Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

One hour to go until Phase 2.

Conflict zones look intense.

But they're giving us a Cobra and 300k (added to whatever we have now).

I may try out the CZ, or I may go planet spelunking instead. If I can find a DSS I might have fun looking for new stuffs.
We get a Cobra? Nice. I thought they were only offering a Sidewinder. I updated via the launcher yesterday but I haven't jumped in yet.

I also watched some of Exigeous's initial live stream and he pointed out that he likes to switch his keys one step to the right so his index finger rests on the 'F'. I tried this for Elite and Hunt Showdown and it does feel more natural to me. Plus it can be awkward trying to find the tab to CTRL keys with your little finger sometimes. Not to mention that accidentally hitting caps lock might produce a weird result in some games anyway.

After spending the last couple weeks just exploring the Alpha of Odyssey, I decided to get back to the main game for a while and start a new project.

It was great to get back to my carrier and all my ships. In the Alpha I'm poor!

Here's a shot of my Dolphin in the carrier's hangar. I don't know why, I just felt like flying it. :)

Screenshot_1123.jpg

Been ambling along to the Sadr Dark Cloud and finally made it. Spent quite some time collecting mats on this moon. Low G, loads of fun.
Screenshot_0020.jpg

Screenshot_0021.jpg

Finally made it back to Sadr base and off-loaded my UC data. I've made it to Elite in Exploration! Yeah!
EliteExplorer.jpg

Time for a Guiness.

Attachments

• EliteExplorer.jpg
    EliteExplorer.jpg
    870.4 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_0018.jpg
    Screenshot_0018.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_0020.jpg
    Screenshot_0020.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 41
Finally made it back to Sadr base and off-loaded my UC data. I've made it to Elite in Exploration! Yeah!
Time for a Guiness.
Congratulations, commander! That was my first (and to date, only 😅 ) Elite achievement too.

I’m in your vicinity, actually; I am doing some survey work on HIP catalogue stars, and Sadr Logistics is my “home” when I need to go and report in. It’s a nice location :)

I've mostly been getting my newbie, solo-playing butt killed in Hunt: Showdown this week. Last time I was sniped by a guy with a silenced rifle. I didn't even hear the shot as I was reloading my new character's twin revolvers for about 15 minutes while concentrating on the zombies ahead of me.
After spending the last couple weeks just exploring the Alpha of Odyssey, I decided to get back to the main game for a while and start a new project.

It was great to get back to my carrier and all my ships. In the Alpha I'm poor!

Here's a shot of my Dolphin in the carrier's hangar. I don't know why, I just felt like flying it. :)

View attachment 219002
Not really a fan of Dolphins but she's pretty.
Been ambling along to the Sadr Dark Cloud and finally made it. Spent quite some time collecting mats on this moon. Low G, loads of fun.
View attachment 219026
Are we seeing other bodies through atmosphere? I've only played one mission and I was getting shot at so I didn't explore too much.

EDIT: Sorry, that was an Odyssey question. My bad.

Congratulations, commander! That was my first (and to date, only 😅 ) Elite achievement too.

I’m in your vicinity, actually; I am doing some survey work on HIP catalogue stars, and Sadr Logistics is my “home” when I need to go and report in. It’s a nice location :)
Thank you Cmdr.
I don't think I came across any HIPs on my way here.
The Sadr Logistics outpost was a welcome change from sleeping in my chair for weeks.
I'm heading back to the bubble to engineer myself a trading ship.

3% deadly. Woohoo. /dies

Nipped into Odyssey and wondered why I couldn't plot a route despite being <20LYs away. When you've been in Dolphin that does 56LY jumps and a Phantom that does 66LYs, one get's complacent and forgets that the, at least in the alpha, the ship only has a 2A drive and will do ~3.5LYs. :eek:

And the whole loadout/equip ship interface has been updated. I'm in two minds as to whether I prefer it or the current one.

And I want the scanner thing that examines flora but I don't think that;s live yet. Could be wrong.

Last edited:
View attachment 219169
Canonn Discord currently going wild decyphering the avaiable logs. I remember dredgers from the manual for the original Elite. Which I still had a copy. The Hesparus is behind me. Perseus Dark Region KC-V C2-2 Star B Asteroid cluster 1.
First time anyuthing has ever happened in an asteroid belt too as far as I'm aware.
Can I have this dredging tech added to the front of my FC?? So I can mine tritium directly into the FC.
I was seriously thinking of a ring eating mining vessel the other day. It has too filter the good stuff out and leave the rocks behind.
That should not create an imbalance in the ring system , since the amount of available good stuff is so small..! 🤪 👍 :geek::coffee::unsure:

Wait... They have put a dredger back in the game?? Where? When did this happen??

Edit: Ah.. in . Perseus Dark Region KC-V C2-2 Star B Asteroid cluster 1 it would seem, from reading your earlier post 😅 What is the story behind it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom