Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

What did I do today? I took on my first Cyclops.
It...uh...didn't go well. :ROFLMAO:

I'd installed four Gauss Cannons and the remote-release flak launcher.
I'd forgotten the xeno scanner and the shutdown field neutralizer.

Now on the PLUS side, I got the thing to express the heart on my second hit. The MINUS was that, of course, two hits involved six shots. ;) And I totally forgot the Thargon swarm.
They...er...reminded me of their presence. Quite insistently, I might add.

Now - for whatever reason, the Cyclops did not shut me down; nor did it or the swarm destroy me - I chose the better part of valour, tucked my weapons up (and my tail between my legs) and ran like hell. Got out of there with 46% hull remaining.

Hokaaaaay - so Round One to the Hypercaffienated Space Crickets. I don't think I'll be matching Katie's record any time soon.
It was fun though! 😁

Phew... feels a tad warm in here...

pJl0BLr.jpg
Is it just me or does that Phantom look like a Space Invader?
😁

So, nipped back to the bubble to pick some gear up, quick cuppa with Broo, then back to Onoros.
Back in the AX Conda, jumped into a Cyclops NHSS, HAVE IT!
Went to deploy weapons, nothing...
What the?
Thargoid sneezed, and, rebuy screen.

Still in the 'Tijuana Taxi II' wasn't I.
Tissue paper Jumpaconda. :ROFLMAO: ✊

Last edited:
Is it just me or does that Phantom look like a Space Invader?
😁

Hadn't noticed before but, yes! From that angle it really does! Never did like that game though. Remember one lad who played for hours on just 10p.

So, nipped back to the bubble to pick some gear up, quick cuppa with Brook, then back to Onoros.
What the?

Ahhhh. The old "oops, wrong boat" scenario! I can certainly identify with that!

So, nipped back to the bubble to pick some gear up, quick cuppa with Brook, then back to Onoros.
What the?

Nearly the same for me - after outfitting the Gausses, I took Xeno's Paradox out to test them. It took me a while to start wondering why my shields weren't raising.
Slunk back to the Carrier, took a bunch of stuff off the Chieftain (including the shields) and THEN went out to test.

So normally speaking I leave the Thargoids alone. Sort of. I kind of feel a bit sorry for them. We identify the species, their space, their territorial nature, their cool stuff (meta alloys) then leave them alone right? Wait, did you say cool stuff? Let's take it! Then we get all upset when they attack. Kind of a shame you can't be on their side really.

Howdy all o7

It's been a while. Haven't played much recently, but then I built myself a new rig, allowing me to crank all graphics settings to 11. It's like having ver. 2.0 of the game :) First thing to do ofcurz was to go and bump into the exclusion zone of Jacksons Lighthouse in a cold ship, and then just sit and gaze at the very bright neutron star a few hundred kilometers away. Highly recommended. Just remember to approach the star slowly, and at a ~90 deg angle towards the jets, and you won't have a scratch.

HighResScreenShot_2020-10-16_13-58-40 (2).jpg

Trying to fight Cyclops. Struggling.
A need to shoot the thingy with the wotsit launcher (flips frantically through manual while ship melts).
Swarm, shoot the flak launcher at the swarm.
Can't hit the little beggers

Might have to change the AX Conda name to 'Will Robinson'.
'Danger! Warning! Overheat! Hull integrity! Canopy! Klaxons, flashing lights and diverse alarums! :ROFLMAO:

Trying to fight Cyclops. Struggling.
A need to shoot the thingy with the wotsit launcher (flips frantically through manual while ship melts).
Swarm, shoot the flak launcher at the swarm.
Can't hit the little beggers

Might have to change the AX Conda name to 'Will Robinson'.
'Danger! Warning! Overheat! Hull integrity! Canopy! Klaxons, flashing lights and diverse alarums! :ROFLMAO:

Rude Mechanicals exuant, Stage Left. ;)

Rude Mechanicals exuant, Stage Left. ;)
...pursued by an angry flower. :D

OOOoooh .. some culture,

The Winter's Tale Act III Sc 3:... Antigonus - Exit, pursued by a bear

Here was David Tennant on Just A Minute about this:

Interesting coincidence, last night I was watching the BluRay of Royal Ballet's "The Winters Tale" .

OK back to the HOTAS...

Trying to get my IRL friends back into the game by participating in this week's CG. Problem is, they've had the game for years, and barely have any engineering. Took them out to the guardian sites for some decent weapons. I'm hoping maybe I can get them to tag along for one thargoid kill, enough to get on the board for the CG. Having access to guardian FSD boosters would make their life easier.

Admittedly, before last night, I didn't know much about fighting goids, aside from 'they're the only actual challenge that isn't another player, and will totally kill you.'

Some folks from The HAND were nice enough to let me wing up, and do some bug hunting with them. They know all the ins and outs of AX combat, one of the few things I have very little experience in. They pretty much carried me through a Medusa kill, as I flailed around. I almost died, but it was a good time anyway. I had a better grasp of what to do against the Basilisk, and did much better.

Always had a lotta respect for the diehard AX folks, even more so after last night. They're no strangers to the grind, and so much more capable than the average bounty hunter.

Top Bottom