Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Don’t rely on the IF screen to tell you if you have nothing to pay off. If you are docked with a station that has the faction that issued the bounty it won’t show up. You can either log out and back into Horizons to clear it or fly to a system with IF that doesn’t have that faction in. You can then pay it off.
This is the correct answer. Also, log off and on before checking status, it sometimes doesn't update until you do.

Type-9 vs ASPS wrestling, who will win?
Screen Shot 10-13-21 at 11.22 PM 001.JPG

I fly back to my home system 265LY away in my DBX
5 minutes
fly back in my Krait Phantom to that system that may have the Mods for my clipper
less than 5 minutes, if you check in EDDB (or fly to one of the systems that sell everything)

Both the DBX and the Phantom will do >50 ly/jump, a jump takes 45 seconds (and you won't need to refuel for that short hop). Most annoying part of this is the supercruise to the station - I hope you store your ships in easily reachable stations.

Yea, i did. And just promoted to Earl. Just as the rank go up, the rep increase from those lazy data courier missions (20 per run) is not as efficient as before. So trying those sourcing mission to see how much difference it makes.

Too bad the clipper can't dock to outposts.
I've found that doing Boom Time Deliveries gives a decent Rep and you're pretty guaranteed to be interdicted which adds to your Rep and gives a decent bonus.

Drat that pilot.

At about 99% of cloning, he turned on me, caught me and started shooting. So I had to unstrap "Old Painless" (you may get the reference :D ) and put him down. Quickly. Luckily, he didn't trigger the alarms so I got out without the whole base coming down on me. Of course, I got a bounty on my head and decided to hand myself in as I still had missions to finish.

Now... the thing was, I got back to the next mission and dismbarked the shuttle. The first guard to scan me went ape and started unloading hot plasma. I thought I'd paid off the bounty and I wasn't carrying any discoverable contraband.

I'm missing something, I know...

Any ideas? It appears I'm "wanted" too.
RH panel , number 4 button. lower right hand corner. Notorious must be less than 0 in the system you got notorious in.
You can be notorious in any other systems not having the bounty giving faction in it.
The npc will say something along the lines of.." I thought all you commanders respected the law...nothing for us to be concerned with.."

Snaggeed another G3 Mav suit - this time with improved shield regen. This will come in handy for those "Oh @&$£! The whole base are on my rear and those drones are shotting at me! Mummy!" moments.

I think I have enough suits now :D

Still, once I get the mats and stuff, I'll be abe to experiment with what suit works best. Just 2 DD's away from my first engineering upgrade (done by me) which will, most probably, be the expanded backpack capacity. Then? Not sure, maybe an attempt to G4 one of my Mav's.

EDIT

Holy crap! I just found a G3 Dom with improved battery capacity and extra backpack capacity! Why didn't they make it so you could move modifications around the suits you own?

Last edited:
Holy crap! I just found a G3 Dom with improved battery capacity and extra backpack capacity! Why didn't they make it so you could move modifications around the suits you own?

Its part of the plot. At one point I was swimming in suits.
Lots of places are infested with fleet carriers. Stuff near Shin is all blocked, for instance. Haven't looked at Dav's for a while but that used to be chokka too.
I hope they do something about it, maybe a bloody congestion charge of 50m per week for heavy traffic systems if you stay more than X days.

Why didn't they make it so you could move modifications around the suits you own?
They should have. The grind is too long, so there's almost no motivation to continue once you have something upgraded, and during the process you're always afraid that you won't really like a mod.

There are fortunately only a couple of mods I consider important, the rest are just Quality of Life upgrades that you can do without. (The ones I feel are important are Night Vision on the suits, Magazine Size on the shotgun, Noise Suppression on the Tormentor pistol -- those make a significant difference for me, making life easier -- but even they can be done without). If I could only have 1 of those it would be Noise Suppression on the Tormentor. Stealth missions become much easier with that.

Upgrading to G5 is the only necessary thing. Everything beyond that is "nice to have but I can do without it" stuff.

They should have. The grind is too long, so there's almost no motivation to continue once you have something upgraded, and during the process you're always afraid that you won't really like a mod.

There are fortunately only a couple of mods I consider important, the rest are just Quality of Life upgrades that you can do without. (The ones I feel are important are Night Vision on the suits, Magazine Size on the shotgun, Noise Suppression on the Tormentor pistol -- those make a significant difference for me, making life easier -- but even they can be done without). If I could only have 1 of those it would be Noise Suppression on the Tormentor. Stealth missions become much easier with that.

Upgrading to G5 is the only necessary thing. Everything beyond that is "nice to have but I can do without it" stuff.
I still have one last slot open on ALL my G5 suits and weapons because I am paranoid I might miss an important mod.

But I have kind of slowed down on the foot stuff and gone back to spaceships. The disembarking and running to the lift and having to return within time limit to mission giver was getting to be a drag.

Night vision... we didn't have to grind mats to engineer that on our ships and SRV's so why on suits?

I find Domino really gets in your personal space! :)
"Go get ''em!"

Extra backpack cap - done. Now for a break from OF missions so I'm in a comp nav beacon for some pew-pew-dadadadada. Who knows, perhaps I'll go up an extra 1% - but then, how can you tell these days? Bring bacl the numbers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom