What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Put only a little time in today, because the game fealt kinda sluggish? It was super fast and unprecise and i dont know what happend? It went from slow as a snail to move around to sonic the hedgehog, so if anyone else had that, do you know how to make the camera slow down again? Thx!
bison.jpeg

Put only a little time in today, because the game fealt kinda sluggish? It was super fast and unprecise and i dont know what happend? It went from slow as a snail to move around to sonic the hedgehog, so if anyone else had that, do you know how to make the camera slow down again? Thx!
View attachment 274634
Yeah that happens when I press T I think! It slows your camera for some reason, and when you press T again you go back to zipping across the zoo. It's either the T key or the L key. It happens when I try to activate the light on the camera, and I always think 'T for torch, or L for light' hahaha.

Zarpa has received two new exhibit animals in a path full of bamboo. Giant forest scorpions and giant leaf insects now live in giant terrariums:

20211108222606_1.jpg

But you'll be more interested in our other new friends: the lovely red pandas!

20211108222405_1.jpg

20211108222423_1.jpg

Note: I think I have red pandas in all my zoos. They have become one of my favourite animals in the game.

Do we have some kind of warm weather alpine animal
Only one I'm sure of at the Moment, is the Mountain Lion. Can't look into the Zoopedia at the Moment due to my Computer acting extremely stupid again since yesterday
Since trolls in Warcraft tame raptors and ride raptors, and raptors and raptors are not likely to be in Planet Zoo, I decided to make a jaguar habitat. This one's just enough for a pair of jaguars.
View attachment 274656
I think I might change the walls' base color.
You could've also used Cassowarys🙃

So close to completing my Jamestown Zoo goal of the 31 animals that I want in before I start in on really sprucing things up. one animal shy, the Jaguar, will be next so I at least have 30 of the animals in (not counting exhibit animals) Unfortunately I'm back to work tomorrow, and no doubt will have a slew of things to keep me busy, so it could be little to no playing for the next week.

But, in addition to adding the African Wild Dogs, Bison and Reindeer, I put in many ATMs this weekend, as well as filled in quite a few spots that didn't have a lot of food/drink coverage. Trying to get those to 90%. But I'm proud, the "so much trash" comment is no longer on my guests thoughts (on the main zoo page) so I guess it's little enough it's no longer important.

Anyways, here's how things look and at darker times of the day as well, showing off the light placements - areas with no lights are the mountain ranges I've put in, there's no need for them there.
20211114210007_1.jpg

20211114205954_1.jpg

20211114210028_1.jpg

20211114210020_1.jpg

20211114210110_1.jpg
20211114210330_1.jpg

Jamestown Zoo's 31st habitat animal, the Jaguar, has joined in!
20211115200940_1.jpg

Let the beautification process begin! It sort of has already begun with some tree placements and some beginning shop structures.

20211115205758_1.jpg

And...because at some point I strongly believe they will be coming, even if not "soon" just gonna leave this right here until then.

20211115205807_1.jpg

Jamestown Zoo's 31st habitat animal, the Jaguar, has joined in!
View attachment 275378

Let the beautification process begin! It sort of has already begun with some tree placements and some beginning shop structures.

View attachment 275379

And...because at some point I strongly believe they will be coming, even if not "soon" just gonna leave this right here until then.

View attachment 275380
Yeah, you will be able to fill that habitat before the end of the game 🙏🤞👍 I'd put capybaras in every zoo I build.

Our visit to Zarpa continues with the orangutans. Their habitat is divided in two because there's a backstage road in the middle (and I didn't have enough space for them), so I added an overpass for the primates.

20211107150245_1.jpg

20211107150140_1.jpg

20211107150001_1.jpg

20211107150215_1.jpg

Next, we have a small habitat for Malayan tapirs.
20211111191745_1.jpg

Our visit to Zarpa continues with the orangutans. Their habitat is divided in two because there's a backstage road in the middle (and I didn't have enough space for them), so I added an overpass for the primates.

View attachment 275456
View attachment 275458

Next, we have a small habitat for Malayan tapirs.
View attachment 275460
Really nice. Reminds me of the Orangutan Enclosure in my Australian Zoo that is way too small because the Bug that Orangutans and Gorillas can't use Ropes anymore, still isn't fixed (still shows as climbable on the Heatmap though)

The Tropical house was so hard! Ah I hate building stuff. But it also does a lot to dress the place up, and I am pretty satisfied with the end result!

X9C8fII.png

It's so bushy and I love it :) Created a new river while I was at it. The Land of Giants boat ride is finally connected to the rest of the zoo!

FSVLhaQ.jpg

The last remaining thing to do for the Tropical area is the Cassowary habitat to the left. You can see where it's going to be. They need quite a lot of space, I discovered, especially if you want to breed them. 100 square meters per additional bird OR chick, and they can have up to 4 chicks. So it'll be a 900 square meter habitat.

cmsRXo0.jpg

The Hippo and Gharial viewing platform and habitats, as seen from above. I made a Gharial basking rock nearest to the platform, so people can get a good look at them above water, too. I've got 7 gharials in, and what a size difference...! Some of them are absolute units.

aLAIyrO.png

I really love these two habitats. The water is swampy, which suits both animals. The Gharials can and do deep dive.

KeQwmDW.png

The way to the underwater viewing area. The sign says 'Boshut' which is Forest hut in Dutch. The butterflies are astoundingly beautiful at night! This build uses a mix of base game wood, South American stone and thatched roof, and Arctic wood and poles.

