Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I meant where you could scan a planet and spot geo sites instantly instead of this blue region malarky where there may or may not be a fumarole, geyser etc. Ah well - the price of progress I suppose! :D
I want this too!!! But screwing around in those crater with wave scanner is not that difficult ( DAV's have a huge one next to it), so I no longer care about those geo signals.
Screen Shot 10-05-21 at 11.30 PM 002.JPG

Edit: BTW, scanning data point at Dav have intel package $$? When I reached Naglinn to start the Imp grind, I found myself a pile of unclaimed intel package $$ for IMP & Aliance, 500k CR worth total!!!

Last edited:
I meant where you could scan a planet and spot geo sites instantly instead of this blue region malarky where there may or may not be a fumarole, geyser etc. Ah well - the price of progress I suppose! :D

I still have not tried the new post Odyssey way to look for geo sites on the planets. The old way of scanning the planet was real easy, I need to figure out what the new way entails.

I have nothing left I really need to engineer so well, maybe not now.

I still have not tried the new post Odyssey way to look for geo sites on the planets. The old way of scanning the planet was real easy, I need to figure out what the new way entails.

I have nothing left I really need to engineer so well, maybe not now.

very good summation of Exobiology here

Got 5 DDs now. 5 more to go!

They're a bit like hen's teeth...

And now my router has a red warning light on it. Apparently a sign of overheating although it feels quite cool to the touch. So, tomorrow means a factory reset and re-linking stuff. That'll be fun. Don't have the energy for it today :D

Was playing my new alt for a bit today. After finding that G3 Tormentor, I decided to try my luck at other stuffs. I wound up finding a G3 Maverick, a G3 Dominator, and a G3 Executioner, all today :) Only a G1 shotgun though...

Still, not bad for a day's work (and that includes earning the cash to buy them via R to R). Was a fun day.

Took this shot from the Apex. Pretty cool looking little moon.

Screenshot_1699.jpg

I have finally tweaked EDO to give a pragmatically "decent" fps (in VR), and I really have missed the (space) game. I have always loved my frag Vulture, but it does use ammo, so now I'm building a lightweight beam laser version. I hope it's going to as evil as it looks on paper.

Oh yeah, btw. I also consider going bad and see if I can get that notoriety up to 11. So beware out there :alien:

I have finally tweaked EDO to give a pragmatically "decent" fps (in VR), and I really have missed the (space) game. I have always loved my frag Vulture, but it does use ammo, so now I'm building a lightweight beam laser version. I hope it's going to as evil as it looks on paper.

Oh yeah, btw. I also consider going bad and see if I can get that notoriety up to 11. So beware out there :alien:
Yes, EDO brings out the villain in us all. I posted a thread over on EDO about there being no missions for us goody-two-shoes types :D

BTW, I'm bit curious, during that short uber-super-mega-what-OP PA era.... did any CMDR tried 1-shot those NPC police? I guess killing a few of those in a roll would bring you the "SWAT" team for ya to 1-shot them?? :devilish:
Normally, you only get notorious in systems where the poor sucker you killed belonged to a faction. It's like in the US. Just cross the border to another state (system) and you're all clear. If you really mess up, you can get galaxy wide notoriety, but I haven't figured out how to get one of those. Maybe shoot down one of the imp or fed ships?

Right now I'm back to notoriety level 0. I just went mining for a couple of yours, and then went to an interstellar station and payed the bounty. I need to trade some mats for my new Vulture. It's red, it's got red beams, and almost no shield, but it does those twisty turns and flips like a paper plane in a tornado. Me like! :alien:

Top Bottom