Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I had my 2 CMDRs meet up today, because Cora needs Weapon Schematics and Codger has a bunch. I figured I'd try trading them.

I have 2 computers, although only my main computer is set up with a joystick. The other computer is off to the side, also, so not convenient for gaming. It's got lower specs, too, but it was my main computer before I got the new one, so it's good enough to get into the game with.

What I did was fly both CMDRs to a settlement, individually, using my main computer. Then I logged into Codger on the secondary computer, mouse and keyboard only, but that's ok for just walking a little. I was able to drop a few weapon schematics on the ground, and then pick them up with my Alt. We were in a private group. It worked fine, although it was a bit awkward.

It was kind of cool seeing 'myself' walk toward 'me'. Lol. I guess it gives new meaning to "me, myself, and I".

meetup.jpg

This is quite hard going...
Yes, it's very slow. Congrats on Competent!

I hit Deadly earlier this year. I was actually surprised by it, it's been years since I ranked up.

Deadly is the last rank before Elite. It is also the half-way point, with as many kills in front of you as behind you.

I seriously doubt I'll ever get combat Elite, but hey. Maybe in a few more years, lol.

Honestly, who would build a station this close to the rings of a planet? It's just inconsiderate. And daft. Think of the micrometeorites!

unknown.png

Anyway, I've given up trying to understand or really influence BGS - but I am now doing background checks on factions to avoid the dictators and the religious zealots. A commander has to take a stand somehow, right? 😹

I might pick a player faction to support when I get back to the bubble, but it seems a bit overkill out here in Colonia. I do want to come home one day...

(Also, I worked out that an engineered python is amazing as a high risk cargo runner. Take up to 128 tons of stuff for someone, get interdicted, submit, boost away at 395m/s, back into supercruise, arrive. Collection several millions. At least I know what this ship is for now 😹 )

Honestly, who would build a station this close to the rings of a planet? It's just inconsiderate. And daft. Think of the micrometeorites!

unknown.png

Anyway, I've given up trying to understand or really influence BGS - but I am now doing background checks on factions to avoid the dictators and the religious zealots. A commander has to take a stand somehow, right? 😹

I might pick a player faction to support when I get back to the bubble, but it seems a bit overkill out here in Colonia. I do want to come home one day...

(Also, I worked out that an engineered python is amazing as a high risk cargo runner. Take up to 128 tons of stuff for someone, get interdicted, submit, boost away at 395m/s, back into supercruise, arrive. Collection several millions. At least I know what this ship is for now 😹 )
The Python is probably the most versatile ship in the game - can land at everything other than small pad ground installations and although you will obviously get a larger potential cargo capacity with a large ship, by swapping out a bit of gear here and there the Python can do combat, cargo, passengers and mining at very effective levels. It's still my first choice do-it-all ship after 6 years. Yes even more than the Krait, before all the Krait bros start :D

As for what I'm currently doing, finishing picking up the Wonky Cat's Christmas gifts and contemplating a return to the black for my main account.

A commander has to take a stand somehow, right? 😹
Well, some do take a stand. Others just take whatever isn't nailed down. :p
Take up to 128 tons of stuff for someone,
What all are you carrying in that thing? My cargo Python carries 276 tons. And pretty much nothing else. It can't fight, but it runs away good.

Well, some do take a stand. Others just take whatever isn't nailed down. :p

What all are you carrying in that thing? My cargo Python carries 276 tons. And pretty much nothing else. It can't fight, but it runs away good.

6A shield, 5A shield cell, engineered weapons. Sometimes I assassinate the assassin, and I've cleared two CZs with this 'freighter' today 😹

Also rescue limpet controller, collectors, small scoop, and double vehicle bay. Sometimes I answer distress calls. Its nice having an all in one, but sometimes running away is mandatory.

I find 128 tons will do every high risk transport mission just fine 😸

6A shield, 5A shield cell, engineered weapons. Sometimes I assassinate the assassin, and I've cleared two CZs with this 'freighter' today 😹

Also rescue limpet controller, collectors, small scoop, and double vehicle bay. Sometimes I answer distress calls. Its nice having an all in one, but sometimes running away is mandatory.

I find 128 tons will do every high risk transport mission just fine 😸
Cool, a real all-rounder build.

Yes, it's very slow. Congrats on Competent!

I hit Deadly earlier this year. I was actually surprised by it, it's been years since I ranked up.

Deadly is the last rank before Elite. It is also the half-way point, with as many kills in front of you as behind you.

I seriously doubt I'll ever get combat Elite, but hey. Maybe in a few more years, lol.
have they changed something my rank seems to have stop altogether.killed has many scavs i find and no increase for combat.or do scavs count? ok in inara it 25% i watch that for a few days. that in a few years they might be higher

and apparently we need to stop killing anarchy system, has the anarchy populations is dwindling for player factions.

Last edited:
I had my 2 CMDRs meet up today, because Cora needs Weapon Schematics and Codger has a bunch. I figured I'd try trading them.

I have 2 computers, although only my main computer is set up with a joystick. The other computer is off to the side, also, so not convenient for gaming. It's got lower specs, too, but it was my main computer before I got the new one, so it's good enough to get into the game with.

What I did was fly both CMDRs to a settlement, individually, using my main computer. Then I logged into Codger on the secondary computer, mouse and keyboard only, but that's ok for just walking a little. I was able to drop a few weapon schematics on the ground, and then pick them up with my Alt. We were in a private group. It worked fine, although it was a bit awkward.

It was kind of cool seeing 'myself' walk toward 'me'. Lol. I guess it gives new meaning to "me, myself, and I".

View attachment 283481
What a great idea!

Something us forumites could think about - an on-foot CMDR swapshop! :D

Pity about data though... Unless you can upload something someioe needs and then they can download it. Is that possible? No idea!

What a great idea!

Something us forumites could think about - an on-foot CMDR swapshop! :D

Pity about data though... Unless you can upload something someioe needs and then they can download it. Is that possible? No idea!
Data dropped from the backpack looks like oversized tubular containers. Can be picked up.
Similar to those surfaces racks of 6 mats in tubes. that you cut open on foot.

The Python is probably the most versatile ship in the game - can land at everything other than small pad ground installations and although you will obviously get a larger potential cargo capacity with a large ship, by swapping out a bit of gear here and there the Python can do combat, cargo, passengers and mining at very effective levels. It's still my first choice do-it-all ship after 6 years. Yes even more than the Krait, before all the Krait bros start :D

Krait Bro here agrees with you, which is why I have only 1 Krait but TWO Pythons (1 attached to the FC as the ship lighter/tender and 1 permanently parked at Robigo).

I've been playing Horizons with my two teenage(ish) boys. (A good time to experiment with a new commander as FDev have been gushing out Arx, ships and credits.) Really strange to see how they think it should be played. We've experimented with 1) fun ways to die, 2) landing SRVs on ships and going for a ride, 3) SRV versus ship combat (ie shoot at Dad and see what happens), 4) SRV mountain climbing. The little ramps installed at some of the Winking Cat cache's have been much appreciated, it appears the Scarab's skid-pan handling is fun, not frustrating, if general chaos is part of the game. Also strange to note how quick they were to spend Arx (I've not spent a single one, ever), 400 Arx down on a yellow SRV paint-job and 20 Arx on a pair of sunglasses for the avatar. They've spent longer in the Commander cosmetics in two weeks than I've spent on it in two years. I'm not sure either boy is going to develop a passion for the game, they still haven't worked out what the point of it is yet. But then that's something I have trouble with too, not that that stops me playing it.

Back
Top Bottom