What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

That first picture is SO good! I'm a sucker for symmetry! :)

To everyone in the thread, you've done just great work in your zoos!!
Thanks. I have a thing for getting stuff symmetrical (and organized. Do I hear an Adrian Monk, anyone?)
Since I only play on weekends (including Friday) I try to challenge myself on how much I can do for the day.

Actually, I need to add a bit more land so that keepers can reach the other side and maybe dig a nice pit for the otters to sleep. I'm hoping to release my improved South America section as a Steam collection: Tesoros de Sur America (South American Treasures)

After a month of playing through the scenarios, just after midnight, I finished the last one.
Hurrah!
I barely play from 2-8. Playing after midnight would kill me😂

Last edited:
IMG_20210306_004730.jpg

Currently working on a new Extinct Animal Statue😉🦓

I started experimenting with putting bodies of water down prior to building, just to see if I could have a zoo where the paths, habitats and animals could follow the water pattern, rather than adding water after the paths and habitats are underway. I discovered that keepers don't cross constructed bridges to refill food enrichments or clean on islands within a habitat, though, which is a bummer. I could have sworn I saw images of keepers crossing bridges. I'd love to be able to have islands or streams dividing parts of my habitats or to do a monkey or lemur island type habitat, like you see sometimes in real zoos.

I started experimenting with putting bodies of water down prior to building, just to see if I could have a zoo where the paths, habitats and animals could follow the water pattern, rather than adding water after the paths and habitats are underway. I discovered that keepers don't cross constructed bridges to refill food enrichments or clean on islands within a habitat, though, which is a bummer. I could have sworn I saw images of keepers crossing bridges. I'd love to be able to have islands or streams dividing parts of my habitats or to do a monkey or lemur island type habitat, like you see sometimes in real zoos.
This sounds like a cool Idea. Normally the Bridges should work unless they've changed something. Did you already try to make it wider?

Finally finished the Quagga Statue I've worked on the whole Day (of course I also took a few Breaks)

This time I worked on my otter habitat. I've used the giant otter, of course, but I pretend they are the Eurasian otter. I've had so much trouble to build the underwater viewing building. First I dug a hole using the terrain tool with a height of 6 m, but then the water was only 3.7 m deep, so I had to dig again. Then I had struggles with the fence. Afterwards, it was a madness to join the path. Luckily, after all the problems, I'm satisfied with the result.

20210303225003_1.jpg

20210303224533_1-jpg.211657

20210303224857_1.jpg

20210303225420_1.jpg

Attachments

• 20210303224533_1.jpg
    20210303224533_1.jpg
    434.4 KB · Views: 264
This time I worked on my otter habitat. I've used the giant otter, of course, but I pretend they are the Eurasian otter. I've had so much trouble to build the underwater viewing building. First I dug a hole using the terrain tool with a height of 6 m, but then the water was only 3.7 m deep, so I had to dig again. Then I had struggles with the fence. Afterwards, it was a madness to join the path. Luckily, after all the problems, I'm satisfied with the result.

View attachment 211656
This Viewing Gallery looks great. I don't know why I never think about building them like that

I started my new Zoo Bookland Zoo. I figured, what was holding me back to start this project was the thought, that I had to start with an entrance. I totally was not in the mood for that. So I decided to be a rebell and start with a Flamingo habitat.

Bookland Zoo will be my "welfare off" zoo, where I can focus just on building and developing a semi-realistic zoo. Totally looking forward to that zoo.

I will keep Unity as my welfare on and "just relax and play" zoo. And to add new species that might come with DLCs and mods more easily, if it fits the theme. However, Bookland Zoo too will have a structure that makes it easier to add new species. So no sections by region, but by story telling.

Top Bottom