Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Don't f__king stare at me!!!! DIE DIE DIE
1643557961600.png

Thermal overloading thermal vent beam errr = cap hurt. :p

I've only been playing since December, and have spent most of the time travelling to BP and back, so my experience with builds is zero.
I'm blindly copying other peoples builds for my ships, and have only just started unlocking engineers. Currently working on Felicity Farseer, but struggling to get the required components due to the cargo scoop bug.

This is pretty much the build on the Vulture - I dropped a few bits to add the wake scanner.

Basic Vulture

You'd be better off equiping a Cobra MkIII with the largest FSD and Fuel scoop it can take (Size 4A), you'll still have a decent sized Cargo Rack capacity to fill with limpets with the two size 4 remaining, just replace the 4C Shield Generator for a 2A and a Collector Limpet Controller in the second 2 sized slot, you don't need to engineer it for this.

For farming Raw materials on planet you'll have to swap for a 2H Planetary Vehicle Hangar, with ships this size, you don't have the luxury of having it all fitted in the same fit.

Visit systems in state of war, different Allegiances, look for signals sources after scanning the local Navigation Beacon, you will find tons of materials this way, including Encoded, which you can find by scanning the wrecks you will find in Encoded Emissions spots when they are present, but alternatively you also can scan ships wakes leaving Distribution Centers in systems in state of Famine, using a Frame Shift Wake Scanner you can fit on your utility slots.

If I were you I'd leave the Vulture for a while and focuse on fatming meterials, the Cobra is the best tool for a player starting in this game.

For signals, one trick to look for: First make sure you chose a signal with at least 20/25 mn remaining, they have a timne limit, then once you find a good one, once you're finished farming it, log OUT to desktop, log IN again, then throttle up and go into supercruise, once in supercruise start a loop as if you wanted to come back to the same spot (which you want).

The nearest signal will show in your Navigation Panels as Unidentified, selecit it (supercruise Assist) so as not overshot it.

What you want is to pop out off Supercruise back in the same spot and farm it all over again.

You should be looking for High Grade Emissions spots first they give Grade 4/5 materials, then Encoded Emissions with more often lower Grades materials and depending on respawn, a wreck to scan, signals from those don't give twice the data so don't bother looping.

You can find those systems using EDDB just select Systems, then Allegiance for the type of materials you want, and Faction States.

I have a ASP Explorer that I used to get to BP (Got an FC back) StarFire
And setup a DBX for local missions. Will post the build tomorrow.

Perfect - Thanks for the video!
Yeah, it's easy when you know how to do it and where to find specific materials.

For the Raw materials here is a list:

PRTHI 2A - Selenium ---

HIP 36601 - C 1 a - Polonium XXX < This one is particularly hard to farm because of the terrain, for all you will need a Detail Surface Scanner.
HIP 36601 - C 1 d - Ruthenium XXX
HIP 36601 - C 3 b - Tellurium XXX
HIP 36601 - C 5 a - Technetium XXX

Outotz LS-K d8-3 - B 7 b - Ruthenium Haven't visited those 3 so I have no details apart for the location.
Outotz LS-K d8-3 - B 5 a - Yttrium
Outotz LS-K d8-3 - B 5 c - Antimony

Bhaguti system, 1st planet Technetium, and Zirconium.

Note that I was wrong about an Encoded sopt not giving twice datas, I conclused this from a couple of fails but it seems to work sometimes.

Look for High Grade first, and when you're done, apply the same trick either in the nearest station where you resuply Limpets or direct to the Nav Beacon to find new signals.

Yeah, it's easy when you know how to do it and where to find specific materials.

For the Raw materials here is a list:

PRTHI 2A - Selenium ---

HIP 36601 - C 1 a - Polonium XXX < This one is particularly hard to farm because of the terrain, for all you will need a Detail Surface Scanner.
HIP 36601 - C 1 d - Ruthenium XXX
HIP 36601 - C 3 b - Tellurium XXX
HIP 36601 - C 5 a - Technetium XXX

Outotz LS-K d8-3 - B 7 b - Ruthenium Haven't visited those 3 so I have no details apart for the location.
Outotz LS-K d8-3 - B 5 a - Yttrium
Outotz LS-K d8-3 - B 5 c - Antimony

Bhaguti system, 1st planet Technetium, and Zirconium.

Note that I was wrong about an Encoded sopt not giving twice datas, I conclused this from a couple of fails but it seems to work sometimes.

Look for High Grade first, and when you're done, apply the same trick either in the nearest station where you resuply Limpets or direct to the Nav Beacon to find new signals.

I'm not too bad on mats, it's components that i'm short of.

Going to try your method tomorrow :)

mats1.png

mats2.png

mats3.png

mats4.png

Attachments

• mats4.png
    mats4.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 50
I've been playing ED since the first of this year. I have a Hauler, Cobra Mk III, and a Type 6, decent equipment for trading. I have explored some routes. Trying to find carrier supply missions since they pay well. I'll explore more once I do the engineer grind for the improved FSD.
Welcome to the game. Collecting metalloy for Fareseer gives you a great opportunity to explore Thargoid sites in the Pleidies. You can interact with listening posts and take on their treasure hunts or check the Cannon website to see what takes your fancy.

Just took on an Elite assassination mission. I managed to killed the Corvette, but I've had my Docking Computer destroyed.
I haven't done a manual landing in ages and never in the Conda. This is going to be more nerve-racking than the fight!
Just remember to fly inside the toast rack with a feeling that it's gonna slice the top of your ship away. ;)
Docking an Annie is easy:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAHLMabs6i8

Just took on an Elite assassination mission. I managed to killed the Corvette, but I've had my Docking Computer destroyed.
I haven't done a manual landing in ages and never in the Conda. This is going to be more nerve-racking than the fight!
The Anaconda isn't tough to land, just remember than 90% of the ship is under you, like a sack. Go through high and you'll be fine.

It's not always like this, sometimes I spend 20 mn for 1 and a half million but if the targets are there, Deep Blue will eat them alive. I lost one fighter, used 2 Shield Cells. 0 Damage.

The bigest bounties are for larger ships, expert level minimum, below they do not count when you're ranked Deadly, ships were Anaconda, Python, Vultures, Federal Gunship etc.

Started (from Cession Log) at 22.15, RTB at 22.20. I get my bounties paid on my Carrier whenever possible, there is a share going to the Fleet Carrier Bank, it's all gain.

Good-Day-Work.jpg

Last edited:
Remember as you fly through the slot if you don't think you are going to take your head off as you go through you are too low.
All PIPs to engines for manoeuvrability and all PIPs to Systems so that your shields are tougher for the collisions.

Ninja'd

I have been out in the semi black adding confirmations to my Codex for this sector along the way I noticed I had a First Footfall which was nice. I then decided to find a station with a Vista and cash in data as well as get some repairs I was amazed to find that as I had drifted from system to system I was less than 70Ly from Ceos. Selling the Bio samples to Vista turned up another bonus I was first discoverer on two of the samples.

The Codex has come on well, the only items that aren't showing blue for confirmed all involve over a 1000Ly of travel some of them nearly 10,000Ly to reach a reported location which is a lot for such a trivial reason.

Last edited:
I have my shares of Jingles landing when either the docking computer was destroyed or damaged. I've managed to avoid several interdiction attempts when in Type 6 transporter. Surprised how agile that ship can be.

Back
Top Bottom