What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Well, the Southeast Asia Nocturnal House is complete, but I'm waiting on some artwork for my billboards that someone is making for me before I show it off, so I decided to continue the trail further down and start on the islands of Komodo and Borneo. Still very much WIP, more so the Orangutan/Proboscis monkey one though. TIL just how immersion breaking (and annoying for escaping) it can be that the monkeys can walk on the lillypads. Definitely needs to get removed.

Screenshot-44.png
Screenshot-60.png
Screenshot-38.png
Screenshot-39.png

@Swjosdotschka Here are the two houses I've built so far. Hope you enjoy them and I would love to see how you use them in your zoo. :)

Workshop links:

Thank you sooo much! Subscribed to them.
I guess I have to make some room/time for Murmeldorf soon. :) I'll place them there.

@Bearcat9948 Wow, what a habitat! I especially love the rock work and the custom fencing.

I moved the African wild dogs into a new larger habitat that can host larger packs. Also, I wanted them not to be next to the hyenas so that the similar animals are more spread in the area. The backstage door on the left side can be used in the future to open into a potential desert area if we get those animals, so this new location places the dogs at the entry of the desert, which fits well.

20210411182909_1.jpg

20210411182505_1.jpg

20210411182931_1.jpg

Continuing down the SE Asia trail, just opposite the Bornean island habitat is the outdoor yard for clouded leopard. There is an indoor habitat that these two rotate with another individual male, which you haven't seen yet, as that is in the nocturnal house.

I definitely strayed away from the purely tropical vibes the other habitats thus far have, it's still tropical but with a hint of temperate thrown in haha. I'm pretty proud of this build, I think it's the best one so far. I am disappointed I couldn't work the hammock in however, the way the habitat slopes down would've been basically ruined by it unfortunately.

Screenshot-107.png
Screenshot-106.png
Screenshot-105.png

I've built a round Koala House. It worked better than I've expected. I still need to close a few really small Gaps in the Roof that exist due to the Design with Logs between the Wall Pieces.
I've also learned that it seems like Koalas only stay almost all the Time on their Trees if there are no Enrichment Items in the Enclosure because as soon as I gave them Enrichment Items, they started being on the Ground almost all the Time. Is there some Way to prevent them from staying on the Floor for so long without deleting all Enrichment? Putting the Enrichment Items on other Climbing Stuff might work but it would look weird with the Food Trees and I want no artificial Climbing Structures in that Enclosure.

I've also done a few Changes to the Big Cat House. I've added Brick Walls that surround the Entrance Area and added a potted Palm Tree to it. I will probably add more later when I discover the perfect Places for them

Build my first habitat in Tierpark Murmeldorf today - American Bisons. Bought some animals for later as well and planned which animals in general will move into the zoo. Thanks to mods, even if I mostly use easy to keep animals, I am at 30 species on my list. So a long term project, it seems ;)

I also made an entrance sign in adobe spark today for Murmeldorf.

The former habitat for wild dogs now houses cheetah. I haven't had to modify it, I just removed some palm trees, so I've had more time to do some buildings for shops. I've also themed the monorail stations. I never know how to build the rides stations, i'm preety bad at this. Besides, as I play with a laptop, I don't want to burn it and i try to keep the amount of pieces as low as possible.

20210414140228_1.jpg

20210414140436_1.jpg

20210414140505_1.jpg

20210414140404_1.jpg

Continuing down the SE Asia trail, just opposite the Bornean island habitat is the outdoor yard for clouded leopard. There is an indoor habitat that these two rotate with another individual male, which you haven't seen yet, as that is in the nocturnal house.

I definitely strayed away from the purely tropical vibes the other habitats thus far have, it's still tropical but with a hint of temperate thrown in haha. I'm pretty proud of this build, I think it's the best one so far. I am disappointed I couldn't work the hammock in however, the way the habitat slopes down would've been basically ruined by it unfortunately.

That looks really good!

I've built a round Koala House. It worked better than I've expected. I still need to close a few really small Gaps in the Roof that exist due to the Design with Logs between the Wall Pieces.
I've also learned that it seems like Koalas only stay almost all the Time on their Trees if there are no Enrichment Items in the Enclosure because as soon as I gave them Enrichment Items, they started being on the Ground almost all the Time. Is there some Way to prevent them from staying on the Floor for so long without deleting all Enrichment? Putting the Enrichment Items on other Climbing Stuff might work but it would look weird with the Food Trees and I want no artificial Climbing Structures in that Enclosure.

