What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Goodday folks, my man was cooking and what he cooked up was a holding facility for spectacle bears so lets take a look.
The spectacle bear habitat will be on the other side of the river next to the south america house and is suppoused to be one of the largest and most modern habitats of the zoo.
spec.jpeg

Inside we got 2 holding cells that can be seperated with a push gate. The one currently shown is the larger one meant for either females or baechlour groups that is connected to what will be an atleast partly backstage part of the habitat that can also be seperated. Having such a set up is quite common with non social carnivorans to make sure that the male doesnt harm the cubs ones they are born with the only exception for big cats being the lion cause yk social.
spec1.jpeg

This is the main part that will be seen from the main viewing gallerys inside the restaurant and along the path and propaply will be atleast partally hidden with faux rocks, but we will see as i think it isnt even that ugly to look at.
spec2.jpeg

But ofcourse this wouldnt be planet zoo if the hitboxes wouldnt be awfull so chare my pain over the formosan black bear that apparantly cant move through doors 3 times his size.
Just why frontier pls fix those hit boxes
spec3.jpeg
spec4.jpeg

Here's the first pictures of the very work in progress portion of the africa rocks, the next and probably most complex part of the san diego zoo. At the top of the africa rocks area, we can find a desert themed garden where lots of rare and unique dry climate plants can be found - just not ingame of course.

Planet Zoo Screenshot 2023.11.22 - 21.47.03.16.png

Planet Zoo Screenshot 2023.11.22 - 21.48.09.87.png

The key to garden areas like this where colorful temperate plants cannot do the heavy lifting is variety. A large variety of different plants, both desert suited and a couple temperate plants allow a wonderful diversity of foliage where small dry bushes work well with sparse trees. The variety here includes a list of 17 choices, these are: buffalo grass, common saltwort, century plant, triodia grass, sagebrush bush, silver fern, prickly pear cactus, crimson turkey bush, nitraria retusa bush, organ pipe cactus, quiver tree, creosote bush, sudanese frankincese tree, joshua tree, cabbage tree, mpingo tree and of course a variety of aquatic rock piles. The variety of foliage is meant to represent the rich diversity of desert gardens so it is neccesary to mix different continent foilage together to achieve the best result.

Did just some detailing so far, but it came out nicly.
I often rush ahead and tell myself im gonna do the detailing "later" so its allways nice to have a low brain power day to just do some rockwork and gardening in the empty space between habitats.
Today it was the rivers turn and i can proudly state that from the bottom of the waterfalls to the top its mostly finished now
flex1.jpeg

flex2.jpeg

I also made another great screen of my lion + elephants, really my best work so far and if you guys still arnt working with elevation, maybe this can convince you
flex.jpeg

Did just some detailing so far, but it came out nicly.
I often rush ahead and tell myself im gonna do the detailing "later" so its allways nice to have a low brain power day to just do some rockwork and gardening in the empty space between habitats.
Today it was the rivers turn and i can proudly state that from the bottom of the waterfalls to the top its mostly finished now
View attachment 375059

View attachment 375060

I also made another great screen of my lion + elephants, really my best work so far and if you guys still arnt working with elevation, maybe this can convince you
View attachment 375061

I find that kind of small stream with little waterfalls is such an useful thing in maps with any slope, but at the same time very difficult to accomplish, congrats.

I was there during the week to say my goodbyes, sad to see them go. I do worry about the future of the zoo at times with the amount of empty enclosures and now the loss of what is the zoos main attraction
Maybe it'll inspire new conservation projects? Which could be considered a mixed result

Maybe it'll inspire new conservation projects? Which could be considered a mixed result
Hopefully, there was a new master plan to completely transform the zoo in the early 2000’s however, it was dependent on selling land to fund the improvements and this was blocked by the council at the last minute.

The zoo are currently working on there ‘big 5 initiative’ up-to 2030 but this is more aimed at improving current exhibits (giraffe's, Sun Bear’s, One horned Rhino’s, Penguins & a new tropical house). It’s rumoured that Amur Leopards will be arriving mid 2024 into the soon to be vacant panda exhibit.

A step closer to enjoy a great game is to get a great setup. Rate my setup (ignore the messiness. I've gotten better, but not perfect):
IMG_20231125_210629291_Thota Vaikuntam.jpg

The monitor on the right I got at a Black Friday deal at a Walmart. Was awesome because the Walmart electronics section was virtually no people because there's a Microcenter next door (but the line was insane. Nope, never would wait in a line like that even for a good deal)
And Cyber Monday is coming up, so maybe I'll order something else, like a better keyboard/mouse, the kind that are quiet

A step closer to enjoy a great game is to get a great setup. Rate my setup (ignore the messiness. I've gotten better, but not perfect):
View attachment 375400
The monitor on the right I got at a Black Friday deal at a Walmart. Was awesome because the Walmart electronics section was virtually no people because there's a Microcenter next door (but the line was insane. Nope, never would wait in a line like that even for a good deal)
And Cyber Monday is coming up, so maybe I'll order something else, like a better keyboard/mouse, the kind that are quiet
Yo why you never told us that you have DarthQuell merchandise? :O

Underwater view: Penguin cave and Seal house.

AmSc4.jpg
AmSc3.jpg

Now it's time for the Polar Bears and I don't even know how the habitat should look like. The bears require so much space and people want to have a good view at them... and it shall look beautiful on top of it all.

...I guess, I'll do something less painful. ... like having dental treatment or so.

Back
Top Bottom