What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Finally finished my entry banners! I settled on a more cohesive style so I redid a few and made some edits in addition to the new ones. Time to take a break and draw some other stuff/go back to actually working on the zoo lmao. Gonna try and tell the perfectionist in me to shut it and move on from these buggers - though no guarantee. I'll prolly make some more art to put into this zoo later, maybe some educational signs or something. :>
View attachment 391083
View attachment 391084
View attachment 391085
View attachment 391086View attachment 391087
View attachment 391088
Your art style is so beautiful and soft! I absolutely love love love these!

Been also preparing for the barnyard pack by going back to the starting area where the petting zoo and "culture followers" are. Had the start of a shack thing with an outdoor cage here, that i now finished and deceided would make a cool home for beech marten. They very much fit in with the raccoons and rats as animals that thrive in close proximity to humans and a kinda notorious for burglarizing chicken coops. So i thought it would be cool to imply that their indoor area is an actual reused chicken coop. Thats very much in the same vein as the raccoon barn and rounds out the place pretty nicely.

20240428095823_1.jpg
20240428095839_1.jpg
20240428095855_1.jpg

Been also preparing for the barnyard pack by going back to the starting area where the petting zoo and "culture followers" are. Had the start of a shack thing with an outdoor cage here, that i now finished and deceided would make a cool home for beech marten. They very much fit in with the raccoons and rats as animals that thrive in close proximity to humans and a kinda notorious for burglarizing chicken coops. So i thought it would be cool to imply that their indoor area is an actual reused chicken coop. Thats very much in the same vein as the raccoon barn and rounds out the place pretty nicely.

View attachment 391136View attachment 391137View attachment 391138
I love the chicken coop idea! That's a great idea and it looks so realistic. Your layout in that bottom photo is just perfect, too.

Damn Marvin, that is looking very realistic! A perfect exhibit which really fits with the upcoming DLC.

Some time ago I shared a picture in the "What do you want to do in Planet Zoo" topic about an open space in my zoo:

jPIog5Z.png

This weekend have been adding some details into this space. Aramar gave me the idea to put an exhibit for lemurs in this space. Currently there are four ring tailed lemurs in the exhibit, but there could be added some other lemurs as well, because the exhibit is quite big for just four lemurs. The exhibit is still a WIP, but I really start to like it. I'm far from as good as others here, but still think my building style is improving a lot with every new exhibit I'm creating. Also with the lock I've created so that the lemurs can't escape when the zoo keepers are going into their indoor shelter.

Also I've used the open space to create a road towards the savanna exhibit. Giving it the idea that the zoo keepers can drive in with a car to feed the animals and clean up after them.

X1BHkr4.png

ahXoGBg.png

1saJ3Zi.png

6g7ssFP.png

Finally finished my entry banners! I settled on a more cohesive style so I redid a few and made some edits in addition to the new ones. Time to take a break and draw some other stuff/go back to actually working on the zoo lmao. Gonna try and tell the perfectionist in me to shut it and move on from these buggers - though no guarantee. I'll prolly make some more art to put into this zoo later, maybe some educational signs or something. :>
View attachment 391083
View attachment 391084
View attachment 391085
View attachment 391086View attachment 391087
View attachment 391088
I am quite literally obsessed with these signs. Stellar job.

I love the way you hide the buildings behind foliage and rockwork. Really great!
Thanks! Sometimes it's not that easy because the walls are oversized and because of the hitboxes from the animals.
In some places you want to see the building.
The best example is the rhino enclosure. You can look into the stable through the windows, but you can't see the second part of the enclosure, where I can separate the male rhinoceros as soon as the baby is born. I even built working sliding doors. :LOL:

Next I'm planning (or I've already started building) a Madagascar house. The model for this is the Madagascar House in the Cologne Zoo. Not 100%, but I think the indoor area is particularly nice.
1714379691953.png
1714379753873.png

(Part 1)