I've also done a few Changes to the Big Cat House. I've added Brick Walls that surround the Entrance Area and added a potted Palm Tree to it. I will probably add more later when I discover the perfect Places for them

It seems to be less about the enrichment and more about the traversable area. I think it was FoxyDee who mentioned this a while ago and it worked: They should have minimum space, just enough to meet their requirements, but not much more. As soon as I put them in such a small habitat, they climbed all the time. While in a larger one with a lot of free space, they spent most time on the ground.

It seems to be less about the enrichment and more about the traversable area. I think it was FoxyDee who mentioned this a while ago and it worked: They should have minimum space, just enough to meet their requirements, but not much more. As soon as I put them in such a small habitat, they climbed all the time. While in a larger one with a lot of free space, they spent most time on the ground.
For some Reason they are climbing more often after I've started the Game again. I hope it stays that Way.
There is only enough Space for 3 adult Koalas and currently 2 are living in there

I am trying to save my zoo because I'm losing all the money (and I don't have to pay refunds). My visitors think that the zoo is great and about 30 % say they want to ride the monorail, but they don't do it (it is open and working well). They are very thirsty and hungry, but I have plenty of shops which most of them are empty. I have so many vendors that I spend a fortune on staff salaries. They think it is too hot, but I have covered almost all the paths with coolers set to 30 C (it's a zoo on a Spanish city on the Mediterranean, lower temperatures would be too unrealistic). All my animals have very high welfare and I have animal talks, the original education boards and speakers for all of them, but the education rating is extremely low. The overall satisfaction of my visitors is less than 50 %.

I think that the problem was that all people were walking to the animal talks and therefore they didn't do anything else. I've fired all my educators (13, so I was spending a lot of money on them) to see if this fixes the situation. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to have to turn money off.

Coolers
20210415203308_1.jpg

Education
20210415203322_1.jpg

@Ulysse That's beautiful! I really like your climbing frames :)

@Aramar I find it really hard to balance those animal talks, I had the same problem in my larger zoo.What helps me to get the education rating up besides that is to try and cover every path with a speaker. So I give the education speakers the biggest range (without them overlapping of course), so that wherever the visitors walk, they hear something. And about the empty shops, maybe you could try to lower the prices a bit? I hope you can save your zoo!

I made some progress with my habitat for the clouded leopards. I wanted to try a very industrial vibe, but I plan to give them a lot of foliage. I really like it so far and hope to finish it on the weekend. The overpass is from the workshop. Oh, and I found out that the two leopards I bought from the market are actually siblings. So I have to resell and buy new ones. They have to breed, because the habitat is huge :D

20210415222233_1.jpg

@Ulysse That's beautiful! I really like your climbing frames :)

@Aramar I find it really hard to balance those animal talks, I had the same problem in my larger zoo.What helps me to get the education rating up besides that is to try and cover every path with a speaker. So I give the education speakers the biggest range (without them overlapping of course), so that wherever the visitors walk, they hear something. And about the empty shops, maybe you could try to lower the prices a bit? I hope you can save your zoo!

I made some progress with my habitat for the clouded leopards. I wanted to try a very industrial vibe, but I plan to give them a lot of foliage. I really like it so far and hope to finish it on the weekend. The overpass is from the workshop. Oh, and I found out that the two leopards I bought from the market are actually siblings. So I have to resell and buy new ones. They have to breed, because the habitat is huge :D

View attachment 220360
I like the Roof of the Enclosure. Just looks like it could end like the Mandrill Enclosure in my Forest Zoo (the Ropes were too wide apart and the Mandrills were climbing on Top of it😆)
Edit : only noticed that Glass Tunnel now. I like the futuristic looking Design of it but personally I think it would fit better with a different Enclosure Design

I am trying to save my zoo because I'm losing all the money (and I don't have to pay refunds). My visitors think that the zoo is great and about 30 % say they want to ride the monorail, but they don't do it (it is open and working well). They are very thirsty and hungry, but I have plenty of shops which most of them are empty. I have so many vendors that I spend a fortune on staff salaries. They think it is too hot, but I have covered almost all the paths with coolers set to 30 C (it's a zoo on a Spanish city on the Mediterranean, lower temperatures would be too unrealistic). All my animals have very high welfare and I have animal talks, the original education boards and speakers for all of them, but the education rating is extremely low. The overall satisfaction of my visitors is less than 50 %.

I think that the problem was that all people were walking to the animal talks and therefore they didn't do anything else. I've fired all my educators (13, so I was spending a lot of money on them) to see if this fixes the situation. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to have to turn money off.

Coolers
View attachment 220297
Education
View attachment 220299
Just had a Idea. Maybe add some Shops close to the Talk Points if you add Educators again. I think this would be a great Opportunity to sell the Guests something to eat, drink or some Souvenirs 😉

Top Bottom