37KKcDI.png

The underwater viewing area itself. I sank South American stone into the ground, and lined the path with rocks. I couldn't make the path align perfectly with the glass walls, so I covered it up this way. Worked pretty well, if I do say so myself. A random rock is placed in the middle as decoration.

V3Mya5h.png

The Tropical house can be entered above. It leads to the viewing Hippo and Gharial viewing platform on the left, and the Galapagos tortoise habitat to the right.

RJAKMZV.png

When you enter the building. A huge tree grows right through it, and you can take a look at it from the benches, where you can also see the river flowing underneath the building. Hippo and Gharial viewing platform to the left.
Upper left are three frog exhibits: Lehmann, red eyed tree frog, and golden poison frog.

YmL7owJ.png

Frog exhibits straight ahead. Two snakes exhibits on the left: yellow anaconda, reticulated python. Two iguana exhibits on the right: Antilles iguana, green iguana.

iYERNAr.png

Snake exhibits to the left. Iguana exhibits in center. Galapagos tortoise habitat down the path.

VljMC9Z.png

Galapagos tortoise habitat! Small and cozy, green and flowery. It was nice building something teensy for once :) It's a challenge too, because I tend to build far too large habitats.

KUqBpLr.png

And finally, an overview!
Cassowaries will go in the red area, they are up next.
The cassowaries are right next to a big food plaza where people can eat before and after they went on the boat ride, but I don't feel like building that one yet.

Instead I'll probably move to the Hilltop area in blue! There will be a small food court there, perhaps an animal on top. It will need to be something attractive to lure guests up there. It is quite a trek, after all. On the other hand, the hilly trail is narrow and small, so perhaps not. Do we have some kind of warm weather alpine animal? Dall sheep come close, but I'm not sure they can deal with the hot weather.
I'm thinking of doing an antelope habitat on the other side of the hill, that people can access through a tunnel.
The black arrow, I'm not sure. It's gonna attach to the Land of Giants, so perhaps giraffes? It is a long stretch of land though. A long and stretched habitat it is, then.

Cassowary habitat is finished! It is quite large for two birds, but the space will be necessary for when the chicks arrive. I didn't count on them being able to swim, but it turns out they actually can! So their available space is even more than I intended. Oh well, it just means these dino birds can stretch their legs if they want :)

24fjqCH.jpg

Escape by river is prevented with logs. The hilly trail on the left is currently the only available viewing area. However, to prevent clogging of the small path, I made sure to put all of their enrichment on the other side of the habitat. I made them a little wading area and beach on the right side of the river, before I knew these birds can actually swim. But it looks nice.

kOWGzvR.jpg

River view. Left side will be detailed later, when I get to the big food plaza to the left off screen. The water purifier is hidden away. Can you find it?

77txGOw.png

Main cassowary viewing area, currently inaccessible to guests.

rsIfiB5.png

Bridge to allow easy river crossing for the birds and keepers.

a7fPKQ5.jpg

Lowest part of the hilly trail, and secondary cassowary viewing options. On the left is the staff path to the water purifier, very pleased with how its hidden away!

0wtkPwx.png

Coming face to face with a dino bird...

Up next is the hilltop area! I'm going to decide on an animal to place up there, and then build the hilltop food court.

----
"New Zealand Getaway Zoo". My main challenges will be:
  • Building elephant habitats (never built for them before) and obtaining the elephant reward (breeding both species in one zoo).
  • Building an elephant boat ride (never done a boat ride before).
  • Deciding on zoo sections and how to make use of the terrain.
    • entrance area - minor detailing left
    • tropical area - almost finished
    • land of giants
    • hilltop area
  • Multiple viewing angles from all around the zoo.
  • Cool panoramashots.
  • A hilly trail that looks down over the zoo, making a beautiful view from both the top and the bottom of the zoo.

Cassowary habitat is finished! It is quite large for two birds, but the space will be necessary for when the chicks arrive. I didn't count on them being able to swim, but it turns out they actually can! So their available space is even more than I intended. Oh well, it just means these dino birds can stretch their legs if they want :)

24fjqCH.jpg

Escape by river is prevented with logs. The hilly trail on the left is currently the only available viewing area. However, to prevent clogging of the small path, I made sure to put all of their enrichment on the other side of the habitat. I made them a little wading area and beach on the right side of the river, before I knew these birds can actually swim. But it looks nice.

kOWGzvR.jpg

River view. Left side will be detailed later, when I get to the big food plaza to the left off screen. The water purifier is hidden away. Can you find it?

77txGOw.png

Main cassowary viewing area, currently inaccessible to guests.

rsIfiB5.png

Bridge to allow easy river crossing for the birds and keepers.

a7fPKQ5.jpg

Lowest part of the hilly trail, and secondary cassowary viewing options. On the left is the staff path to the water purifier, very pleased with how its hidden away!

0wtkPwx.png

Coming face to face with a dino bird...

Up next is the hilltop area! I'm going to decide on an animal to place up there, and then build the hilltop food court.

----
"New Zealand Getaway Zoo". My main challenges will be:
  • Building elephant habitats (never built for them before) and obtaining the elephant reward (breeding both species in one zoo).
  • Building an elephant boat ride (never done a boat ride before).
  • Deciding on zoo sections and how to make use of the terrain.
    • entrance area - minor detailing left
    • tropical area - almost finished
    • land of giants
    • hilltop area
  • Multiple viewing angles from all around the zoo.
  • Cool panoramashots.
  • A hilly trail that looks down over the zoo, making a beautiful view from both the top and the bottom of the zoo.
This doesn't look very safe😂
But I love the second Picture 👍

Back
Top Bottom