Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I think "Anodized" might be better. At least you can do color with that process. But in the end it is just the name of a paintjob, so...
It's strange the areas one visits as a result of posts in the forums.I've been browsing paint charts.My best guess,therefor would be for cobalt (colour Blue) overlaid with a thin coating of zinc white, to give it it's distinctive look.

Having a bit of a Meldrew moment right now....
Started the day 3 hours ago at 4.8Bcr , ended at 5.8Bcr. '..I..Don't Believe It...? ..'
And there is still a few more hours across this weekend before the FC patch.
Many thanks to a generous FC buying Tritium above the 200Kcr mark in quantity...:D

fctrader1.jpg

so, what color?, what type?, what services?.....so many questions. Probably need deeper pockets to make it work.:unsure::coffee:

so, what color?, what type?, what services?.....so many questions. Probably need deeper pockets to make it work

I'm sitting on about 4.9bn at the moment. I have been reading a few of the newbie threads asking what ship they should buy, they can only afford one or the other. This has made me nostalgic for the days when I was in that position. I suspect that as soon as I can afford an FC, I'm buying it. If that leaves me flat broke after, I don't care, in fact, I look forward to it. Like a new beginning. I know I can easily make enough cash to pay for the upkeep. But having to do missions or whatever to be able to afford a module again, as silly as it sounds, I would enjoy that. It would bring new life to the game by putting me in the starting position again.

I'm sitting on about 4.9bn at the moment. I have been reading a few of the newbie threads asking what ship they should buy, they can only afford one or the other. This has made me nostalgic for the days when I was in that position. I suspect that as soon as I can afford an FC, I'm buying it. If that leaves me flat broke after, I don't care, in fact, I look forward to it. Like a new beginning. I know I can easily make enough cash to pay for the upkeep. But having to do missions or whatever to be able to afford a module again, as silly as it sounds, I would enjoy that. It would bring new life to the game by putting me in the starting position again.
I kind of feel that way myself with carriers. I'm still nowhere near even having enough for a hull, but now they're in the game i can't ignore them.Maybe by the time i am in a position to buy one i will have found some other use for it than as a support vessel for the scout, but It does seem a little OTT for my needs, compared to the ways it may be put by the more enterprising members of the communty. I suppose the game already gives me everything i need already,
(with some irritants of code, perhaps, but it still gives far more than it denies, imo.); then again,perhaps i am easier to please. 🤷‍♂️
Anyway, good luck and enjoy your purchase.

I kind of feel that way myself with carriers. I'm still nowhere near even having enough for a hull, but now they're in the game i can't ignore them.Maybe by the time i am in a position to buy one i will have found some other use for it than as a support vessel for the scout, but It does seem a little OTT for my needs, compared to the ways it may be put by the more enterprising members of the communty. I suppose the game already gives me everything i need already,
(with some irritants of code, perhaps, but it still gives far more than it denies, imo.); then again,perhaps i am easier to please. 🤷‍♂️
Anyway, good luck and enjoy your purchase.

It is well OTT for my requirements. I currently have a fleet of four ships, 2 of which are explorer builds (one I never use but I can't sell it because I purchased a paint job for it, long story), one is a mission running Python, one is s dedicated mining build Python that I built to.....er...mine (hardly used). Would be handy to keep if I do get a carrier. So you see, absolutely no need for a carrier at all. The way I view it though, it is an asset in the game that I have not experienced yet. I have owned one of each ship, just because they were there. The FC is just the same. I may find that after a short while, it really adds nothing to my game. Well, I can tick it off the list, decommission it, get my 5bn back and should I then sell the mining Python, I will have probably covered my upkeep costs.

Like you, I really feel that I have found my spot in the game, with this tiny fleet, I can do all the things I like doing. Just want to to try FC's.

Like you, I really feel that I have found my spot in the game, with this tiny fleet, I can do all the things I like doing. Just want to to try FC's.
For me it was mostly boredom that moved me to get one, just to see what it was like. I have lots of ships (26?) and lots of credits so I figured why not?

It turned out to be much more fun than I expected, for me anyway. I love having the thing, despite its various shortcomings. It's changed how I play, and after 4000+ hours I needed that. Just coming in to dock on it after a long exploration or mining jaunt is still thrilling to me. I'm not entirely sure why. :)

How long before I get bored with it? No clue. At the moment I'm very much happy with it.

For me it was mostly boredom that moved me to get one, just to see what it was like. I have lots of ships (26?) and lots of credits so I figured why not?

It turned out to be much more fun than I expected, for me anyway. I love having the thing, despite its various shortcomings. It's changed how I play, and after 4000+ hours I needed that. Just coming in to dock on it after a long exploration or mining jaunt is still thrilling to me. I'm not entirely sure why. :)

How long before I get bored with it? No clue. At the moment I'm very much happy with it.

How are you finding the tritium situation thouhh.

Tritium sources seem to be abundant, although i have no idea how the yields hold up post patch, but In my weeks 'trainng' i returned from every trip with some in my hold, and i wasn't looking for it.
I might be wrong, but not every jump has to be the full 500, and with ships aboard i don't think shortage of fuel will be a problem except in the outer fringes,when you might need to put a little thought into preparation for journeys into the far black.

Went exploring in the Mamba today. I stumbled across the most valuable system I have ever personally discovered. It has 3 terraformable water worlds, and 2 terraformable HMCs. With all the first-discovered and first-mapped bonuses I got about 10 million for that one system. Cool, huh? :)

Screenshot_0634.jpg

I also landed on a nearly-featureless planet. It was kind of eerie. But there was Selenium in the Mesosiderites. I know. Sounds like a song.

Screenshot_0631.jpg

Due to heat damage (read: it was so blimmin' hot and the PC room could have been used to boil water), I was unable to enter the EDverse yesterday.

Shocking.

This situation will be rectified today with the judicious application of thermal vent and popping of a heat sink or three.

Went exploring in the Mamba today. I stumbled across the most valuable system I have ever personally discovered. It has 3 terraformable water worlds, and 2 terraformable HMCs. With all the first-discovered and first-mapped bonuses I got about 10 million for that one system...

Nice one! Best I ever did was 7.2m. I feel the need to do an exploration stint now...

I sold some UC data last night, I am a mere 50m short to get an FC. I'm going to run some missions this morning, earn the shortfall, maybe a bit more on top for ship rebuy, then buy one. I will be as skint as when I first started, though right enough, I did fly my Python without rebuy a couple of times when I first got it.

I am looking forward to the fiscal challenge of it all probably more than anything else.

I sold some UC data last night, I am a mere 50m short to get an FC. I'm going to run some missions this morning, earn the shortfall, maybe a bit more on top for ship rebuy, then buy one. I will be as skint as when I first started, though right enough, I did fly my Python without rebuy a couple of times when I first got it.

I am looking forward to the fiscal challenge of it all probably more than anything else.
Go for your challenge, have fun 👍👍. Did you look at https://cmdrs-toolbox.com/fleet-carrier-calculator
It looks to me you can have a year of fun with minimal service cost hassles if you buy in when at >7.5Bcrds
So, my thinking is 8Bcr is the trigger point. As it leaves some reserves for jumping around moving your stuff into the carrier.
You get a full functionality carrier that you can test various services with.
FCcostperyear.png

Top Bottom