What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Added the first actual habitat to my park.
This is for red foxes, and i build it at an angle that absolutely sucks lighting wise :D
Stil gotta build up the exterior a bit with and i want so add a few signs and stuff

20240309115845_1.jpg

20240309115857_1.jpg

20240309115929_1.jpg
20240309115940_1.jpg

Guess who just spend 4 hours terraforming the entire map and copy/pasting like 10.000 trees around.
But ngl it was worth the tedium, now i can build my park with the right black forest atmosphere :)
Also idk why it looks so small on the picture, im standing direktly over the starting zoo entrance and those back mountaintips are right on the edge of the map :D

20240310135833_1.jpg

Guess who just spend 4 hours terraforming the entire map and copy/pasting like 10.000 trees around.
But ngl it was worth the tedium, now i can build my park with the right black forest atmosphere :)
Also idk why it looks so small on the picture, im standing direktly over the starting zoo entrance and those back mountaintips are right on the edge of the map :D

View attachment 386140
I hope you turned the climbing toggle off 😂

Last night I continued my Temperate section of my Asian zoo. While the habitats have been relocated to my liking, the habitats need a serious make over which I will begin tonight.
A problem I have had, Dholes. every zoo that I include Dholes, guests do not like the habitat. The habitats I make meet requirements, we all know dholes need a lot of space, this time I am determined to make dhole viewing better.
I had 10 pandas, I dropped down to 6 as I made their habitat smaller.
Originally wild boars and red deer had their own habitats, decided since they get enrichment bonus that I would give them a bigger habitat and they can share.
My cranes shared with the macaques, now they have seperate habitats. The crane habitat is big enough to accommodate more, guests don’t like it but they can get views from all sides of the habitat. The macaques are in a walkthrough habitat where I have a restaurant near by.

Another day, another box that is somehow fun to build in planet air conditioning

How it feels to play Planet Air Conditioning.jpg

Instead of rushing to get more blueprints posted to the workshop, I'm slowly working through each zoo that has viewable AC units on google maps and making the ones that are new to the collection. This means browsing google images, AC unit company online catalogues and other stuff I would of thought I would of never think of doing for the sake of realism and adding all of those details.

Today 4 boxes have been built:

2 versions of these large box units called air handlers. These have zero cooler fans but large ventilation pipes process/circulate air often on very large buildings such as elephant houses.
20240310133630_1.jpg

Also 2 cooling towers spending far too long to find the exact model makes to match the oregon zoo's tiger house cooler. The medium tower includes a raised platform with a small ladder. The tower is about 4 metres tall which is pretty big but that's tiny compared to the big cooling towers we will see when I reach the minnesota zoo for their massive tropical house.
20240310133732_1.jpg

Last edited:
Because I'm still not sure what goes into the smaller part of the lion's enclosure, I just built a penguin habitat lol.
I'm thinking with the enclosure until I know what the DLC brings. Maybe, if I'm lucky, there will be Secratary Birds and then I'd like to put them there, if not it'll be the Caracals.
20240310164523_1.jpg
20240310164614_1.jpg

Today we finish visiting the penguinarium with the last habitat, the one housing the little blue penguins. They also have an outdoor area, but I forgot the baby penguins can't swim, so I had to join both parts of land so that they have enough space.

20240307222254_1.jpg

20240306214744_1.jpg

20240307222217_1.jpg

And so it is, the world of Penguins at Ovonia park is completed!

20240307222053_1.jpg

Top Bottom