Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Gold, they say they want. OK, I'll get right on it. Get to a place that sells it and buy, buy, buy then... it's run out. Go to another platrform. Sorry, no, CMDR we've sold out. It's like trying to find sprouts on Christmas Day and I'm {expletive - self redacted} if I'm flying somewhere else with only half the required load. And having to dodge the naughty pirates.

/teeth gnash

No wonder they're paying so well :D

ETA - Interdictions seem different. Get hit with one anytime where they used to (I think) happen straight after system entry or just after the drop to 75% speed.

PS - got the gold, Got paid. Went to a geo and ended up in arsenic and antimony heaven :cool:(y)

Last edited:
ETA - Interdictions seem different. Get hit with one anytime where they used to (I think) happen straight after system entry or just after the drop to 75% speed.
I was thinking this as well. In fact, yesterday I actually SAW a pirate swing around and line up behind me. I have never in 3 years seen that. They've always just appeared suddenly behind me. I've even reported it as a bug in the past, but gave up thinking it would ever be fixed.

I sincerely hope that they are working on that part of the code. It certainly needs some TLC :)

Gold, they say they want. OK, I'll get right on it. Get to a place that sells it and buy, buy, buy then... it's run out. Go to another platrform. Sorry, no, CMDR we've sold out. It's like trying to find sprouts on Christmas Day and I'm {expletive - self redacted} if I'm flying somewhere else with only half the required load. ............

Your friend is:

That's where I went to find where to go. However, the tonnage reported isn't what was actually present.
It happens... It is useful to some extent to pay attention on "Updated" column in the results, but unfortunately there is no 100% guarantee you will find that quantity on the station. Someone may buy the whole supply just before your arrival.
If I need to buy something, I look at both "Updated" and "Quantity" columns. If the info for that station was recently updated and it has a lot of supply listed available, most probably you will get what you want.

That's where I went to find where to go. However, the tonnage reported isn't what was actually present.

The problem is that both sites get their information from players who have the right software to send them the market data etc and as that is third party not everybody uses it, and I suppose console can’t contribute at all. During trading CGs these discrepancies would get very marked as lots of commanders were after a very limited set of materials in a small volume and some would turn off the tools to try and preserve a lucrative route.

........ some would turn off the tools to try and preserve a lucrative route.

Which is considered one of the major advantages of the TCE MkII app - you keep your gleaned data in your PC. The same is now true for the new in-game market system - I'm not sure how long it keeps the market data for markets you have visited though.

I made it to Rigel yesterday, then to the Witch Head Science Station...and I really don't want to talk about the rest. Let's just say I've learned not to pause for screenshots by the mailbox scaffold. :eek::mad::cry:

Anyways, find the visuals here. Yes, Betelgeuse is BIG!

Finally managed to log back in after the change.Phew!
Been studying a bark mound 'nursery' out in Iznami. It's in the midst of one of the gas clouds,clustered on two planetary systems in the goldilocks zone, with one outlier.Stacked to the gills with geologic and biologic signs.
Keep running across one name,who has tagged a lot of stars but mainly kept moving,it seems,since s/he left me
lots of planets to tag at my leisure.It's taken quite a few hours to do a reasonable search but i'm parked up on the fringe ready to head off on the next leg and feeling pretty good.
Thanks to a little bit of injudicious hooning, i've exhausted most of my stock of limpets,but my crash-landing and recovery skills have improved considerably.(never got below 70% hull on impact),and if only i could resist the temptation to see how close to the ground i could get before pulling up, i wouldn't need them at all.:)
setpiece.jpg

LOL.
Hubris.(see previous post)
Woke up bright and fresh ready to move off.Warm up with a little canyon run and goodbye scan data,hello mr. re-buy. Seriously. Up for less than two minutes.
On the up-side,i now have two free slots ! So now i have room for a scarab and an extra afmu.
I'm going to have to start making some credits on this one. I'm down to my last 320 mill,and i have no idea how much scan data has been lost in the last 2 months,but my estimate is @500 systems + .
My progress towards gitting goodness proceeds apace. :giggle:

spec vew.jpg

Spectacular views make it all worth it.

Top Bottom