home, and selling a bunch of modules off to pay for a higher class taxi - A Diamondback Explorer called Addison Lee, although I will keep my Adder 'Uber' for when I need a cheaper run-around!

However true to my comeback roots, I set off to make the quicker jump back to Irula to pick up the mining Python without a Fuel Scoop. Is there anything more shameful than the Loop of Shame to top the Darn It I forgot to Buy something Re-dock?

Good choice of home - I lived there for quite a while.

As for shame, I was cursing why I couldn't land. After rude hand gestures and gnashing teeth, it seemed a good idea to lower the landing gear.

As for shame, I was cursing why I couldn't land. After rude hand gestures and gnashing teeth, it seemed a good idea to lower the landing gear.

I thought there was a bug with the landing radar once. Even though I was hovering about 2 metres above a perfectly flat plain, it didn’t show my ship, or the terrain, or any of that comforting stuff that says “It’s ok to land here“. Turns out, you need to put the landing gear down for it to work 😅

Incidentally, I managed to win 1 day of the war yesterday! I thought I might have lost, due to the other faction having dominated it for 3 days, but I have managed to pull back a day with a few hours in CZ’s and running strategic data missions. I did notice yet more traffic piling in there last night though, so whether I have a defeat awaiting me later today after the gardening, I don’t know. I have a feeling I know which group are supporting this type of non-player faction, so it might not be coincidence that the traffic is appearing after all.

Still, it’s good fun! If anyone is at a loose end and wants to attempt making a gain for the Empire in a far-off location, PM me for the system and faction :)

Good choice of home - I lived there for quite a while.
Also a great base of operations for when you need to farm encoded materials due to the data trader at Ray Gateway and the proximity to Jameson’s crash site.

I’d really like to see material traders on carriers though. Any carrier parking a material trader above Jameson’s crash site would be rich on data quite fast ...

Add hitting and destroying a ship while speeding in so that you end up rebuying in a detention centre a long way from where you were.

See a quick loop to show off your ship handling wasn’t that bad now was it.

Not sure what I'm up to yet. I restarted yesterday just so I could have a different commander name (with a capital letter doh), but I feel a bit more aimless than the first time around. I'm not a great fan of capitalism or imperialism, so I headed to Alliance space for the time being, do a little peanut trading until I figure out what is next.

Actually another shameful incident just occurred. Only just realised in time...

"Why is that star getting so close? WHAT!? YOU REMOVED THE SCA!!??"

ct70GGR.jpg

Top Bottom