What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Planet_Zoo_Screenshot_2020.12.25_-_10.40.23.90.png

I finished up my Penguin Peak habitat, it's now on YouTube and on the workshop!

My ''Mexican'' grey wolf enclosure turned out better than expected (did most of it a few days ago, and it still need some work). It took me a while to get it to look both realistic and aesthetically nice. But I always feel like that is a challenge with enclosures for big carnivores, because it easily ends up being a lot of tall fencing, which often isn't very pleasant to look at.

The Cabin viewpoint I am still not too happy with, especially not the roof. I will probably fix that at some point. I also want to add a small backstage area for keepers (right now I just got a random placed gate, which doesn't look safe) and perhaps a small implied separation enclosure in the back. I also still need some kind of shelter for the wolves.

American desert foliage has really turned out to be fun to play around with. We got quite a lot actually, but not a lot of animals to use it with.

Feel free to comment if you have ideas for what I could do better or perhaps should add to this enclosure.

Mexican Gray Wolf - The Dry Lands.jpg

Last edited:
Currently playing and wondering why all hell break loose in Unity. oO Animals fight due to overcrowding though there is no overcrowding, animals suddenly mature like crazy, climbing frames are not calculated correctly (nothing new on this front) and I just wanted to have a chill session and do some tweaks here and there while thinking about my writing. Instead I'm putting out fires.... is it 2020 in Unity?

EDIT: Oh, great. Now the same bug that makes the game not calculate climbing frames already (which isn't fixed since Update 1.3.x) doesn't calculate deep water correctly when there is a flaoting platform in the water. deleting it and undo the delete fixes the bug.

Last edited:
Currently playing and wondering why all hell break loose in Unity. oO Animals fight due to overcrowding though there is no overcrowding, animals suddenly mature like crazy, climbing frames are not calculated correctly (nothing new on this front) and I just wanted to have a chill session and do some tweaks here and there while thinking about my writing. Instead I'm putting out fires.... is it 2020 in Unity?
I don't know how to solve the other Problems but the Climbing Problem should be solvable by deleting the Climbing Structures and then reverse the Action. Maybe the other Problems are caused by Errors in the Game Files even though multiple People already reported the Aggression Problem

I don't know how to solve the other Problems but the Climbing Problem should be solvable by deleting the Climbing Structures and then reverse the Action. Maybe the other Problems are caused by Errors in the Game Files even though multiple People already reported the Aggression Problem

Thank you Urufu. I know about the fix for the climbing struvture, thankfully, as I'm having this damned issue ever since the australia pack came out. I'm quiet annoyed that it isn't fixed yet, to be honest. (Issue tracker expired). Especially since it seem to have moved over to deep water and the floating plattform as well now.

I hate it when this happens. The Problem that Orangutans and Gorillas can't use Ropes is also still not solved because almost no one answered my Issue Tracker Report
Yep. Totally get why people get frustrated with the issue tracker and bug reports. With such problems it's also a problem of wording in general. People might search for the climbing frame issue, but not call it climbing frame issue but instead unsufficient climbing culculation or whatever. And the issue tracker search isn't really as intelligent as google of course.

Continued to piece together my zoo for next week's community challenge. Hoping to have a quadrant for each of the dogs, with high welfare and themed decorations by the time we begin. (I realize that's not an official part of the challenge, but it's a good way to practice new things without destroying one of my longer term zoos, as i'm still learning all the pieces). Also spent quite a bit of time scrolling through the amazing things on the workshop, and watching youtube videos, while i worked.

I finished my latest zoo. I always build huge habitats for my animals, so I wanted to challenge myself and try to build habitats as small as possible. I used the smallest sceneario and, although I was playing in sandbox, I was playing with money and wellfare activated. All my animals are happy and meet all their requirements.