Been a long time since I've shared anything interesting here. So I'm gonna share some stuff, but it's not that interesting...
So, howdy y'all. Welcome to Moonshine Ranch (6). The zoo is a new project to bring knowledge of fascinating animals right in their backyard. The zoo, built on the outskirts of Longview, TX, has 3 goals in mind:
  1. Bring awareness of local species
  2. Rescue animals from neglectful situations
  3. Raise money for animal conservation
Our slogan: "Bringing the wild to you"

Now, to begin, an overview of our WIP zoo:
1.jpeg

Our state of the art, and environmentally friendly, staff center:
2.jpeg

3.jpeg

Here is our welcome center. The outside and exhibits are ready, as well as the info booth (could use some suggestions for the interior):
4.jpeg

5.jpeg

We house Desert Horned Vipers and Mexican Red Knee Tarantulas...

Now onto our 1st enclosure, the lovely Dall Sheep:
6.jpeg

7.jpeg

The barn has a built-in ladder to reach the attic for additional supplies (empty until Barnyard pack tomorrow😉)

And behind the Dall Sheep, our small barbeque place, run by local favorite Barbara King (fictional):
8.jpeg

(Part 2)

Now our 1st collection: Local Critters, dedicated to showing guests the local animals found in our backyards:
9.jpeg

Our 1st species: the Nine-Banded Armadillo. Say hello to Eastwood and Faleena:
10.jpeg

13.jpeg

11.jpeg

They look adorable together (need suggestions for decorating the interior)

Our 2nd species is: the Striped Skunk. Say howdy to Jake and Jolene:
12.jpeg

14.jpeg

15.jpeg

We have glass to prevent, er, special skunk cologne, ha ha.... (also need suggestions for interiors. Sensing a pattern?)

Ok y'all, that's it for now. We plan to expand this area with a couple more local critters, namely the Red Fox, Raccoon, North American Beaver, American Alligator, Diamondback Terrapin, and American Bullfrog. Thanks for visiting the Ranch...

It's a good day when a new update can bring down the piece count of my complex vehicle blueprints. Thanks to the new tires in the barnyard pack, some of the vehicles are seeing almost 50 percent of the total pieces cut.

Fendt large tractor - 1200 pieces down to 650. Wheels that were 200 pieces each are now 40.
Bobcat Loader - 550 pieces down to 350. Even with the smaller wheels, smaller vehicles can now be 200 pieces less.

Vintage tractor & trailers pack (21).jpg

It's a good day when a new update can bring down the piece count of my complex vehicle blueprints. Thanks to the new tires in the barnyard pack, some of the vehicles are seeing almost 50 percent of the total pieces cut.

Fendt large tractor - 1200 pieces down to 650. Wheels that were 200 pieces each are now 40.
Bobcat Loader - 550 pieces down to 350. Even with the smaller wheels, smaller vehicles can now be 200 pieces less.

View attachment 391365
Not to mention the tires look a lot better than the other pieces; they have that rubbery texture that's not easy to replicate

Played around with the new pack today and extended my entrance "plaza" with a little famers/souvenir/info shop.
This is where i imagine an really adorable grandma (mom/grandmother of the park director maybe?) selling homemade jam and juice, wildflower honey and eggs produced in the park, fruits and veggies from local farmers aswell as a handfull of souvenirs, flyers, maps and the like.
And honestly im kinda obssed with this idea 😂 .

20240430153922_1.jpg

20240430153938_1.jpg

I made a dall sheep cliff habitat. I didn't plan on it but I realized I would like a viewing area at the top of the mountain, so I build a gondola ride. When decorating I did think about not having any shops at the top because I didn't know for sure if vendors would be stuck there. So I thought it was brilliant to just place vending machines...... only to figure out that the vending machines will break down and you need a mechanic to fix them. So I plopped down one mechanic and after a while they couldn't get to a staff building, so I had to make one on top of my tiny mountain.

It was a rollercoaster

Top Bottom