What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

The Australian area of ZARPA has received its highlight: koalas are here! From the front side, you can see them behind the glass on the ground level, but you can walk around the building going up the ramp. From behind, you are on the tree level and there's no glass between you and the lovely koalas. There's some empty space next to the building where I hope to put Tasmanian devils one day too.

View attachment 235699
View attachment 235703

I love this build! I really love the Australian theme I hope we get devils and more animals to use it with because it’s really my favorite theme in the game

I finished the Australian area with the habitat for cassowaries. This is already more lushy and will be the tranisition point for the next area.

20210530140051_1.jpg

20210530140122_1.jpg

20210530140739_1.jpg

Oooh it’s going into South East Asia isn’t it? I plan on using my cassowaries for that transition as well. Kinda go island hopping by using babirusas next lol.
Probably Asia in general. Initially I was thinking of South America, but my zoo is quite big for my laptop so I need to start thinking of finishing it. Since I love tigers, I will go for an Asian area instead.

I decided to turn welfare on in Golding. Normally this should have been my "no realism, just vibes" zoo (thanks to BestInSlot for that saying), but I feel one zoo with welfare off (Murmeldorf, kind-of realistic low budget zoo, so welfare off is needed for the Plant needs) was enough. So with Golding I'll play a mix of realism and game intended mechanics. I don't care too much about using plants in an unrealistc way, but will go for realism with the terrain. No long grass in a habitat with a herd of hoovstock :D

To adapt to the turned on welfare, my Flamingos got a backstage are with a plastered pool for the night.

Well, in my experimental zoo, Felid Fairway has been completed. Probably spent more time on it than I should have considering it's finals week. Whoops.
20210607143054_1.jpg

The cheetahs have adapted well to the exhibit, though they do like to sit and lay under the guest pathway on the right.

20210607143132_1.jpg

There is one of the Clouded Leopards right now.

20210607143310_1.jpg

The Bengal Tigers on the other hand, have not adapted super well. They take every opportunity to escape. Had that ended up being loose on the zoo grounds for a month, it kept out running the vets. So I just raised the crap out of their walls. The short wall on the opposite end, that's 4m. That said, I do feel since the Bengal's and the Jaguars ended up with smaller than intended habitats. I have plans to expand them at least a little in the future.

20210607143347_1.jpg

That brings me to the Jaguars. Unfortunately, they are not doing so well. The female is constantly sick, unfortunately. So much so that I had to expand the area staff to include an extra vet that is basically just dedicated to the female Jaguar.

And last but not least, the Siberian Tigers!
20210607143634_1.jpg

You should be able to see the two adults. Their cub is off who knows where in the exhibit. Turns out you can make the exhibits too big, because I have trouble finding my individual snow leopards, and Siberians.
20210607143714_1.jpg

The tree cluster on the left contains their shelter though, which was really fun to make.
20210607143912_1.jpg

Well, that's the short version of Felid Fairway.
20210607143733_1.jpg

Well, in my experimental zoo, Felid Fairway has been completed. Probably spent more time on it than I should have considering it's finals week. Whoops.View attachment 237667
The cheetahs have adapted well to the exhibit, though they do like to sit and lay under the guest pathway on the right.

View attachment 237668
There is one of the Clouded Leopards right now.

View attachment 237669
The Bengal Tigers on the other hand, have not adapted super well. They take every opportunity to escape. Had that ended up being loose on the zoo grounds for a month, it kept out running the vets. So I just raised the crap out of their walls. The short wall on the opposite end, that's 4m. That said, I do feel since the Bengal's and the Jaguars ended up with smaller than intended habitats. I have plans to expand them at least a little in the future.

View attachment 237670
That brings me to the Jaguars. Unfortunately, they are not doing so well. The female is constantly sick, unfortunately. So much so that I had to expand the area staff to include an extra vet that is basically just dedicated to the female Jaguar.

And last but not least, the Siberian Tigers!
View attachment 237673
You should be able to see the two adults. Their cub is off who knows where in the exhibit. Turns out you can make the exhibits too big, because I have trouble finding my individual snow leopards, and Siberians.View attachment 237675
The tree cluster on the left contains their shelter though, which was really fun to make.
View attachment 237678

Well, that's the short version of Felid Fairway.
View attachment 237680
I've also had the Problem once that Animals got sick all the Time without a Explanation. Don't remember how I've fixed it back then. At first I would check if everything's fine with the Water Filtration. Next I would take a Look at the Habitat Cleanliness Heatmap. Did Guests maybe throw Food into the Enclosure? Had this Problem once in one of my Zoos for a very long Time because there were lots of Pizza in the Moat of the Okapi Enclosure and they got sick all the Time. I hope I was able to help

Top Bottom