20201226110101_1.jpg

20201226110158_1.jpg

I managed to include:

2 jaguars
2 tapirs
2 caimans
4 Galapagos tortoises
3 giant otters
8 king penguins
3 koalas
4 red kangaroos
2 red pandas and 3 pangolins (shared habitat)
4 lions
5 gemsboks
3 pygmy hippos
3 bongos
4 zebras and 5 wildebeest (shared habitat)
5 ring tailed lemurs and 5 red ruffed lemurs (shared habitat)
6 mandrils
2 aardvarks

16 exhibits

I was taking a break but started a new zoo in the last couple of days. It's set in Ireland but the layout is based loosely on Bristol Zoo. I did the flamingo enclosure today.

View attachment 201782

The location isn't working for me in terms of the buildings so I switched it to central Europe and added my anteater and capuchin enclosure from another zoo. At the moment it feels a bit like a cross between Bristol and Dresden Zoo.

50764476617_4b8f46e48e_c.jpg

Continued working toward my dedicated zoo for this coming week's community challenge -- Yes We Canine!
Was doing pretty well until right at the end when I started bleeding money, and couldn't figure out how to solve it or undo whatever I'd done. I took that as a sign that I should get some rest, and come back tomorrow with fresh eyes.

I spent the weekend designing a Bactrian camel enclosure with a mini museum and info talk area inside a makeshift traditional Mongolian yurt.

Attachments

• 20201228230121_1.jpg
    20201228230121_1.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 20201228230132_1.jpg
    20201228230132_1.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 20201228230136_1.jpg
    20201228230136_1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 195
  • 20201228230152_1.jpg
    20201228230152_1.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 20201228230208_1.jpg
    20201228230208_1.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 194
After a christmas break, i started yesterday with a new zoo. A bit more classic in style than the last zoo. I love the old one but it feels at some point too fancy for me (aaaand i have no idea how to close the gaps). Sooooo ... inspired by Makun and his/hers Turtle House, I try a bit more ... realistic.

What do you think? (some of the buildings in the front are from the workshop) Not much to see at the moment, but yeah ... i like it :)
20201228213755_1.jpg

20201228213837_1.jpg
Funfact: The "Fuhse" is a little river, that cross my hometown and a "Tal" is in english a "Valley"

Did some detailing in the World of plants, just to slowly find the drive with this game again. Re-did the outside of the jaguar habitat and a lot of things around. Still feel kinda stuck, to be honest.

I feel I need a new project, but still none of my ideas feel currently attractive.

EDIT: Did the Timber Wolf Habitat in Unity.

Last edited:
Got over 130 canine births for the community challenge. My arctic wolves have the weakest stats of the four (not bad -- just middling). So I'll probably try to focus on them a bit more later in the week, and then check the market once the challenge is over to see if any better ones become available at that point.

Have now given birth to 225 dogs for the community challenge (and wow am I tired -- ha!),
As seems to happen every time, I got distracted thinking that I should add some trees and mountains for the background -- and then had to dig my way out because this somehow caused me to start losing money. So I may try to stay more focused tomorrow, and save the beautification for after the challenge has ended.

Today I finished the (Nile) crocodile area in my zoo. It comprises two separated enclosures, the bigger one for adults, the smaller one for juveniles. The hardshelter is inspired by the earth-houses (cave-houses) typically found in the area. Again, the orange is the predominant colour due to the high amount of iron in the soil and rocks. The shelter building material tries to resemble that colour.
20210101193257_1.jpg
20210101193310_1.jpg

*yawns

last coulpe of days i worked on the "Steve Irwin House" for the reptiles. There is currently no roof on the building, I think I'll build that tomorrow.
The building houses ... ... 6 enclosures for the Galapagos turtles, caimans, crocodiles, Komodo dragons and two for Nile monitors (try to get a pair of albinos) ... 5 exihits for diamondback turtles, yellow anacondas, the two different lizards and boa constrictors.
Now, i'm very tired. Oh... and happy new year for you all *throws confetti

20210102223236_1.jpg
20210102222954_1.jpg
20210102222651_1.jpg
20210102222644_1.jpg

20210102222604_1.jpg
20210102222630_1.jpg
20210102222611_1.jpg

Top Bottom