What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Man, I love it. My favourite character is Mike Sullivan.
(I guess you are going to upload it to the workshop? It looks like worth it)
When it's all done - which should be quite soon, I will!
I love Mike Sullivan! My favorite part is when he sings "Under the Sea" to his funny animal sidekick, Aladdin McDuck!

After like half a year i finally finished the second half of my wombat habitat.
Nothing special but defenetly good enough, eventhough i feel like i gotta get a bit more creative again.
Building simple habitats is fun and all but now that i have a formula established i gotta shake it up now and aggain
wombat3.jpeg
wombat2.jpeg

Got my second habitat more or less finshed, this time for raccoons and also an implied one for mice and rats.
In german we got this term "Kulturfolger" - culture follower, which refers to animals which thrive in close proximity to humans, and which this little area is dedicated to.
The main attraction here is this rickity old barn which got converted into an exhibit for ideally beech martens, but in this case raccoons. Despite not being native here raccons are often kept at german wildparks due to them being invasive and a common sight here nowadays.
Their barn turned out pretty cool and despite being absolutely packed with garbage the raccoons can travers more or less the entire thing. The raccoons outdoor part is a placeholder untill i figured out how i want to do it
Also found this incredible old timey tractor blueprint on the workshop and just had to include it here, its a perfect fit.
The other building has a little recess that you can step into and look into the house via windows. Behind those windows will be 2 small rustic old rooms which will house mice and rats since those are also fit the theme of this area like a glove.

20240311174606_1.jpg

20240311174612_1.jpg

20240311174336_1.jpg

20240311175558_1.jpg

Last edited:
Got my second habitat more or less finshed, this time for raccoons and also an implied one for mice and rats.
In german we got this term "Kulturfolger" - culture follower, which refers to animals which thrive in close proximity to humans, and which this little area is dedicated to.
The main attraction here is this rickity old barn which got converted into an exhibit for ideally beech martens, but in this case raccoons. Despite not being native here raccons are often kept at german wildparks due to them being invasive and a common sight here nowadays.
Their barn turned out pretty cool and despite being absolutely packed with garbage the raccoons can travers more or less the entire thing. The raccoons outdoor part is a placeholder untill i figured out how i want to do it
Also found this incredible old timey tractor blueprint on the workshop and just had to include it here, its a perfect fit.
The other building has a little recess that you can step into and look into the house via windows. Behind those windows will be 2 small rustic old rooms which will house mice and rats since those are also fit the theme of this area like a glove.

View attachment 386254
View attachment 386255
View attachment 386256
View attachment 386257
Another great habitat, your recent builds have been some great inspiration for me recently. I hope you don't mind that :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 386254
View attachment 386255
View attachment 386256
View attachment 386257
This is such a creative idea and very well-executed. I'm impressed how smoothly the terrain blends with the rustic stone floor.

Finished up the savanna habitat in my small zoo. I like the rock work and grass spam I put down. And it's the first time I actually used the white rhino, zebra, and lechwe so that's three animals crossed off my list (I haven't built for like half of the animals in-game :/). AND I finally came up with a name for the zoo after 2 years! Franklin Park Zoo, a simple name for a simple zoo!
20240311143135_1.jpg
20240311143153_1.jpg
20240311143203_1.jpg
20240311143214_1.jpg
20240311143221_1.jpg

Nothing finished yet, but the small African Savanna is starting to come alive. The base lay-out of the exhibit is there and also the fundementals of the Giraffe barn. Currently only some hay on the floor, but need to add pens, so the male and or females can be separated if needed. Of the left side of the exhibit you can also see a separation zone. Still in doubt if I will add another pool in the mail part of the exhibit. Also a stable for the gazelles is coming.

Currently housing 3 giraffes and 3 Thomson's gazelles. The giraffe group I would like to keep in this size, only 1-2 calves can increase the group, but should leave the zoo once they are grown. What do you guys think, can I maybe add another species and if so which one? Warthogs and ostriches I already have in other exhibits.

6qhjZ2V.png

Well I did the thing I always hated the workshop for, I built a 1000 piece truck for future use in my air con megapack because I've gone mad. Built 2 versions, one with detailed wheels (380 pieces) and one with no detail wheels (18 pieces). The no detail wheel truck still comes to 650 pieces but I guess better for a backstage prop.

Planet Zoo Screenshot 2024.03.14 - 00.20.37.80.png

Planet Zoo Screenshot 2024.03.14 - 00.21.44.22.png

Well I did the thing I always hated the workshop for, I built a 1000 piece truck for future use in my air con megapack because I've gone mad. Built 2 versions, one with detailed wheels (380 pieces) and one with no detail wheels (18 pieces). The no detail wheel truck still comes to 650 pieces but I guess better for a backstage prop.

View attachment 386463
View attachment 386464
That certainly is a mighty looking truck!

Top Bottom